Delivery lead-time

Ianhudson

I actually called my dealership  and got similar news, build week is passed and no news of it being built. I had looked at getting a pre reg or ex demo car but they all seem to be £10-15k more than we have agreed so I guess I’ll be waiting…. Would actually be better if it doesn’t come till mid July - we have a holiday booked and our current car might be a better bet for all the miles planned until I get used to electric.

On 23/03/2022 at 21:30, Mloc said:

Week 10 here also and have resigned myself to July/august. Although I do read that they expect production to begin again in 3-4 weeks. Hopefully starting with original week 9/10 builds. 

Wiring harnesses have started being produced again a few days ago so hopefully they will commence production even sooner…

The need to meet the Average Co2 emissions in the EU might affect how keen Skoda / VW are to get the electrified vehicles first registered.

They were desperate in the past 2 years to get more and more registered in the UK as it has the figures separate from the EU but now with partners like MG helping them get the results they are not so desperate.

Maybe one thing making a difference will be getting the cars paid for with GBP rather than Euro's or just the Dealerships needs to be shifting more EV's and meeting the demand if the demand is actually still high as government incentives / grants drop.

• 4 weeks later...

I had been given my build week as WC 14th March. since then all gone quiet. 

No progress on the build and no delivery date in mind. had been given delivery time of WC 18th April, but the dealer is saying it hasnt left the factory yet. 

will just wait and see, hoping it will come before end of May, but that is a big hope! 

34 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@Jcb05 Is it confirmed as built?

Nope not yet. 

I called my dealer Monday and they said they had no further update. Will check in again with them on Monday / Tuesday next week but im not hopeful. 

Im assuming I got caught up in the wiring loom issues and they have started but not finished yet. 

• Thanks 1

Just got an update from the dealership... 

Still waiting for the car to leave the factory... still unclear as to whether it has finished being built or not. 

Praying it will be done and delivered by end of May, but thats a big hope! 

Im getting a Loft 60, Race Blue, with a few option packs. Nothing special. 

Production was due to start 13th March, but that was just as the conflicts started so supply from Ukraine would have come to a halt. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

heard from the dealer that the car has left the plant as of 5th May.

Mater of waiting now. I guess at least 5 weeks for the car to make it to Germany and then the boat...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dubincalling said:

heard from the dealer that the car has left the plant as of 5th May.

Mater of waiting now. I guess at least 5 weeks for the car to make it to Germany and then the boat...

Hopefully mine isnt far behind yours.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard from my dealer,

My car went into production (confirmed by Skoda email) on Wednesday 9th May and it has now left the factory. They have said it should be with them in 3-4 weeks. 

typically 1 week after my holiday to Cornwall which would have been a lovely test for range / comfort for the new car, instead taking the Wife's polo :( 

• Like 1

So magically, 

Mine has made it from manufacture start date (9th May) to dealer in 3 weeks... just had a call to say mines arrived and I can collect it on Thursday this week once they get my registration documents sorted. 

So happy it arrived in time for my holiday. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my Enyaq iv60 on 11Dec 2021, with an estimated delivery date of 30 April 2022. No problem there then, i waited over 9 months for my first Yeti in 2009. 

I was told by the salesperson that my 2 year old Kodiaq Scout would get me a very good trade in price of £24,750.00, but when I showed him the text I had received from We Buy Any Car offering me £30,000.00 he exited for a 20 minute discussion with his manager, after which the trade in was revised to £29.000.00, which I accepted.

On placing the order, I was asked me how often I would like an update, and I agreed that once a month would be adequate, but to inform me immediately a build number was issued. Since then 'radio silence', apart from my emails and phone calls which were fobbed off with various excuses, not once leading to a conversation with the original salesperson. So yesterday (Tuesday 7 June '22) I decided to call into the dealership in person. Greeted outside by a female salesperson who was not at all receptive, I was asked curtly what my business was (she had incorrectly assumed I required the service bay and had come in the wrong entrance). On explaining why I was there and whom I had called to see, I was informed that he wasn't at work, but she would make enquiries for me on his behalf.

