Memory seats

I have memory seats, not massage ones, but ones with 3 profiles.,
2 questions:
1. is it bug or feature, i have to hold not just push my memory button so that seat gets to my position??? 

2. profiles, we have created 2, one is me as owner, main OG, other is my woman, seems that we can save some home screen layouts there, however phones not being remembered, which is hers, which is mine, so if she selects her profile my android auto still working. Seat positions are not connected to these profiles?

In terms of comfort, cant say i am in love there, maybe needs some fine tuning, Volvos seats were amazing, but these keeps me better in place in turns :D so maybe that is tradeoff here

1. Same here; I have to hold the button to move the seat to the memory position - or use key association....

2. As I understand it - Need to unlock the car with one of the keys, make the changes/settings, then lock it with the SAME key to associate with that key. Do for both keys.

Considered a Volvo because of the seats - last one I drove was my Dads’ some 40 years ago. Seats were great back then!

Edited by sneal

24 minutes ago, sneal said:

1. Same here; I have to hold the button to move the seat to the memory position - or use key association....

2. As I understand it - Need to unlock the car with one of the keys, make the changes/settings, then lock it with the SAME key to associate with that key. Do for both keys.

Considered a Volvo because of the seats - last one I drove was my Dads’ some 40 years ago. Seats were great back then!

i will check tomorrow, 

thanks

10 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Same here. Need to hold the button for the seat to go the final position. Luckily I'm the only one driving the car. 

unless ignition off and door open you can press and it will move by one press not a long press

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Matmacka said:

unless ignition off and door open you can press and it will move by one press not a long press

THANK you, that works!
I will test how Keys will save settings this week, since we will be driving around separately, using our own key.

BTW, I remember I have read somewhere that seat goes back to get in and out easier and then goes back to position? is this correct? 

19 minutes ago, sneal said:

Is that only for those seats with a Massage function? Don’t recall seeing it as an option in mine - must go and check!

I'm not sure. It says "depending on the equipment". So it could be it's not available on all el. seats.

54 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I'm not sure. It says "depending on the equipment". So it could be it's not available on all el. seats.

I will check later today.

so i did not found that setting.

but i can report that keys do save seat position, in the morning my girlfriend used the car, with her keys, evening i took it out for a drive unlocked seat got to my position, 

• Like 2

On 12/04/2021 at 07:50, janis said:

THANK you, that works!
I will test how Keys will save settings this week, since we will be driving around separately, using our own key.

BTW, I remember I have read somewhere that seat goes back to get in and out easier and then goes back to position? is this correct? 

no worries, and as far as im aware it does not unless you have a certain optional extra, the reason it would of worked before is because the seat was going back to original saved profile on guess account

Just now, TheUltraRunner said:

I have it. ;)

I think it comes only with the full option Ergo seats. Which seats do you have?

middle option, no alcantara :crying:
3 memory options no massage,

24 minutes ago, janis said:

middle option, no alcantara :crying:
3 memory options no massage,

Mhm. This could be the reason. Here in Slovenia we had only two options for the RS model. Standard seats or the full option (Ergo) seats with alcantara, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

it deffo should do, seems maybe yet another issue? So glad ive moved away from the octavia now

Thanks. Mine is at the dealers at the mo - and I added this to the list of niggles & issues.

1 hour ago, janis said:

mine works great remembering driver keys, i dont have to mess with seat buttons anymore, positions are saved on key.

Do you have both keys with the same user login or two users with a key each?

I want to finish getting this set up when I get my car back.

Most of posters here described exactly as it is in O3, as O4 is more-less exactly the same car mechanically. I will try to put into one message all information, so OP isn't confused:

1) Different keys, different seat and mirror position, but it must be set in head unit (it's off by default)

2) While in car you need to hold the button, as a safety measure, because it allows seat memory recall during driving - please imagine your seat goes all the way front or back, while on a highway, if you press 3 instead of 1 for example, or kids played before. You could easily crash.

3) When you unlock the car and open the door, pressing the button shortly will do the memory recall position all the way, without holding. So, two drivers, one key, each one calls back memory position which he put. This use-case isn't a safety issue, because the car is standing still.

• Like 3