SATNAV MAP UPDATE

i was hoping to get a map update for my 63 plate ! apparently my stereo takes a (disc not an sd card) and would cost me 182+vat ! please tell me there is a cheaper way to upgrade the maps on my satnov ?

cheers kev

Edited by Kevgem

I have a 2014 model like yours.

Download the maps tool programme. There are several sites where you can get the latest maps download. Use the sd card option to update.

according to skoda dealer my stereo take a disc i.e like a cd disc to update maps not an sd card?

cheers kev  

thanks for your input !

i just contacted a seller on the bay to see if the cd dvd that he was selling was compatible with my car and he said no! 

the version he was selling was RNS 510 & RNS 810 Europe V17 2020/2021?

COULD YOU TELL ME THE VERSION YOU USED ON YOUR CAR?

CHEERS KEV

Have bought from this guy on eBay in the past - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124562562405

Just bear in mind that the Columbus units can start to struggle to read the dual layer DVDs used for non-genuine map updates discs.  My own 63 plate had no problems with first 4 updates I did but then struggled with the V17 update.  Needed laser lens cleaning with cleaning disc to allow update to complete properly

thanks for the link in the poses of getting disc !

any one know if there is a way to get my satnav to avoid toll roads  ?

cheers kev

Find route options (e.g. on main map screen, press the button to left of time display that normally shows distance/time to destination to bring up a menu that includes link to Route Options) and that allows you to exclude certain features from your route, including toll roads.  When greyed out they are excluded from the route, see attached

IMG_20210526_135958576.jpg

• Like 1

You can download your map software from here for next time:

https://www.gpspower.net/volkswagen-seat-skoda/360982-rns-510-rns-810-skoda-columbus-cy-europa-west-v17-maps-2020-a.html,

then burn it onto a dual layer DVD and install

OR

google for maps tool and use the SD card method to install.

Edited by 26DIPP
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/05/2021 at 14:11, DrCorbyLee said:

Find route options (e.g. on main map screen, press the button to left of time display that normally shows distance/time to destination to bring up a menu that includes link to Route Options) and that allows you to exclude certain features from your route, including toll roads.  When greyed out they are excluded from the route, see attached

IMG_20210526_135958576.jpg

i have the very same stereo as this one above can anyone tell me if i can get the ring tone on my phone to come out of the stereo speakers it all works as it should apart from ringing when i get a call. the screen on the stereo comes up with i am receiving a call but dose not ring through the stereo just through the phone its self and its not that loud and have missed a couple of calls ?

cheers kev 

Edited by Kevgem

• 2 weeks later...

Just gone out to car to confirm my recollection and yes, incoming calls do ring over the car speakers.  I can't see any ring specific volume settings on my Columbus but try phoning your phone when connected to the car and when you see the incoming call, turn up the volume on the Columbus.  That trick works to adjust sat Nov announcement without having to delve into menus whilst driving, wait until it makes an announcement and then use the volume knob (or roller on steering wheel) as it temporarily acts on nav volume rather than radio or whatever you were listening to at time of announcement.

If that doesn't work maybe try another phone to confirm if the issue is with the car or phone.  I suspect the latter, maybe you can individually adjust ring tone volumes for phone and Bluetooth connections (my Motorola with vanilla install of Android doesn't, maybe others with custom Android installs or iOS do?).