Rev counter

gigolo456

Hi Folks, hope we're all enjoying the fine weather!? Probably something and nothing but today my 3 month old Karoq SE L had a mind of its own with revving!

When I've stopped, brake kicks in, so stationary, or when I've engaged P, the car just started revving all by itself! Happened quite a few times today, so a tad worried..

Is this perhaps just one of the Karoq's little quirks?? 😳

Many thanks 

Andrew 

25 minutes ago, FireBIade said:

Doesn't sound right, do you know what rpm it got to?

Each time, it only got to around 2.5k, but happened about 10 times in about 45 minutes, so each time the brake was on at a junction, or traffic lights etc, and then when I parked up on my drive at home..

Ps. I have digital cockpit, but I could feel/hear the car physically revving each time..

I’m guessing it is a manual?

sounds like an issue with the ECU.

That engine has all manner of idle control programming.

Our current car an 18 plate Octavia (manual) used to rev up to about 2k as you lifted the clutch when in reverse.

An ‘anti stall’ measure said Skoda.

It was fixed by an update to the ECU.

As others have suggested take it back to the dealers.

Try to get phone video footage (you will need your passenger to do this)! Otherwise you may get the ‘we can’t replicate’ response from the service dept. 

• Like 1