MY21 1.5TSI Broke down today

Karoq2020

Well sadly after only six months we had to get roadside out today. 

Dashboard was a Christmas tree today and a total lack of power. Warning on the dash not to exceed 4000rpm and difficulty starting.

Roadside have said the issue is with the fuel pump or control unit. Limped it home and it’s going to be collected tomorrow. 

Typically for the first time since buying the car and first time after lockdown we had a holiday booked next week so feeling rather let down by the car today! Normally I’ll fly the flag loud and proud for it so let’s hope my dealer put some confidence back next week! 

Given then a list of other things to look at too whilst in - SOS fault, mooing brakes when I mentioned them the dealer didn’t seem surprised by any of them! 

E6888902-AF83-4887-A8B3-83E183856CD1.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Karoq2020 said:

2687miles 

I'm coming up to 10k and touch wood no problems. Can you let us know what is wrong when you find out please 

Edited by Tim1631

Skoda Assist can get you a suitable car delivered today.  If your own car is not ready for the holiday then it will have to be the Hire or Courtesy car you use.  Be sure it is a suitable vehicle and do not listen to anything about the Dealership not having a suitable car. VW group have hundreds of cars they own at dealerships or they hire ones.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Well my cars been collected by the road assist gent (Really great gent couldn’t be more helpful) this morning.

I’ve had a call from enterprise saying they can’t deliver the car to me as they are too busy but I can go down there at 2pm and collect a car but they can’t tell me what it’s going to be yet.

Watch this space… 

Edited by Karoq2020
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2021 at 22:47, Tim1631 said:

I'm coming up to 10k and touch wood no problems. Can you let us know what is wrong when you find out please 

Absolutely 

Whilst my car didn't have issues starting I had power issues other than the car would cut the engine because of stop start and then not restart.

My car had a faulty fuel rail sensor took a few hours to fix.

The EPC light basically says that you need to take your car in for service ASAP but leaves it moveable and the speedo with an arrow shows the engine is limited. Virtually couldn't drive mine because there was no power and it held onto gears for so long.

• Like 1

So latest update. Car has been with the dealer since Saturday. 

Not had a single outbound message from them to myself since the car was recovered 4 days ago so I decided to chase this PM as 36 hours off going on holiday…

They have no idea what is wrong with it and no ETA on completion. Long and short is the brand new car we brought with less than 3K on it we will not be taking on our first holiday since lockdown. 

No apology what-so-ever for the predicament they have put us in let alone all the roof bars and box we have purchased for the car.

The replacement Audi Q5 stinks of smoke and has nearly 10k on it as nice and flash as the Q5 is we brought a NEW car for a reason. 

Had the dealer bothered to make outbound calls/email/SMS to me I wouldn’t have been so angry but they have really really let me down with the lack of customer service. Car is a car and it will break and it has warranty for a reason but without customer service and communication it’s nothing. 

Again… watch this space. 

Guess I’ll be removing the 5* google review they got when I purchased it…!!

1 hour ago, Karoq2020 said:

So latest update. Car has been with the dealer since Saturday. 

Not had a single outbound message from them to myself since the car was recovered 4 days ago so I decided to chase this PM as 36 hours off going on holiday…

They have no idea what is wrong with it and no ETA on completion. Long and short is the brand new car we brought with less than 3K on it we will not be taking on our first holiday since lockdown. 

No apology what-so-ever for the predicament they have put us in let alone all the roof bars and box we have purchased for the car.

The replacement Audi Q5 stinks of smoke and has nearly 10k on it as nice and flash as the Q5 is we brought a NEW car for a reason. 

Had the dealer bothered to make outbound calls/email/SMS to me I wouldn’t have been so angry but they have really really let me down with the lack of customer service. Car is a car and it will break and it has warranty for a reason but without customer service and communication it’s nothing. 

Again… watch this space. 

Guess I’ll be removing the 5* google review they got when I purchased it…!!

I self diagnosed the issue with an OBDeleven device to find that I had a fuel rail issue. Ive also now got an issue with the fuel pump water sensor. I did tell the dealership that issue I had detected.

Obviously too late for that now but I don’t understand how they haven’t discovered the issue yet seeing as the engine detected an issue and activated EPC. 

7 minutes ago, Shhoda said:

I self diagnosed the issue with an OBDeleven device to find that I had a fuel rail issue. Ive also now got an issue with the fuel pump water sensor. I did tell the dealership that issue I had detected.

Obviously too late for that now but I don’t understand how they haven’t discovered the issue yet seeing as the engine detected an issue and activated EPC. 

Apparently they have needed to go to technical??

I find the whole thing odd. Especially considering according to my app the car has been locked and parked all day. 

