This one's ours - Mk1 vRS Combi, Black Magic

Evil

The Hoodie on the bike is already eyeing it up :D

Edited by J.R.
  • Haha 2

Thanks to @DeanVRS20VT for the heads up, we now have an armrest..

Bit of fiddling to get it just in the right place but it's done. 

Just need to find the spare lid I started to retrim in leather.... 

IMG_20210406_141949.jpg

IMG_20210406_142812.jpg

IMG_20210406_144734.jpg

IMG_20210406_145113.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Evil said:

Thanks to @DeanVRS20VT for the heads up, we now have an armrest..

Bit of fiddling to get it just in the right place but it's done. 

Makes a world of difference on the long journeys. 😁👌I think I said you could just buy a replacement leather on on eBay which would save on having to retrim a spare.

1 minute ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Makes a world of difference on the long journeys. 😁👌I think I said you could just buy a replacement leather on on eBay which would save on having to retrim a spare.

I did that for the golf, they're mostly pu leather and poorly padded. 

If I fail on the retrim, though, an ebay special will be coming - just don't tell the missus :giggle:

Filters arrived from GSF, replaced air filter and fitted cabin filter (because it didn't have one).. 

So now I'm searching for the plastic surround/cover/whatever is supposed to be there...

And one of the small over covers pinged off the scuttle (broke the glue that was holding it in place) so I'm looking for one of those too.. :mad:

IMG_20210407_124656.jpg

Edited by Evil
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Evil said:

Filters arrived from GSF, replaced air filter and fitted cabin filter (because it didn't have one).. 

So now I'm searching for the plastic surround/cover/whatever is supposed to be there...

And one of the small over covers pinged off the scuttle (broke the glue that was holding it in place) so I'm looking for one of those too.. :mad:

IMG_20210407_124656.jpg

I just ordered one of those from skodaparts.   

two left in the country now apparently.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New rear wiper arm and blade (this is Golf 5, Polo etc so has the cutout for the wiper mount washer jet - better than what was on there though). 

Could really do with a new rust-free tailgate. 

Or a friendly, local, bodyshop. 

IMG_20210516_124222.jpg

• Like 1

Been looking into the pitiful sound from the stereo... 

Apart from some (very) low rent jvc speakers..... :wall:

IMG_20210522_163949.jpg

On 06/04/2021 at 15:21, DeanVRS20VT said:

Couldn't find the one I started so ebay to the rescue!! 

received_1193087811135392.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kirsty reported that the clutch pedal stuck on the floor last night (she pulled it back and it's been fine).. 

As a preventative I'm getting the welding done to strengthen it... 

Progress is slow..... 

IMG_20210611_170732.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Indicators replaced with pattern ones.. needed doing, the nearside had things growing in it. New wiper blades, proper ones this time..

Needs badges front and back and new plates made.. among a seemingly ever increasing list of other bits..

Front1.jpg

• Like 2

Not sure if you're interested but I recently bought the front grille badge for my car.  It took a bit of tracking down as some sellers wanted £25!

In the end it was about £14 but is a genuine badge, not a cheapo reproduction.

Here's the link :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192197008784

• Thanks 1

On 27/06/2021 at 10:28, skinnyman said:

Not sure if you're interested but I recently bought the front grille badge for my car.  It took a bit of tracking down as some sellers wanted £25!

In the end it was about £14 but is a genuine badge, not a cheapo reproduction.

Here's the link :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192197008784

Thanks.. ordered one.

Almost 3 month estimated delivery though... I'll have long forgotten I'd ordered it by then .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Evil said:

Thanks.. ordered one.

Almost 3 month estimated delivery though... I'll have long forgotten I'd ordered it by then .

It said that when I ordered mine but in reality it was a couple of weeks.  Hopefully yours will be a similar time.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2021 at 16:31, skinnyman said:

It said that when I ordered mine but in reality it was a couple of weeks.  Hopefully yours will be a similar time.

I also found genuine badges for the rear, tend to debadge the back but I'm trying to keep it OE-ish looking... 

On 30/06/2021 at 10:09, Evil said:

I also found genuine badges for the rear, tend to debadge the back but I'm trying to keep it OE-ish looking... 

Same here.  I normally get rid of badges but have left them on this car for some reason.  I need a front badge as mine is a bit scruffy but there's other things to sort first.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a thing for Lemforder.... 

Wishbones 

Ball joints 

Top mounts with bearings

Dog bone (w/new bolts) 

Just waiting on the new suspension and, hopefully, it'll stop sounding like a knackered bed. 

IMG_20210730_130811.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Garage couldn't book me in til the 23rd..

Bit of a bummer, it's all doable by us we just don't have the space (and time's in short supply too)

Just starting to get the parts together for a PCV, EVAP and SAI delete (the latter 2 have been software deleted by the remap) - I have zero confidence for this so will be seeking guidance (supervision) from a chap who I think knows what he's doing.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Evil said:

Just starting to get the parts together for a PCV, EVAP and SAI delete (the latter 2 have been software deleted by the remap) - I have zero confidence for this so will be seeking guidance (supervision) from a chap who I think knows what he's doing.. 

I wouldn't worry too much about doing those three mods.  I managed and if I can be successful then I'm sure you'll be fine.  

I followed Bowders' guides for all three whilst looking on the other 1.8t forums for any pitfalls that might be out there.  As long as you've got all the bits needed before you start then it is all fairly straightforward.

My car passed its MOT last week without any issues so if done correctly then the 1.8t engine still runs fine.

If you want to know anything before you start, just ask and if I know the answer I'll help.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, skinnyman said:

I wouldn't worry too much about doing those three mods.  I managed and if I can be successful then I'm sure you'll be fine.  

I followed Bowders' guides for all three whilst looking on the other 1.8t forums for any pitfalls that might be out there.  As long as you've got all the bits needed before you start then it is all fairly straightforward.

My car passed its MOT last week without any issues so if done correctly then the 1.8t engine still runs fine.

If you want to know anything before you start, just ask and if I know the answer I'll help.

:thumbup:

Thanks Mr. Skinny.. my biggest thing at the moment is the parts list and the price of oil/fuel hose (I did the PCV delete on a pd130 engined Golf and don't remember 19mm hose being £7 a metre).

I'm guessing I don't need resistors to fool the ecu now the SIA has ben mapped out - even though I've already bought them.

It's just a confidence thing, I never back me.