Octavia SE Technology

Hello,

I have agreed a deal for a 2019 Octavia SE Technology.

I used to have a Citigo, I currently have a Fabia, I guess I've accidently become a true Skoda fan.  I don't have a great passion for them, I just think they are nice to drive and very reliable.   I still prefer the Citigo over any of them though...mad that its been discontinued.   Now that im 30 I was looking for an 'adult' car to take to work etc, I have looked at a few options (the C3 is cool!) but a Octavia does seem a sensible option

Just wondering:

1- What do you think of the SE technology model

2. What do you think would be a good price for a 1 litre 2019 model with under 15,000 miles?  Interested to hear suggestions as I haven't mentioned my deal.

Thanks!

Edited by john999boy
Moved & edited

I've got a 1.5 SE Technology car, well equipped comfortable car to drive. Loads of deals out there right now on secondhand examples from the likes of Motorpoint, Arnold Clark and the Skoda dealers network.

Great car - I think it is basically a SE - with an Amunsden system (and therefore GPS).  However, very configurable and a nice option for a car.

7 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Great car - I think it is basically a SE - with an Amunsden system (and therefore GPS).  However, very configurable and a nice option for a car.

It does have GPS and the entertainment system is a hell of an improvement than the one on my 2018 Fabia :D though that isn't hard

Paid the deposit today.  Car costs well under 12k and I got a bank loan which was a lot better than any HP price.  Very pleased with it overall,  The 13 thousand miles must have been very gentle, followed by a long stay in a car park during Covid, as the car is pristine insight and outside. I think the denim blue is very nice.

Never had cruise control or front and rear parking sensors before either.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tiber said:

Never had cruise control or front and rear parking sensors before either.  

My old Octavia only has rear parking sensors and I find them a really useful supplement to conventional reverse parking using mirrors and natural driver vision. Particularly at night where low to mid priced vehicle's reversing cameras are noticeably lacking.

Is your new car fitted with standard cruise control or the active radar system?

I have only had the standard systems fitted to my vehicles but it makes longer journeys a whole lot easier. I understand that the radar based system is probably  much more useful for crowded UK roads.

Edited by Gerrycan

6 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

My old Octavia only has rear parking sensors and I find them a really useful supplement to conventional reverse parking using mirrors and natural driver vision. Particularly at night where low to mid priced vehicle's reversing cameras are noticeably lacking.

Is your new car fitted with standard cruise control or the active radar system?

I have only had the standard systems fitted to my vehicles but it makes longer journeys a whole lot easier. I understand that the radar based system is probably  much more useful for crowded UK roads.

It has adaptive cruise control.  Apparently it changes speed automatically.  Having never used cruise control, I feel nervous about the idea of this system

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tiber said:

It has adaptive cruise control.  Apparently it changes speed automatically.  Having never used cruise control, I feel nervous about the idea of this system

ACC is brilliant and you will find yourself using it regularly. It is even a benefit to manual cars but to a lesser degree.

6 hours ago, john999boy said:

ACC is brilliant and you will find yourself using it regularly. It is even a benefit to manual cars but to a lesser degree.

I have ACC on my 1.4 manual Octavia and I have to say it is brilliant, I use it much of the time not only on motorways and dual carriageways but it is a real benefit on the A361 North Devon link road as the traffic speed varies between 40 and 65mph which the ACC handles seamlessly.

Given the choice I would always spec ACC now.

Edited by PetrolDave

Got my 67 plate SE Technology a few months back and absolutely love it. Upgraded from a 2010 Fabia so loads more to play with and a lot more power, I'm really glad I went with the 1.5L.

as others have said the ACC is super useful and I end up using it a lot more often than i thought, especially for long drives. Wouldn't go without it now

On 03/07/2021 at 22:15, tiber said:

Should be picking it up on Thursday. Very excited

spacer.png

Very nice. It is increasingly difficult to get sensible rubber on a sedan/estate over here in Australia. I accidentally upgraded from 16 inch steel to 17 inch tyres when I took a very reasonably priced option package for cruise control/rear sensors/more speakers etc. I know that goes against the usual trend but I was concerned about driving on our local dirt corrugated roads. The 17" are just ok but I would still have preferred the 16".

I posted above about not having had or really seeing a need for front parking sensors.

Yesterday I parked our very old and tiny Echo runabout at the back of the local shopping mall. A Qashcai pulled into an adjacent bay and the driver mistakenly tried to park level with my much smaller car and smacked her nose into a low concrete block :doh:

So yeah, front sensors are a good idea :) 

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

Had rear sensors in my MK1 Fabia just by accident, then got too used to them so wanted them when getting my mk2 and that had front and read, wouldn't do without them now