Fabia vRS fitting replacement aftermarket head unit

Hi all,

Enough is enough the standard head unit doesn't suffice although it does have some good features (like the volume increase according to cabin noise:D)

This leads me on to some hopefully simple questions:

• How much is the legit tool to extract the existing headunit?
  • Do I need one of those Autoleads connectors to fit into my new head unit or do Skoda do a reasonably priced version?
  • Any extra bits required and roughly how much are they?

Comments appreciated

Hi all' date='

Enough is enough the standard head unit doesn't suffice although it does have some good features (like the volume increase according to cabin noise:D)

This leads me on to some hopefully simple questions:

[list']

[*]How much is the legit tool to extract the existing headunit?

[*]Do I need one of those Autoleads connectors to fit into my new head unit or do Skoda do a reasonably priced version?

[*]Any extra bits required and roughly how much are they?

Comments appreciated

1. A few quid from the dealer, or I have read that you can make one yourself quite easily.

2. Yes you need a wiring harness adaptor, ideally. However, DON'T buy the Autoleads fascia adaptor panel - the Skoda version is cheaper and looks better, it's about 3.50 from the dealer.

3. Not sure, I think that's it for a HU, unless you want to start adding anything else.

Check fabia-vrs.com for part numbers or search this site.

Yep skoda par is the one you need.

You don't need the autoleads type lead but you will need to swap a couple of wires over.

You will also need an aerial booster.

Did anyone check out my previous weblink about the aerial amplifier I found.... is it the correct on for the job?

Yep booster looks good to me, pretty much indentical to the one I've got... :thumbup:

You can tell I live near Liverpool!... dealer doesn't supply headunit removal tool, I need to take it in so they can pop it out for me:rolleyes:

As for the other parts, bit more expensive than I thought:O

Facia Adapter :

Everyone always asking about keys....

CPC Part Number CP02815 <- 2.53 inc VAT

Those are the ones for the Fabia Symphony CD Player.

Actually thay aren't but I suspect they will work.

The genuine ones have a small slot in them which hooks into the radio to assist with pulling it out.

as this seems to be a recurring question is it possible to make a sticky at the top of the forum, with a comprehensive guide of whats needed to replace a fabia stereo?

btw ffvrs loving the stormtrooper :)