Looking for some advice.

Hi, looking for some advice. I have a 2015 octavia vrs which I am looking to add a reversing camera, maybe not OEM but one that does the job. 

I am also wanting to upgrade the sound system as the original speakers are woeful. If any one has any recommendations for either I would appreciate it.  

@SashaGrace can fit and code in a camera for you. 

If you don't have the Canton system they are excellent speakers to fit. The Canton tweeters don't have capacitors in them as the frequency cut off is controlled by the amplifier through software on the oe system. You can easily solder in capacitors to limit the lower frequencies playing through the tweeter. 

You can also code in Skoda surround which is a sort of bass booster.

11 hours ago, Ecomatt said:

You can also code in Skoda surround which is a sort of bass booster.

Yes - I would recommend that everyone enables Skoda Surround on their MIB system (enable Virtual Base and Skoda Surround).  It can be enabled for Bolaro, Amunsden and Columbus systems.  Offically supported on SOP3.x (0363 recommended) and SOP 4.x (0478 recommended).  Go and find somebody who had VCDS locally to you or get ODBEleven Pro and get them to enable the following:

Skoda Surround settings are: Module 5F, Byte 11 and change to Hex 04

Once enabled, go to Sound (via either Radio or Media), Settings and enable Virtual Base and Skoda Surround - and then stand-back and wonder why Skoda didn't enable it from the off!

Edited by varaderoguy
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 09:20, varaderoguy said:

Yes - I would recommend that everyone enables Skoda Surround on their MIB system (enable Virtual Base and Skoda Surround).  It can be enabled for Bolaro, Amunsden and Columbus systems.  Offically supported on SOP3.x (0363 recommended) and SOP 4.x (0478 recommended).  Go and find somebody who had VCDS locally to you or get ODBEleven Pro and get them to enable the following:

Skoda Surround settings are: Module 5F, Byte 11 and change to Hex 04

Once enabled, go to Sound (via either Radio or Media), Settings and enable Virtual Base and Skoda Surround - and then stand-back and wonder why Skoda didn't enable it from the off!

So I have an oDBEleven now but I seem to be able to select the 

byte_11_ it’s normally set to sound_system_internal 

I try to set it to 

Sound_system_internal_individual but it will not save or I do not know how to save it. 

Any advice would be a appreciated. 👍

I've replaced the door speakers with JBL's and fitted a Pioneer SubWoofer under the front passenger seat; the sound is now crisp and clear and the SubWoofer adds depth (and bass when required).

2 hours ago, Noms said:

I've replaced the door speakers with JBL's and fitted a Pioneer SubWoofer under the front passenger seat; the sound is now crisp and clear and the SubWoofer adds depth (and bass when required).

I am not great with audio will an amp need to be fitted to do this? 

14 hours ago, Liam9_91 said:

Would you still have the links to the items you fitted? 

Sure:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Stage1-621-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B07Y5DRS5G

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-WX130DA-Car-Amplified-Subwoofers/dp/B078PHCHSW/ref=bmx_e298yhao_3/259-0714971-0387455?pd_rd_w=q0pS7&pf_rd_p=eb113e0f-8c39-4b39-8cfa-62247fe4355e&pf_rd_r=X06TRR9V53VN2W34ZN7Z&pd_rd_r=9ce75df2-fcec-4494-8fb7-78a192b8b422&pd_rd_wg=dlPef&pd_rd_i=B078PHCHSW&psc=1

The sound is really crisp and loud; the subwoofer provides normal to deep bass as required. Obviously the quality of the sound also depends on the quality of the recording, but overall I'm very impressed.