Spare /spacesaver tyre for Fabia with 16inch wheels

Hi all,

I would like to order a spare or spacesaver tyre for my Fabia Mote Carlo 2018. It has 16inch alloy wheels (215 / 45R 16, 86H).

What size and type of a spacesaver tyre can I have? If anyone's Fabia came with the standard manufacturer spacesaver, can you please let me know the size?

Appreciate your help. 

You might find that one of your four normal wheels/tyres will fit. Have you tried this?

The Fabia can come with two spare wheels/tyres.

A true space saver, narrow, skinny, speed limited one.

A Steel 6j x 15 wheel with a 185 60 15 tyre fitted. 

This can be the same size as the wheels/tyres fitted to some Fabia III's

Don't forget you will want all the kit as well, the jack, wheel brace tool holder etc.

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 1

mytyres.co.uk are listing Alcar 6664 6Jx16 ET35 steel rims from the Skoda Kamiq/Scala which could be used as a spare when fitted with 195/50R16 tyres, on the Fabia MK3. 195/50R16 has the same outside diameter as 185/60R15. The latest Vredestein Quatrac tyres are available in this size.

Steel Rims for Skoda SCALA 1.0 TSI

Your car

Car manufacturer: Skoda  
Car model: SCALA 1.0 TSI  
Car type: NW 999ccm 70 kW BJ.: 05.2019-  

ALCAR
Rim type 5-hole steel wheel
Size 6 x 16
Bolt pattern 5 x 100.00 x 57.00
Offset 35.00

£ 47.10

Vredestein Quatrac 195/50R16 88V XL

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m139b0s8824p202112/Vredestein_Tyres_All_Season_Car_Vredestein_Quatrac_6_-_195_50_R16_88V_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_70dB

6Jx16 ET35 Alloy Rims from the Skoda Kamiq/Scala

Kolo z lehké slitiny NANUQ 16" pro SCALA, KAMIQ

Kolo z lehké slitiny NANUQ 16" pro SCALA, KAMIQ

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/cs_CZ/hlinikove-disky/c/alloyWheels?q=%3AscoreDesc%3AcarType%3AScala%2B%282019%2B%29&page=0

Edited by Carlston

But the Vredestein Quatrac 6 is directional.

It is better to fit a non directional tyre to a spare wheel.

I have a full size Alloy wheel, the same as the rest of the wheels/tyres as my spare, with an asymmetrical tyre fitted to it.

Thanks, AG Falco

12 hours ago, Jim H said:

This is what we got when we asked for a spare before picking up the car.

1747081344_img_20191201_143803205--2edit.thumb.jpg.8e678e8f80b226e78e7e3d840e7290cd.jpg

Maybe you could confirm that the dimensions of that wheel are ie, is the ET 35 or 38 it should be a 6J in width, also the VW Group part number just in case the OP can buy one cheaper locally than via mytyres as there will be a delivery cost to add into their price, worth checking what the all up price is though for getting a wheel+tyre, as said non directional. I've used mytyres a few times with no problems - if you go down the steel spare route.

Thank you all for your replies. I had a look at Skoda's accessories document and on page 23 HERE

they have: 'Temporary space save steel spare wheel (for 16" wheels upwards) * & ***' priced at £115. Its not clear if its just the spare wheel or the spare wheel with kit?

12 minutes ago, HadFad said:

'Temporary space save steel spare wheel (for 16" wheels upwards)

This is for when you order a new car. If you are buying it all now it will be more money.

If you have 16'' or above wheels they are suggesting a temporary space saver wheel/tyre which comes with the tool kit.

If you have 15'' wheels you can get the same size wheel/tyre as on the car but the wheel rim will be a steel, again with the tool kit.

You can buy Fabia III's with 15'' steel or 15'' alloys rims.

Do you have any tools in the car at the minute.

I would not buy a new spare wheel/tyre just to use temporary if/when you need it.

I have bought a wheel rim the same as on the car then I can use it without any restrictions.

If one of your present wheels fits in the boot then think about getting one more of these.

You could put a worn but not worn out tyre from your present wheels on it to start with. 

Thanks, AG Falco

42 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

This is for when you order a new car. If you are buying it all now it will be more money.

If you have 16'' or above wheels they are suggesting a temporary space saver wheel/tyre which comes with the tool kit.

If you have 15'' wheels you can get the same size wheel/tyre as on the car but the wheel rim will be a steel, again with the tool kit.

You can buy Fabia III's with 15'' steel or 15'' alloys rims.

Do you have any tools in the car at the minute.

I would not buy a new spare wheel/tyre just to use temporary if/when you need it.

I have bought a wheel rim the same as on the car then I can use it without any restrictions.

If one of your present wheels fits in the boot then think about getting one more of these.

You could put a worn but not worn out tyre from your present wheels on it to start with. 

Thanks, AG Falco

No tools so cant remove the wheels and test. I will check with my local Skoda dealer when I take it in for a service. your suggestion of having a similar size rim makes sense. many thanks

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/04/2021 at 10:55, georgef said:

I have a spare steel wheel with an unused tyre and an unused toolkit I will sell. Where are you? Both from a Fabia III and original kit.

Hi, 

I have just bought a 2015 Fabia III 1.2 Tsi with no spare..... if you are still selling how much are you asking ( am going to speak to sales rep in next few days to see if I can squeeze one out of him.....)?