Raising my cars Suspension

Ive just changed my wheels on my skoda to a bk racing wheels 17" and its catching the wheel arch, i was thinking of rasing the suspension a little bit, is there any other way around this problem?

be nice im new to all this modding stuff and really want to get into it properly :)

Just now, sepulchrave said:

You'll need to start by fitting the correct sized tyres, you need 205/40/17 on the Fabia to avoid catching the arches.

thank you bud yeh i did just go and check i have the right tyre size on the car which i dont lol pmsl. if it does still catch what should i do

Just now, Aaronbuxton911 said:

thank you bud yeh i did just go and check i have the right tyre size on the car which i dont lol pmsl. if it does still catch what should i do

If you fit the correct sized tyres it won't catch.

You can't just chuck wheels from a bigger car onto a smaller car and expect everything to be ok.

33 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

is there any other way around this problem?

You can pull the wheel arches, which needs a bit of skill to look OK, but is exactly what it sounds like.

3 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

You'll need to start by fitting the correct sized tyres, you need 205/40/17 on the Fabia to avoid catching the arches.

with the tryes can i have 205/45/17 instead of 40 wouold that make much difference

26 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

with the tryes can i have 205/45/17 instead of 40 wouold that make much difference

Instead of playing guessing games you could just fit the correct size tyre for the car rather than this random scrapyard modding approach.

Just now, sepulchrave said:

Instead of playing guessing games you could just fit the correct size tyre for the car rather than this random scrapyard modding approach.

okay so bascailly another question, would my alloy that come in a tyre of 225/45/17 fit in 205/40/17 or not

1 hour ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

would my alloy that come in a tyre of 225/45/17 fit in 205/40/17 or not

Yes, or No, or Maybe. You haven't stated the width or offset of these wheels, and I'm only presuming them to be 17" diameter from the tyre size you're quoting.

Just now, KenONeill said:

Yes, or No, or Maybe. You haven't stated the width or offset of these wheels, and I'm only presuming them to be 17" diameter from the tyre size you're quoting.

All i know is the rims are 17" standered and the tyres the came on are 225/45/17

1 minute ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

The rims are 17" standered

No they're not; the Fabia mk1 was never supplied with standard wheels above 16" diameter. If they're a standard or optional VAG alloy wheel, a reference like "17x6.5JET42" will be cast into them.

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

No they're not; the Fabia mk1 was never supplied with standard wheels above 16" diameter. If they're a standard or optional VAG alloy wheel, a reference like "17x6.5JET42" will be cast into them.

all i know is that they are bk racing wheels and they look like the bk racing 166

31 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

change that they look like the bk 808

And of course if the new wheel/tyre combination changes the rolling circumference, it will affect the speedo, so also bear that in mind.

10 hours ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

change that they look like the bk 808

Yeah, if you don't actually know what they are and can't find size info cast into the wheel rim, you're going to need to post a picture of a wheel to give people a fighting chance of finding the actual model.