The outcome was that as yet there isn't a build order for my vehicle,  but they had just received one for a similar Enyaq ordered in October '21. She commented that as Skoda have stopped taking any more orders for the iv60, there may be a possibility that they are working to clear those models first, but that's only her opinion. On leaving the dealership, I was offered a lame and rather hollow apology, which I grudgingly accepted with reservations. I had not felt welcomed, in fact it felt and seemed that I was just being a nuisance.

I am not kicking off about the lead times, as they have been subject to so many variables from Covid, chip and wiring loom shortages through to factory shutdowns and the war in Ukraine, but on the very poor service that I have received from the Skoda dealership. This will be my 5th Skoda, and has been the worst experience of customer relations that I have experienced thus far.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered an enyaq 80with sunroof but not much else on add-ons end. Nov 2021, and paid the £1k deposit. Initially told 6-7 mths delivery, and after enquiring last spring told it was tbd (ie dealership have no info).  I was told the same earlier this summer. Just called again today and got the same message, though also told that enyaqs had been being built in Russia, which was why they have had so many problems catching up with production delays. That was news to me. I said if I don't get reliable assurance I should get it by end 2022, will have to consider cancelling as the risks now not remote that I will wait till next year sometime only to be told "sorry, your orders got lost"  or " we need to cancel your order" . Does anyone else have recent news on open orders for enyaq 80's ?

There's a thread running on the other Enyaq forum, 186 pages long, on delivery delays, but the general gist is that orders from Nov 21 are starting to come through now. Possibly 60's a bit faster than 80's but it all seems to be very random and hit and miss with no logic to it at all really.....

My 60, ordered on 15/11/21 is due to be collected from the dealer on Thursday (:)), but there have been so so many delays ( factory covid shutdown, factory war shutdown, shortage of chips, stuck at Emdem, dealer taking nearly two weeks to PDI) that I really won't believe it till I have the keys in my hand.....

Just in time to be dearer to run than the diesel it replaces unless Liz Truss pulls something out of the hat......🤣

To be honest the whole delay thing has sucked almost any pleasure out of the new car and several times I have nearly cancelled the order and bought a van, which I really could do with for my little side line business.......

Yes I had seen that message chain - thanks.

Increasing energy costs (charging at a motorway service stop now often around 60p/kWh) significantly alters the economics for an EV unless you mostly drive short local and have a home charger, to put it mildly. Let's see what's in the energy bill package, but if domestic charge rates hike again in October and next January, with no prospect of relief, then someone buying an EV is only doing it to reduce their personal ghg emissions and spending quite a lot to achieve that. Might be worth me hanging on to my 6 yr old outlander phev and spend the money more usefully some other way...

10 kWh @ 52 pence a KWh = £5.20 if you get 4 miles per kWh then 40 miles.  Even if 70 pence a kWh if paid then 40 miles for £7 is ok.  Especially if it is for business use.    When you are only getting 3 miles per KWh then not so good, or when electric tariffs on public or home charging goes higher. 

35 pence & kWh so £6.05 and if you get only 3 miles per kWh then 52 miles. If 4.5 miles then 77.8 miles.

If double the price then £12.10 for 76.6 miles if getting good efficiency. 

DSCN1700.JPG.4cc1d602b7d3e5df2da3f16499657b9d.jpeg

Edited by roottoot

• 3 weeks later...

That's exactly when I ordered but my dealer said yesterday he has no news except my delivery (enyaq 80 lodge, sunroof)  being pushed back to the 2023 model ☹️

Any how well done and all the best with it. 

What the dealers have said is that the transfer of spec from the MY22 to the MY23 is a manual process because of the redefinition of packs and options between the two years. This is slow process but should be completed by end Sep after which the flow of new cars should increase. What is happening to the supposedly 350 Enyaqs a day coming off the production line I am not sure, unless they are stacking them up to be individually 'finished' before despatch.