Octavia vRS 4x4 Estate

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted on here (many years in fact!) as I sold my vRS to another member here and have owned a Volvo XC60 since.

However, I may be coming back to Skoda as I really love the new vRS estate.

I've enquired with a local dealer about quoting me for a 4x4 version and have been told that they aren't available to order until 27th October 2021 with delivery in Q1 2022!

The Skoda UK website doesn't say anything about this, and nor do any of the online brokers that I've also specced the car up with?

I've assumed the dealer knows what they're talking about, but I find it surprising that it isn't mentioned anywhere, so thought I'd ask here......lol

Hope everyone is well and if Tim still has my old vRS - how's it doing? :)

Cheers,

H

Hey @Herschel, good choice there! Likely that the dealer is correct, as there is a supply issue with the chips required; meaning loooongg wait times. Fire in factory in Japan and bad weather in Texas at the beginning of the year. If you Google "chip shortage" you will find articles indicating all the major car manufacturers, computer manufacturers etc all reporting supply issues:blink:

I know of some guys that ordered the 4x4 and just cancelled it after waiting several months, as lack of communication from Skoda UK or their dealers. If you do want a car sooner than next year, you may get lucky with a cancelled order ... or maybe if you tried ordering the FWD version? 

Hi @Aarond

Thanks for the information - as you can probably tell, it's been several years since I ordered a new car, so had no idea there was this chip issue!

That explains it then.

All good, I can wait - I'm not desperate for the car, it's more of want one now I've seen it.  :D

I want the 4x4, cos with all-seasons on it becomes a go anywhere vehicle, like my XC60 currently is.

Thanks again.

H

I ordered an car that was already built at the start of March but only collected the car last Wednesday due to delays in shipping!!

When I collected the car they told me it was a 'rare' car. I was a little confused so they explained if I ordered the same car that day I

would be looking at delivery Feb/March 2022 due to shortages as above.

I would have liked a 4X4 but wanted a petrol so it wasn't an option.

vRS1.jpg

vRS.jpg

Edited by GreenlineIIEstate
photo add

• 5 months later...
On 07/05/2021 at 16:45, Herschel said:

Hope everyone is well and if Tim still has my old vRS - how's it doing? :)

Only took me 5 months to spot that 😂

Snowy is doing admirably well I'd say, very minor niggles over what is now 6 years+ ownership - new record for me. Having said that, I've only managed 28k in those 6 years which is a bit pathetic! 

Will be off in the near future - can't decide between a Golf R estate or Superb 280, but private plate has just come off so I mean business 👍

Hope the Volvo treated you well. 

I ordered my 4x 4 Octavia vrs estate in may.ay no time did I get told there was a massive delay.i. Have said this a few times.ordered may told delivery 26 September then changed to 4 October ,then changed to 4 November then changed to 12 December and last update saying it could be 7 January but may get it sooner or later and that is off skoda ukso if they don't know what chance have any of us have,you would of thought they would know when people's cars were getting built but it is a complete mockery and a disgrace a company like skoda can treat there customers in this way.i would cancel but so far down the line now so just have to grin and bare it.

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

And you think that any other maker is better unless you're buying a spec that is already delivered!?

Yes I agree,the whole car makers are having the same problems.that is the reason I did not cancel ,if I did I went for another car I would of been at the back of there list so nothing gained.just hoping a e mail on a Friday will bring better news instead of getting pushed further back.

• Like 1