A.B.S

Have new Skoda 1.0 etec which is great but it has the same problem as the last four skodas I have had -- ABS/sudden breaking warning light coming on when my foot is nowhere near the brake. I cannot surely be

the only person that has had this consistent Skoda quirk ?.  Had a Rapid, Yeti, Karoq and two Octavias all with this oddball thing

I’ve been driving a 1.0 e-tec estate for about six weeks now, now issues at all. 
In fact very pleased with the ABS etc. when nearly driven off the road by some numpty in a big 4x4 coming the other way…

Could it be that your issues are with the front assist (collision avoidance) or something like that?

10 hours ago, ARTURO-B said:

ABS/sudden breaking warning light coming on when my foot is nowhere near the brake.

9 hours ago, sneal said:

Could it be that your issues are with the front assist (collision avoidance) or something like that?

Certainly sounds like the Front Assist warning to me - not an ABS issue.

4 of these cars have been lease -- whatever it is, it has been consistent across all of them - foot no where near the brake and yet the red warning light & signal comes up -- the current car has just 1500 miles on the clock 

When it does it are you close to a slowing car in front or has there been a parked car you are approaching or something coming the other way close to the central white line.  If so it's the autonomous braking system kicking in and normal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skomaz said:

When it does it are you close to a slowing car in front or has there been a parked car you are approaching or something coming the other way close to the central white line.  If so it's the autonomous braking system kicking in and normal.

... or the car in front slow turning off to the left - this has happened to me several times and is the Front Assist working correctly (if slightly 'crying wolf'), all you need to do it just tap the brake pedal and the warning will go away.

It's the safety system on the car warning you of the need to take some action to prevent a crash, it's not a fault it's correct normal operation.

This comes up briefly as a loud bleep and a red light on the dash - - goes off after about 10 secs.   Feel sure that it has happened few times when I am not particularly near another vehicle.

Yes I have had cars that will brake violently to stop you hitting anything (ie if you get close to a wall or even a bush) 

What sensitivity level are you using for front assist (it is in the car, settings in infotainment)

Basically the car is warning you to brake or turn because if you don’t you will soon hit something ahead.   As long as you are watching for hazards ahead and reacting promptly you are unlikely to set off warning.

If you have been regularly setting it off in multiple vehicles then (wishing I could phrase this delicately), you need to get eyesight tested, or do an advanced driving course because the cars are seeing hazards that you are not picking up promptly.

3 hours ago, Fredspurgin said:

This comes up briefly as a loud bleep and a red light on the dash - - goes off after about 10 secs.   Feel sure that it has happened few times when I am not particularly near another vehicle.

Yes I have had cars that will brake violently to stop you hitting anything (ie if you get close to a wall or even a bush) 

What does the red light look like?

Will have to study it more carefully next time it appears.   None of my cars are or have been high mileage so I guess peoples explanation 

about the ABS must be the reason - certainly not the little car symbol you get when too close to another vehicle - 

15 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Did Yeti’s come with Front Assist

OP says he has a Karoq in his profile, but is posting in the Octavia 4 forum?

Edited by PetrolDave