Infotainment on/off

DRW

Probably a silly question but still getting to grips with the Infotainment on my new Kamiq.   Is it necessary to turn the system off each time or does it go off automatically when the ignition is off and engine stopped?  it looks off but is something using up power in the background?  I ask because having spent some time exploring the various options the next morning there was 'nearly flat battery' warning on the Info screen.

Thanks for replying and good  to know.  I must have been exploring the Infotainment for too long, getting to grips with it, and flattened the inbuilt battery!

On Infotainment topic, I have made a mistake when I have added a phone number as a favourite, I manage to deleted it but the favourite square still sits there empty between other allocated favourites. Do you know how to remove the empty favourites, so I don’t have empty spots?

I'm still getting used to the Info system, but I would imagine that you can't delete an empty favourites space.  What I would do is take my favourite on the far right of the list, put that in the gap and then delete the original favourite from the end of the list.  Wouldn't help, though, if you wanted them in alphabetical order.   I have the Amundsen so not sure how alike the other ones are.

On our two Skoda's the infotainment doesn't go off until the drivers door is opened after the ignition is turned off?

If you don't open the door, it shuts down after 30 mins once ignition is off, just like the interior lights will turn off if left on etc. You can continue to talk on the connected cellphone too so definitely doesn't turn off with the ignition. The electric windows also work for about 10 mins too.

My last 2 VWs' and another Skoda all did this too.

Edited by snala

When I bought a Fabia some years ago the salesman gave a brief run-through of the features of the car when we collected it, but I bought my new Kamiq just before the latest lockdown so, because of  Covid concerns (understandably) it was really a case of 'here are the keys, take the car'.    I didn't know, for instance, how to switch on the keyless ignition without starting the engine.  I didn't feel too bad, though, after asking a Skoda salesman and he didn't know either!     I know now thanks to a fellow Briskoda.  Enjoying the Kamiq and looking forward to using it more.

On 29/04/2021 at 11:57, DRW said:

When I bought a Fabia some years ago the salesman gave a brief run-through of the features of the car when we collected it, but I bought my new Kamiq just before the latest lockdown so, because of  Covid concerns (understandably) it was really a case of 'here are the keys, take the car'.    I didn't know, for instance, how to switch on the keyless ignition without starting the engine.  I didn't feel too bad, though, after asking a Skoda salesman and he didn't know either!     I know now thanks to a fellow Briskoda.  Enjoying the Kamiq and looking forward to using it more.

Its all in the owners manual. All cars you should press the  clutch pedal while starting the engine 

• 3 months later...

I have the opposite problem with my Enyaq:

If I leave the car the system turns off immediately but on some occasions I want the radio to stay on for the benefit of my passenger(s).

How can I do this ?

17 minutes ago, Heike said:

I have the opposite problem with my Enyaq:

If I leave the car the system turns off immediately but on some occasions I want the radio to stay on for the benefit of my passenger(s).

How can I do this ?

If your head unit has a power button press that and the radio will stay on for a preset amount  of time, or the car thinks the battery is low. When it cuts off if the passenger presses the button again it should come back on

Edited by Kenny R

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

If your head unit has a power button press that and the radio will stay on for a preset amount  of time, or the car thinks the battery is low. When it cuts off if the passenger presses the button again it should come back on

By "If your head unit has a power button" I presume you mean the Starter button ?

I will try that. However, it seems that there is some sort of link to the driver seat. When I leave the car

it switches off, but when I sit in the driver seat it switches on - this is irrespective of where the ignition key

is inside the car.

• 2 weeks later...

All accessories turn off, but at different delays . My MMI turns off as I open the drivers door and the dash changes and goes out about 30 secs later.

You should lock the car even in a garages as otherwise it sits there thinking  ïs he going to stat me up so Im ready and waiting and primed to go".

Whereas lock it and it says   "Oh good I can have asleep for a while" and shuts everything down.

To turn ign    "ON"   as in ACC you only press the button and to light her up you need to hold brake down to do so.

So in brief   YES it turns itself off and you dont ever need to manually press the off button.