Paint code?

tomandsophie

I need to get rid of some rust on my Roomster :sadsmile:

I have found the paint code, 9154, but I have found that the colour is called Satin Grey and the car looks blue to me!

Is there any way the paint code can be wrong, or should I just go ahead and order the paint?

IMG_20210411_193930318.jpg

IMG_20210411_113830199.jpg

Looks fine to me. Rover used to have a couple of colours years ago they listed as blue, that looked a lot more like green. I’d maybe think about treating the corrosion with something like aqua steel before touching it in. 

I think I'm going to attack it all with an angle grinder with a wire brush attachment on the front and behind the panel to remove all rust, then fill and paint. It has bubbled up so I'm guessing the rust will go right through...

• 2 years later...

I have a 2009 pre-facelift Octavia MkII and it looks the same colour as your Roomster. Yet on the V5 document the colour is described as Grey.

I'm fairly sure that the code will be the same as yours - 9154 - but I need to find out for sure as the car needs a new bonnet and front bumper.

So I've emailed my local Skoda dealer to see if they can help (I have no sticker in the boot displaying the paint info).  I'm awaiting their reply.

I received a prompt reply from my local dealer, Listers Coventry.

The paint code for my car is F5X Prince Blue Metallic. The code F5X appears to correspond to 9154 as I expected. But wherever I look online the code 9154 is referred to as Satingrau or Satin Gray or Satin Grey. So grey basically. And my V5 says Grey also. Yet the car is a shade of blue.

Which begs the question: how can the colour be described as both blue and grey?