My New VRS

Hi all,

Well I took delivery of my new VRS on Thursday afternoon and so far I'm really impressed! The car came from Motorpoint and was sourced from Malta. As far as I can tell the spec is full UK spec plus metallic paint, dual climate, Jumbo box and rear leccys (these were advertised with the car) but as an added bonus the car has come with auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror and auto lights. Well chuffed to say the least considering it came to a grand total of

am picking my octavia fsi vrs frm burnley motorpoint wed 17th may.. glad your pleasd with it . ope i am to . am not listening to the guys tellin me its going to rearly depreciate, an my spare wheel wont fit... id just like to add motorpoint have given me more for my trade in than horners in salford...who the sales men were all MUPPETS.

Welcome to the forum. As for the lights issue, your local Skoda dealer should be able to assist in switching off this annoyance failing that a Vag-Com whiz on here should be able to help you out. :)

I also took delivery of my new vRS from Motorpoint this week. Completely delighted with it EXCEPT as you say you cannot turn the headlights off. I will be talking to my nearest Skoda dealer on Monday about this. Hopefully it's just a reprogram somewhere but if anyone has any futher advice on this I'd be grateful.

I'll also be getting cruise control for those all speed camera areas as I'm told this can be easily done as a dealer retro fit. Well worth it for

Welcome and I'm pleased you are enjoying your new car.

Regarding the wheels, they are in fact exactly the same size of rolling radius, it's just the alloy rims which differ in diameter. Personally I prefer the look of the 18" rims but they should not handle any different to the others.

Thanks for the comments and the warm welcome folks! Can't wait for that 900-1000 mile mark when I can give it full beans!

Makfish- thanks for the advice on the lights - I'll give my local Skoda dealer a bell tomorrow and hopefully get this switched off.

Adrian - Glad to hear you're getting on with yours too - I'll be looking at the retro fit cruise also - @£150 well worth it for those 30 zones.

Jenny - you will be well pleased believe me!!!!! As adrian says get Motorpoint to check the daytime lights b4 you take your car. Also the depriciation will be no different from a UK car, in fact it will be less as you will probably get a very similar price come trade in. My Clio 172 is an import and all the dealers that gave me a trade in quote matched the going rate for the UK version!

Still not convinced about the boot - actually it's more of a clatter than a crash - just doesn't have the same thunk as the doors when closing. Maybe it's related to the plastic flap that opens when you close it???? I will mention this to the dealer also.

thanks for the positive comments guys.. am not listening to the negative ones.. i totaly agree about the depreciation its a load of poo it makes no odds if you have an import car, the dosh your saving out ways that.. il be leting you no what i think of the car, thats if you can get me out of it when iv pickd it up...think i might sleep in it..

Spoke to my local dealer this morning (Vindis of Woolpit, Suffolk) and he is going to install cruise control for me and the kit to use an iPod with the radio head on 30th May. They will also fix the headlight problem for free while they are doing it. Total cost around

(for around 80 secs according to the user manual). I wonder if this is normal for UK models as I would have thought that a shorter time or not at all was preferable.

This time is adjustable in Maxi dot (if you don't have it I'm not sure how you'd do it). Its in the manual how to access the menu and adjust.

Hello folks, great site this.

Also picked up my vRS estate from Motorpoint yesterday. Same spec as mentioned here except I noticed it came with Xenon lights included (but not the headlight washers). A nice surprise along with the the other unadvertised extras you mentioned. Also pleased to find a set of proper mats and a luggage net wrapped up in the boot. A nice change from BMW.

MRP >

well boys, i pickd my VRS up today, its just fantastic!!!!!! cant fault motorpoint burnley, they did tell me it didnt come with an alarm, got there and its got one factory fitted,so they refunded my cash.. paid £14600.

Same spec as mentioned here except I noticed it came with Xenon lights included (but not the headlight washers).

Is it only certain countries that its a legal requirement to have the washers aswell ? I'm not knocking the car as it sound like a bargain but just asking the question :) . For eg would it fail an MOT due to it ?

Are they definately Xenons, the appearence outside looks the same ie; projector style lens, does the car have a beam levelling dial next to the light switch? if it has they aren't Xenons, these have too have auto levelling to be legal.

Not sure I understand what Maxi Dot is... Guess that means I haven't got it?

Not being smart but maybe look it up in manual and it might make sense ;), it should be listed at back :thumbup:

Are they definately Xenons, the appearence outside looks the same ie; projector style lens, does the car have a beam levelling dial next to the light switch? if it has they aren't Xenons, these have too have auto levelling to be legal.

Must admit I had to double check mine as I thought they were xenons at first! Although they look like xenons (projector style lamps) they aren't. Taztastic is correct you should have the leveling thumbwheel to the right of the steering wheel - mine does. You can also check the bulbs! Coming from a xenon enabled car I hope they're up to it!

Oh and I checked for a fuse - one doesn't exist for daylight running lights. I'm toying with the idea of getting Vag-com so I can change the daylight settings and generally fiddle about myself!!!!

Just touching 620 joyful miles now - I've been dying to put my foot down but I've been very good so far with the odd extension to 4500 rpm - time to start giving her more angle on the right foot now me thinks :)

Interesting. Shows how little I know about lights then. They look like xenons to me as well but mine also has the levelling dial so they are projectors. Thanks for that. Does that save me a packet if the bulb goes or not?

Maxidot is called the Information Display* in the manual i think. If you dont have it, the rectangle between the dial is green at the top where it shows trip info and the time and just has a black bit below where the red signs come on for doors open etc. If you have it the whole rectangle looks like it is black with white characters and you can control a host of functions using the trip controls on the right stalk.

PS Makefish re your posting about the 330Ci, I have run one for the past 5 years and even though I am still running in the vRS I dont think the 330 would outperform it, except I guess on a dry track in the hands of a proper driver (ie not me). Couldnt part with the car as the engine, mechanicals and noise are just too enjoyable but already I prefer driving this Skoda for a number of reasons. You have the better car at half the price.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I don't have Maxidot (think this is only on the higher slec "elegance" models not the vRS). I assume this means that I need to get a dealer to re-program the headlight timings. Will ask about it when I take the car in for the cruise control to be fitted.

Drove the car 130 miles today to a meeting and back. Outwards was able to stretch the legs a bit and it was great, always lots of power in reserve for accelerating on the motorway. traffic jams all the way back unfortunately in that situation it's just like any other car :-(