2012 yeti 5l airbag module location

Rossgird

Hi I am trying to find the airbag control module on my yeti, I disconnected the battery to do some wire repairs, and now the airbag light is on and will not reset, no errors coming up on vcd read, so was going to try and swop out the module, is this feasible or am I possibly missing something here. 

Module is located on top of the transmission tunnel behind the console.

A fault code will be generated, no point in changing the module with hope, even if it had failed the new one would require coding to operate and the fault code will need erasing.

Wire repairs behind the glovebox by any chance?

Edited by J.R.

Thank you, I used and obd11 reader and it did not show any error codes, I was repairing the drivers door wiring harness and now the indicator in the wing mirror is also not working, doubt it is related. I will try and get a proper vcds reading. 

4 hours ago, Rossgird said:

I was repairing the drivers door wiring harness and now the indicator in the wing mirror is also not working, doubt it is related

I don't even doubt is is not related.

You will have disturbed the wiring for the side impact G sensor/accelerometer, if the battery was not disconnected or if the connection was not remade properly when the battery voltage restored it will have brought up a fault code and the airbag warning light.

On 24/03/2021 at 13:26, Rossgird said:

Thank you, I used and obd11 reader and it did not show any error codes, I was repairing the drivers door wiring harness and now the indicator in the wing mirror is also not working, doubt it is related. I will try and get a proper vcds reading. 

OBD is only powertrain diagnostic,dont even see modules like airbag,media,central electronic...only engine and SOME ABS,AUTOTRANSMISION.. thats all for 20$ diag.device

Airbag ecu is always in midle od the car...DONT search  for it BEFORE you have diagnostic report for it...even IF its broken there will be  reported as internal fault or similar description..so diagnostic first

• Like 1

Thanks, problem solved, I think it was when the drivers door harness was removed, it triggered an intermittent error code which has now been cleared and all fine, thanks for all the replies.