Fabia Estate - 95 vs 110 psi?

Hi all

Buying a Fabia Estate (used) and can get the 110 or 95 psi model (2019).  

I’m coming from a Nissan Note - so it is around 95 psi I believe.  Will be 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) in the car most of the time - with the odd camping trip (roof box included) once or maybe twice a year.

The Note is really sluggish (but bearable) when on the camping trips but fine the rest of the time with us all in.

Any views on whether the 95 will be fine or should I pay extra to get the 110?  It will cost more insurance too so I’m hesitant due to the cost...and in addition the 95 I can get has far less mileage.  

will the 95 be ok - bearing in mind that’s what I’m used to with my Nissan - and the Fabia is a tsi? 

Any views welcome :)

Ideally you would want to test both of them to see if you notice any difference. 

I can speak from experience of a hatch with both engines and with just three people on board, the difference isn't that noticeable. However I would imagine with more of a load on, the 110 would be better.

You're not just getting 15 more horses but about 40Nm more of torque and an extra gear in the 110 over the 95ps though so there is that to consider.

Another option would be going a bit older still and seeing if you can find one with the 105ps 1.4 diesel (if you're not against diesel) and then you definitely won't be short of power.

I test drove and found the 95 a bit sluggish, so went for the 110 and am delighted with it.
The main differences are:-

The 110 has a 6 speed gearbox and 16” wheels compared with the 95s 5 speed box and 15” wheels.

Mark

Always had Yeti, then decided to save the earth and dropped down to a Fabia Estate.

The one in the showroom was someone elses spec. but the Lioness fell in love with it,

A 1L 110 Monte Carlo it takes off whatever the load and swallows an amazing amount

of gear for camping although I fitted an Ocean 80 top box for bedding and clothing.

I had driven most of the Fabia engine sizes and a Citigo small engine.

The 110 is it though with its 6 speed g/box, If I were less restrained I could play Boy Racer

all day every day and be a steady camper at weekends.

• Sponsor
On 05/04/2021 at 21:34, Mattdanielc said:

Hi all

Buying a Fabia Estate (used) and can get the 110 or 95 psi model (2019).  

I’m coming from a Nissan Note - so it is around 95 psi I believe.  Will be 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) in the car most of the time - with the odd camping trip (roof box included) once or maybe twice a year.

The Note is really sluggish (but bearable) when on the camping trips but fine the rest of the time with us all in.

Any views on whether the 95 will be fine or should I pay extra to get the 110?  It will cost more insurance too so I’m hesitant due to the cost...and in addition the 95 I can get has far less mileage.  

will the 95 be ok - bearing in mind that’s what I’m used to with my Nissan - and the Fabia is a tsi? 

Any views welcome :)

Hi. 

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2021 at 16:47, mark999 said:

I test drove and found the 95 a bit sluggish, so went for the 110 and am delighted with it.
The main differences are:-

The 110 has a 6 speed gearbox and 16” wheels compared with the 95s 5 speed box and 15” wheels.

Mark

The 95 comes with 16” alloys on the colour edition. Come to think of it the bhp and wheels sizes are not related, depends on the model spec. 

• 1 month later...

110 great. I've just moved to one from a 140bhptdi Octavia and there isn't much difference in performance. In a small car 110bhp makes it nippy. I'm hoping changing from the 15 inch 185/60 tyres to put a bit more rubber on the road will be good.