Is any Octavia MK4 without fault?

Gax

11 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

I have heard a there is a few makes out there having same problems.long waiting lists for new cars.that is the reason am willing to wait until I get my new car on november(fingers crossed)also hoping all the software problems are sorted by then.

yeah, Skoda checked and there are 4 SE L hatch cars in the country available. 

semi-conductors are hard to come by, and many brand new builds are sat waiting to be completed

3 hours ago, Wabey said:

yeah, Skoda checked and there are 4 SE L hatch cars in the country available. 

semi-conductors are hard to come by, and many brand new builds are sat waiting to be completed

Thank you for the info,I don't know how reliable this info is.been told that skoda expects things to get better in the final quarter of the year.so fingers crossed for a lot of us.

On 06/08/2021 at 14:46, fox2319 said:

I'd send them a letter saying that you intend to reject and I would do it today. Hand them the letter in by hand and email a PDF to them and to your finance company (if you used one). It's vitally important that this is not only done in writing but traceable to a precise date and time.

It's soon enough after purchase that you should still be entitled to a full refund but only if you act very quickly. Even if they manage to fix all of your issues (and that is a really big if), your car will forever be known as one of "those" cars from the early days which were prone to various problems and it will have an impact on the resale value of your car down the line. When I rejected mine, that consideration played a fairly major part. 

Note that if you're within the first 30 days, you don't need to allow them a chance to repair and you're entitled to a full refund. After 30 days, they get one chance to fix it and the value of your refund might go down.

For more info (Note that I didn't use these guys but this was the first result on google)

https://www.nelsonslaw.co.uk/can-i-reject-a-car/

While I am very tempted, my worry would be not knowing what car to replace it with, there really is little choice when it comes to a well priced and reliable PHEV

What gets me,you read about people having NO problems and some with a lot of problems on there software.how can this happen?everything fitted will be identical in all cars so how can these problem arise for some peopl and not to others.

56 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

What gets me,you read about people having NO problems and some with a lot of problems on there software.how can this happen?everything fitted will be identical in all cars so how can these problem arise for some peopl and not to others.

There have been a few revisions of the head unit (and probably other embedded component too) in the first 9 - 12 months of production, later revisions seem to have fewer problems but that is a bit too simplistic.

Also, the majority of problems seem to be in the SE L and VRS models with the extra ‘toys’ such as ACC etc. Again, a bit simplistic but hanging around this forum for the last 5 months since I got my SE L FE I’d say that was the general trend.

The loan 1.0 e-Tec SE FE I have is fault free, and has given me a great opportunity for me to discover the pluses and minuses of a DSG ‘box.

3 minutes ago, sneal said:

There have been a few revisions of the head unit (and probably other embedded component too) in the first 9 - 12 months of production, later revisions seem to have fewer problems but that is a bit too simplistic.

Also, the majority of problems seem to be in the SE L and VRS models with the extra ‘toys’ such as ACC etc. Again, a bit simplistic but hanging around this forum for the last 5 months since I got my SE L FE I’d say that was the general trend.

The loan 1.0 e-Tec SE FE I have is fault free, and has given me a great opportunity for me to discover the pluses and minuses of a DSG ‘box.

Great am waiting delivery of my vrs you have just spoilt my weekend.just have to hope by the time I gett it the software problem may have been sorted. last news off skoda was 5 November with pdi.

7 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

Great am waiting delivery of my vrs you have just spoilt my weekend.just have to hope by the time I gett it the software problem may have been sorted. last news off skoda was 5 November with pdi.

Sorry for spoiling your weekend; but in a perverse sort of way the microprocessor/Covid shortages are working in your favour allowing more time for the s/ware to be sorted. Must be costing VAG a fortune as the Golf 8 is similarly afflicted.

1 minute ago, sneal said:

Sorry for spoiling your weekend; but in a perverse sort of way the microprocessor/Covid shortages are working in your favour allowing more time for the s/ware to be sorted. Must be costing VAG a fortune as the Golf 8 is similarly afflicted.

I just hope what you say is right.i was thinking on the same  lines and what I read slowly but surly things are getting better(at a snails pace)I hope not only for me but everyone else out there who have problems.i was supposed to the car next month but skoda put back until November  as you it may be a blessing.

Mines booked in for Tuesday next week, I fully expect to be told they couldn't replicate any of the issues and I'll get it back with nothing fixed.

One of my main issues is the wireless android auto, I was told it was capable, the manual says its capable but clearly the issue with the 5ghz WiFi in the earlier hardware revisions is stopping it. Does anyone know where I stand with this? It's a feature I really wanted and it's a feature that was advertised. I do get that the T&Cs allow them to remove certain features with software revisions but this really isn't the same thing. 

