How to sloved it 

I Have nav but maps not for my country 

i cant find maps for my country 

palestine 

did the problem is from maps 

or other things 

thanks all 

IMG_20210612_115615.jpg

Yes, it`s maps. Although the camera makes most of he time road sign readings, the base for sign recognition lies in maps. I get the same warning on new road sections, which are not on the map yet.

Same for me in AU, maps not homologated for this feature here so when I enabled TSR on my car I get this warning 2 mins after starting the car.

In practice it does not affect the operation, other than:

- The message is logged in the module

- Signs are not necessarily recognised in their true intent (e.g. we have some 'school zones' that operate part time but the TSR just reads the sign but not the time periods and assumes the lower limit is always in operation)

20 hours ago, wokwon said:

Same for me in AU, maps not homologated for this feature here so when I enabled TSR on my car I get this warning 2 mins after starting the car.

- Signs are not necessarily recognised in their true intent (e.g. we have some 'school zones' that operate part time but the TSR just reads the sign but not the time periods and assumes the lower limit is always in operation)

Yep same here in NZ in that the Fusion option in the settings only takes the camera input and forgets about the sat nav stored data if camera is enabled.

I prefer it this way as enables the virtual cockpit speed sign display, and picks up road works and is correct vs where the sav maps have not been updated.

The warning only shows up once as you said, and can be quickly cleared by a steering wheel push in the same way the headlights and personality settings warnings are.

On 15/06/2021 at 16:39, wokwon said:

I have an MY21 model in AU, and was a bit disappointed not to have TSR... 

Did you enable it with vcds or similar, in which case I should assume that it can't be done on mine, because it's MY21 (as per other thread)? 

19 hours ago, snala said:

Yep same here in NZ in that the Fusion option in the settings only takes the camera input and forgets about the sat nav stored data if camera is enabled.

I prefer it this way as enables the virtual cockpit speed sign display, and picks up road works and is correct vs where the sav maps have not been updated.

The warning only shows up once as you said, and can be quickly cleared by a steering wheel push in the same way the headlights and personality settings warnings are.

It actually causes an additional occasional problem with mine.  Some time (30 mins + ) after startup, but not every time, I get a 'bong' and something similar to "lane assist not available" or something, accompanied with the amber triangle-exclamation warning.

It seems to me that the system notices the error state of the camera for TSR (i.e. missing map data), and some time after that a watchdog resets the entire camera module.  The module then reboots and starts working again (within about 15 seconds).  2 mins after that I get the warning about TSR deprecated same as with an engine start.  I then have to go into driver assist in the virtual cockpit and toggle the lane assist on, off and on again.  If I don't toggle it twice, it defaults back to off at next start.

I turned the settings back to the original (without TSR, MDI uses maps for speed limit signs) and that extra problem went away.  It might be unique to my car, my previous Kodiaq had the same settings for TSR and didn't have this extra problem.

I'd appreciate if you can share your settings so I can compare as there are a few different sets of config for TSR floating about.

14 hours ago, Kimba said:

I have an MY21 model in AU, and was a bit disappointed not to have TSR... 

Did you enable it with vcds or similar, in which case I should assume that it can't be done on mine, because it's MY21 (as per other thread)? 

Yes VCDS for me (MY19), and your assumption might be correct.  Disappointing if that is the case.  Hopefully the very smart people at Ross Tech figure out a way around it soon.

On 17/06/2021 at 10:32, wokwon said:

It actually causes an additional occasional problem with mine.  Some time (30 mins + ) after startup, but not every time, I get a 'bong' and something similar to "lane assist not available" or something, accompanied with the amber triangle-exclamation warning.

It seems to me that the system notices the error state of the camera for TSR (i.e. missing map data), and some time after that a watchdog resets the entire camera module.  The module then reboots and starts working again (within about 15 seconds).  2 mins after that I get the warning about TSR deprecated same as with an engine start.  I then have to go into driver assist in the virtual cockpit and toggle the lane assist on, off and on again.  If I don't toggle it twice, it defaults back to off at next start.

I turned the settings back to the original (without TSR, MDI uses maps for speed limit signs) and that extra problem went away.  It might be unique to my car, my previous Kodiaq had the same settings for TSR and didn't have this extra problem.

I'd appreciate if you can share your settings so I can compare as there are a few different sets of config for TSR floating about.

This is what I did.

Go into Module 5F MultiMedia
Select Adaptations, then Car_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
Select traffic_sign_recognition_0x21, and set to Activated

Select Adaptions, Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled

Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6 – (was already ticked in long coding)

Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4 (‘Traffic Sign Recognition VZE’ ->Coded)

Go into Module 17 Dash Board
Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2 (‘Traffic Sign Recognition Installed’ -> Activated)

Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original was Road Sign Fusion
Enter Code 20103 to save the change

Reboot the infotainment unit

• Like 1