TPM Settings via Amundsen Infotainment

I'm new to Skoda Superb ownership and still getting to grips with the various systems and settings on my 2020 SE L Diesel DSG Estate.

I've adjusted the tyre pressures and thought I would double check the TPM to see what it was reading but all I can find is a screen asking me to confirm that the tyre pressures are correct.  Is this as much info' as you can get as I was expecting to be able to see the readings from each wheel?

Its common in the VW group, you dont actually have TPMS, its just reading the rotation speeds of all the wheels over ABS, and if it senses a disagreement it will let you know.. That indicates you "might" have an air leak!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlVal said:

If you had columbus (high) you could retrofit this £96.92  50%OFF | TMPS 2 TPMS Tire Pressure System FOR GOLF 7 MK7 MQB CARS Tiguan Passat B8 NEW Touran 5Q0907273B 5Q0 907 273 B

which is what i did - i retrofitted the Direct TPMS, so i can see actual pressure values in the centre cluster and infotainment.

IMAG5563.thumb.jpg.ec8f5f478f712ee024f26de4c03b0930.jpg

58372575_tpms04.thumb.jpg.8effaecad9acb368307f2d37928a452d.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 04:51, JR RS said:

which is what i did - i retrofitted the Direct TPMS, so i can see actual pressure values in the centre cluster and infotainment.

IMAG5563.thumb.jpg.ec8f5f478f712ee024f26de4c03b0930.jpg

58372575_tpms04.thumb.jpg.8effaecad9acb368307f2d37928a452d.jpg

oh, amazing, tell me more about how easy or hard the retrofit was, where does that sensor need to be wired to? what's the cabling run like? thanks!

4 hours ago, AlVal said:

oh, amazing, tell me more about how easy or hard the retrofit was, where does that sensor need to be wired to? what's the cabling run like? thanks!

its not too bad, given ur experience in pulling apart the Superb trim.  should b easy for u.

essentially the TPMS module is inside the rear bumper.  canbus connections r sourced from the BSM inside the rear bumper.  power is sourced from the fuse box up front.   

if the TPMS module doesn't come parameterized, i.e. its brand new, then u'll need ODIS or VCP to upload a parameter file.

then some vcds code changes n ur done.

obviously the tyre pressure sensors need to b installed inside each tyre, replacing the existing tyre valve stem.

full write-up of my retrofit here.

Edited by JR RS
  • Thanks 1