My car has now also decided that it likes to firmly (not emergency stop firm) apply the brakes at random times and will happily bring the car to a complete stop if i don't keep putting pressure on the accelerator. It happened twice yesterday in the space of about 10 minutes, the first time i had nothing behind me so i just let it do it's thing and it really did bring me to a complete stop in the middle of a 60mph stretch of road, no ACC on and no limiter on. The second time was on a 60mph road heading towards a slip road, i eased off for the bend but the car hit the brakes, the blue bar in the charge section was at max and just like earlier, i'm positive it would have stopped the car completely had i let it. 

As i said previously, I've got the car booked in next week but i just don't see how they'll fix any of this, i'm definitely not willing to be at the dealership every week or 2 so i have made it clear that they have 1 opportunity to fix it all, including the wireless android auto. 

Well mine had two software updates last month and hey ho they didn't solve anything .To be fair to the dealership they said it wouldn't help me .My last standard monthly email from Skoda exec said that a software solution was under test ,not holding my breath.

When the car brakes automatically for no reason do the brake lights come on ?

48 minutes ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

Well mine had two software updates last month and hey ho they didn't solve anything .To be fair to the dealership they said it wouldn't help me .My last standard monthly email from Skoda exec said that a software solution was under test ,not holding my breath.

When the car brakes automatically for no reason do the brake lights come on ?

No idea but I would certainly hope so, it's quite obvious the car is applying the brakes, you can clearly feel it and the charge bar is full. 

Small update on mine.

Dropped off at the dealer yesterday and as expected, they've not been able to replicate any of the issues and the car isn't reporting any errors. I was advised that my car coming to a complete stop at random times is because it's in regenerative break mode, no mode exists on mine, i don't believe it does on any Octavia so i had to explain to the service guys about the available modes via the infotainment and via the gear shifter, pretty poor that i have to explain it to the so called "service team" . With regards to wireless android auto, they're waiting to hear back from the technical team at Skoda so we'll see how that goes. 

Bottom line is, they're either extremely incompetent or they're just being very careful about what they admit too so they don't have to accept a rejection.  

My dealership denies there is even any problems with the Octavia so I asked them why there wasn't any in the showroom? Answer was inconclusive,even though Skoda UK admitted there were some issues. it's about time all these issues were sorted and it's the last Skoda I will own ...I'm going back to Ford's .

4 hours ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

...I'm going back to Ford's .

‘tis a funny old world. I had a Ford once and the dealer was that bad I haven’t so much as  considered one since…

Sadly history may be repeating itself with Škoda; though to be fair, it’s not the dealer this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Jumped in the first edition yesterday and it started beep,beep beep continuously. Turned the engine off ,got out the car and locked and but still the beeping continued.Checked out the xar status ,no issues or reports .After 10 mins I decided to just lock it and leave it at home and borrow the wife's car.Had one final try and opened the cat and the beeping stopped, anybody have any ideas what caused this problem or is another one to add to the list at the dealership. BYW all other seats were empty .

This happened to me once with my car when I was picking my son up from uni. It lasted through several locks / unlocks, driving round the corner and repeat. It decided to clear itself after 10-15 mins but there was no indication of what the problem was. 

There are those that might not know about Kushaq's in India.

https://www.carblogindia.com/skoda-kushaq-epc-issue-zac-hollis  I see mention of a 1 litre, not a 1.5 having issues.

This one does have 1.5TSI.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/new-skoda-kushaq-2021-observations-after-1-day-driving

There is at least one Briskoda member with one. 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/496861-parts-interchangability-between-kushaq-india-and-kamiq

From the middle link.

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 08.39.33.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

On 17/08/2021 at 18:07, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

I'm going back to Ford's .

Sorry to hear that there are till ongoing issues with the Mk4 for many of you.  I went back to Ford - a Focus Active X Estate.   Since the end of June, with now 3000 miles done on it it's been a pleasure to drive and own!  Granted it's not as nice inside and I have a slightly creaky pano roof, but touch wood, everything works and many of the annoying habits of the Mk4 aren't there (in particular turning of the lane assist and it stays off and ACC works incredibly well plus the option of having standard CC and intelligent CC).

Good luck everyone in getting it resolved!

Mines the 1l,. Has plenty of issues including randomly slamming on the brakes for imaginary crashes, dragging me off the road following random lines, infotainment system is entirely useless. So many bugs in it and randomly fails to fire up.

It's also developed a nasty whiny sound. Like the gearbox is about to fail. Finally snapped tonight and I'm going to the dealers with a face on tomorrow and playing hell.