Preparing car for sale - rim refurbishment

Hi,

Preparing my Superb II for sale as it's not ULEZ compliant and have to sell it..

I have all 4 rims quite badly damaged and looking for reputable alloy refurbishment company or new set of rims..

What is your opinion on both options: what is cost of new rims set compared to cost/hassle of refurb?

I wouldn't be doing refurb myself, no skillset nor capabilities..

Have to say - love my new L&K Superb III - except for acceleration...

Edited by trybar

• trybar changed the title to Preparing car for sale - rim refurbishment

Assuming you have 18” diamond cut wheels these can be more costly than “normal” alloys. Some people have refurbished them and not diamond cut them again. I think it helps with the longevity in future. Costs vary and so does quality. So shop around. If you specify your location, perhaps others in your locale can give some recommendations of where to go. 

North London and rims are standard Skoda.

After several years in London they are not looking nice have to admit, but aside of that car is in pretty good state.

20151219_154951.jpg

They look like themisto alloys to me.

A dealer will probably charge £250-300 per wheel for a new one so a set of four will around £1000...

A proper acid strip and single colour refurb will be probably be £60-90 per wheel for a 18" depending on condition. Maybe slightly more in London? That's probably around £300-350...

I'd be looking for some local firms to do a refurb and see what they can do for you :)