As I said appreciate the car having issues (a little - obviously mildly aggrieved at this age / mileage!!) but what’s riled me up is the total lack of customer service. At least if your too scared to call a customer to give them bad news…  hide behind an SMS or an email at least. But no contact. Beyond appalling and has upset us the most. 

I will not name and shame dealers as yet but depending on the outcome of this it may be worth spreading the word.

17 minutes ago, Karoq2020 said:

Apparently they have needed to go to technical??

I find the whole thing odd. Especially considering according to my app the car has been locked and parked all day. 

As I said appreciate the car having issues (a little - obviously mildly aggrieved at this age / mileage!!) but what’s riled me up is the total lack of customer service. At least if your too scared to call a customer to give them bad news…  hide behind an SMS or an email at least. But no contact. Beyond appalling and has upset us the most. 

I will not name and shame dealers as yet but depending on the outcome of this it may be worth spreading the word.

Yeh they should have informed you of progress. My experience with dealerships is after the first day of my car being there they contact me if they haven’t made a diagnosis or what they plan on doing.

Not sure what they mean by it needed to go to “technical”, surely it should’ve been with technicians when it was handed over as they have the necessary knowledge and tools to diagnose and repair.

In regards to the app I have noticed some people have claimed that the app is inaccurate at times and can report incorrect information about whether the doors are locked.

I would ask them how long do they think this will take.

At least you’re not putting mileage and wear on your car I suppose 🤷🏼

Also did they send you a health report of your vehicle? I’m not sure which dealership you’re with but previous experience with Toyota and Skoda is RRG, Lookers and DM Keith send a health report when they first assess the car this usually comes with a video that’s sent to you.

1 hour ago, Shhoda said:

Also did they send you a health report of your vehicle? I’m not sure which dealership you’re with but previous experience with Toyota and Skoda is RRG, Lookers and DM Keith send a health report when they first assess the car this usually comes with a video that’s sent to you.

Nothing, no Health report and no video sent to me as yet. If I hadn’t of contacted them chasing an update today I would of had no contact with anyone except the gent from roadside who came out Friday and Saturday! 

1 hour ago, Shhoda said:

Yeh they should have informed you of progress. My experience with dealerships is after the first day of my car being there they contact me if they haven’t made a diagnosis or what they plan on doing.

Not sure what they mean by it needed to go to “technical”, surely it should’ve been with technicians when it was handed over as they have the necessary knowledge and tools to diagnose and repair.

In regards to the app I have noticed some people have claimed that the app is inaccurate at times and can report incorrect information about whether the doors are locked.

I would ask them how long do they think this will take.

At least you’re not putting mileage and wear on your car I suppose 🤷🏼

By technical I guess it means they don’t have the expertise so they are going back to Skoda for help? 

Since the last updates on the app I have found it spot on even shows when a window slightly open! 

Not putting mileage true but going to spend the entire holiday panicking about any mark on the hire car costing my excess! 

Yes very infuriating they should have been more transparent and proactive.

I’m unsure why they didn’t send any sort of report of your car but I suppose it could vary from franchise to franchise.

I would imagine they should have the capabilities to diagnose the vehicle I’m just not quite sure why they can’t but I suppose there’ll never be a straight answer to that question.

Shame my car isn’t compatible with the mySkoda app, would’ve really liked to be able to use those features.

Strongly dislike hire cars, last time we had one they tried to charge us £300 for two basically invisible and I mean you had to look from the side on with the correct lighting to see these minute dents.

So finally been told today it’s the high pressure fuel pump that’s to fault. 

off on holiday tomorrow so guess we’ll see our car when we come back! 

Well I’m glad they finally came to that conclusion…even if it was ridiculously slow and poorly informed.

Have a lovely holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

So back from Holiday today….Collected car…….

Broke down on the way home sounds to me like a turbo pipe blown of as sounds like a vacuum when you accelerate with air rushing… So back to the dealers the car went this PM and have been given a 2019 bright blue 10000 mile entry spec Octavia in replacement to our 3000 mile brand new Karoq… Its like they are TRYING to %#*^ me off on purpose!! Sorry to any bright blue entry Spec Octy owners. Not meant as offensive but had I wanted one I would have brought one! 

In other news the rear brake mooing noise has been fixed I am told, although only had car back 30 mins so wasn’t able to test! (PHOTOS ATTACHED - shiny new metal cover on these new pads?) And still no timescale on the ‘SOS’ fix due.

Was so nice to have her back for 30mins, comfy and new car smell for a little bit again!! 

Oh well… assuming the servicing side of the dealer bothers to contact me again next week with an update or further lies we’ll see what happens…

153A3617-565C-4542-81A2-748818CB70DE.jpeg

3794B29E-E741-43C9-A3BD-8F189D63D531.jpeg

Pfft....i think I would start making noises along the lines of the vehicle does not seem to be fit for purpose and now considering your options under the Consumer rights act 2015... this may help...  Which article