Remap/Performance

Hi All, we changed from a Mk2 170tdi, to a mk 3 150tdi 4x4. An Octavia 4x4 didn't lose power to a 4x2 in my opinion. I find the Superb 2.0 a bit sluggish and 8-10mpg down on the mk2 170. Time for a remap? I thought the drop to 150 would be compensated for a bit by the mk3 being a bit lighter. Does the Mk3 diesel adblue system strangle it? Thoughts re making this car a bit punchier? 

Can’t comment on that engine but my last mk2 was a 140bhp and coming from a 180bhp vRS it felt sluggish so I put a super chips bluefin remap on it via handset myself. Made a huge difference to the drivability and acceleration. Took it off when I sold it and did some gps logged runs with a Bluetooth dongle linked to an app on my phone and the 0-60 times went from 9.8 seconds to 8 seconds dead with the bluefin installed. Only a 30bhp increase but the extra 60Nm torque obviously made a huge difference.

other remap brands are available obviously….

Does the 150 not have a smaller turbo and different injectors to the 190?

Also thought I saw a comment about the 190 being withdrawn as a Manual because gearboxes were failing, presumably from the extra torque and power over the 150?

My (2017) 150 is also not adblue, was this introduced at a later date?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrRich said:

I thought chipping went out in the early 2000s??

Chipping / ECU remapping, call it what you want, basically same thing.

Huge business these days, more than happy with my Revo work

'Chipping' using an add-on 'box' may be making a bit of a come-back as it bypasses the newer ECU security and can generally be removed without trace.

• Like 1

I moved from a 1.9 95hp that had been mapped to roughly 135. The new car was a 140tdi so I was excited to be Inna more powerful car. It felt so dull in comparison even with more power. When I got it mapped it was then at about 185 and even then didn't feel as lively as the 1.9. I'd say what you are feeling is normal and a map will help.

17 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

I moved from a 1.9 95hp that had been mapped to roughly 135. The new car was a 140tdi so I was excited to be Inna more powerful car. It felt so dull in comparison even with more power. When I got it mapped it was then at about 185 and even then didn't feel as lively as the 1.9. I'd say what you are feeling is normal and a map will help.

Could be down to the transmission/drivetrain.

50 minutes ago, Roberto280 said:

Could be down to the transmission/drivetrain.

Yeah high possiblity. The newer car are definitely geared higher for economy.

On 18/06/2021 at 10:07, Roberto280 said:

Chipping / ECU remapping, call it what you want, basically same thing.

Huge business these days, more than happy with my Revo work

I'll be going from a 190 to a 150 next March.......I think I'll be making a trip down to Portlaoise. I have read over the years that the Revo maps where on the aggressive end of the scale.

I assume that you're very happy with yours ??

12 hours ago, k.young said:

I'll be going from a 190 to a 150 next March.......I think I'll be making a trip down to Portlaoise. I have read over the years that the Revo maps where on the aggressive end of the scale.

I assume that you're very happy with yours ??

I've a 280, now somewhere around 330, with the DSG mapped, very happy with it.

Only negative I'd have is in Sport still in Auto, that's very aggressive, but just can take control manually.

Need to play with the Individual settings :)

On 20/06/2021 at 15:53, Roberto280 said:

Revo do the remapping of the ECU and DSG.

I got both mine done during a sale event, so DSG was close to being free:

https://www.onlyrevo.com/

Will give you prices and the dealers/installers.

Did you go for the SPS unit for removing/installing the map yourself .....if you ever needed to ??

Looking at the Revo website......the seem to get good results from the 150tdi but as you say, not a lot of real world replies. I will definitely be getting my 2019 150tdi remapped when I get it next March.......comming from 3 years in a 190tdi I'll have to replace the lost power. I've been driving Diesels with between 180 - 190bhp and 400nm for the last 15years. I do a lot of driving and I'll really notice the power/torque drop.

14 hours ago, k.young said:

Did you go for the SPS unit for removing/installing the map yourself .....if you ever needed to ??

Didn't go for the SPS.

99.9% of the time it's only me that drives the car.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrRich said:

I guess from the absence of replies to the question, no one has any real experience on the maps available for the 150 and its impact on longevity?

Got mine done end of last year. Now up to 193bhp

Love when the torque kicks in at 100kph but you’re then hitting silly speed in a couple of seconds. 

If I had a 280, I’d have no license 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

Is all about calibrating your right foot, do love having that sort of power available

• Like 2

Yeah I love having that power available too but am mostly trying to behave lately, too many unmarked police cars and scammera vans around my area now to risk it.

the first lockdown mind was a different time and I’d have been in serious trouble if I’d been caught a few times then :angel:

6 hours ago, MICKSVRS said:

Got mine done end of last year. Now up to 193bhp

Love when the torque kicks in at 100kph but you’re then hitting silly speed in a couple of seconds. 

I'd love a spin in that!!

What sort of torque is the remapped 150 making ??

On 21/06/2021 at 21:13, MrRich said:

I guess from the absence of replies to the question, no one has any real experience on the maps available for the 150 and its impact on longevity?

Actually mine was a 150 not 140. Owned it for roughly 2 years post remap with no I'll effects.