Drying aid and quick detailer

ckyliu

I want a drying aid I can apply to a wet car that provides dust repellancy/anti-static, some gloss enhancement and a bit of additional protection to last a couple of weeks, plan to use it on every wash so needs to be economical. Must be easy to work with and not prone to streaking, I’m lazy and cackhanded! My LSP is Collinite 845 (it’s somewhere between a wax and a sealant) so it needs to place nice with that.

Don’t want cupboards full of half or rarely used products so ideally it doubles up as a quick detailer for spot cleans, although this is a secondary use. I’ve read quite a bit and have a list of products, could anyone help narrow it down or suggest something better? Am I trying to find a unicorn?

Britemax Spray & Shine
Finish Kare FK425
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer(BSD) - apparently a bit grabby for drying use
TAC Shinee wax - not sure this can go on a wet car, seems more of a post dry spray wax to last months?
Garage Therapy Two Quick Detailer

BSD would be my choice, but do agree it can be grabby. Not the end of the world once you get the feel of the product. 

I have used Demon Shine..... mixed  bucket of water and Demon Shine, Chuck it over the car and job done, but prefer the finish that BSD gives. Awesome beading B)

7F767B65-90FD-4B98-BF23-53C9C73271EA.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for the recommendations guys, I ended up with Britemax Spray and Shine for now because I know it'll go okay on Collinite 845; the car is freshly machine polished and it has yet to rain so I can't say how well it performs yet. I may give BH Auto QD or CG After Wash a try next time, see how I get on with Britemax.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/06/2021 at 22:32, Wardy said:

Bilt Hamber Auto-QD comes to mind for what you're after;

https://www.bilthamber.com/auto-qd

You could also try running BSD at a 1:1 ratio. Auto-QD is recommended to dilute for drying duties. 

I'll second this choice of QD. I've not yet tried it, but it will be my next detailing purchase. It seems like a  completely sensible, ECONOMINCAL choice with a lot of versatility in how you can dilute it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GordoGT said:

I'll second this choice of QD. I've not yet tried it, but it will be my next detailing purchase. It seems like a  completely sensible, ECONOMINCAL choice with a lot of versatility in how you can dilute it.

I third the built chamber auto-qd.  Its good stuff and easy to use diluted but still gives a good finish.  In fact all ofnthier stuff is spot on really.

• Like 1

I’m a bit late to the party, sorry, but I’ve used Megs Last Touch for years.  I buy it by the US gallon via eBay, and dilute it approx 60:40 (less water).

• 10 months later...