Skoda Roomster MAF sensor Location

Hi guys,

I got P0171 System Too Lean Bank 1 error and I want to check the MAF sensor. I couldn't find it near the air filter like it is in many car models.

Can anyone shed some light about its position?

Thanks!!

If your car has a CBZA or CBZB engine then the MAP (1.2 Tsi has two MAP Sensors) sensor is located on top of the air intake pipe. It is not like a MAF inside a cylindrical case, but just like a plug type thingy.  

Take a look at the instructions of how to install a BOV so to locate them. (http://www.tmg-performance.com/media/wysiwyg/TMG-1.2-TSI-BOV-Instructions-EN.pdf)

Then it is a good practice to check if your PCV valve is not broken as it can cause problems as well. Its code is 030103175B and is located on the right of the engine block and a bit under the air intake pipe. You can spot it if you follow the little pressure hose from your air filter box going to your engine. More info on the links below. 

Edited by stratosg
  • Like 1

I had to have the PCV valve replaced because, I believe, that mine was broken during a major service when the main dealer replaced the air filter.  The airbox lid was lifted to gain access to the filter which puts leverage on that pipe to the PCV valve. I would imagine many PCV valves are broken this way during a major service as that pipe has not the flexibility to allow for this movement. I am doing it myself now and have the opportunity to practice mechanical sympathy when servicing.