Monte Carlo Headlights Retrofit

20 minutes ago, ruida_silva said:

Mine had projector dipped beam and a reflector full beam, not sure how 32k has done his but if he sprays that reflector black then the full beam won’t really work

Yeah but can you see where your mouse is? That’s the bit for the full beam

The small lamp next to the mouse is the sidelight

Just now, DieselMonte said:

That was my understanding but recently I was changing the sidelight bulb and noticed it shares the reflector area with another bulb which must be the full beam.

Just now, DieselMonte said:

It’s sidelight towards the top and in the middle which is just hidden by the projector is the full beam. I know because when I switched the bulbs over I was confused, the regular headlights have an extra bulb which is the full beam where the montes are just the regular dipped beam with a shutter which isn’t good but whatever 

• Like 2

Just now, WillSmithy said:

That was my understanding but recently I was changing the sidelight bulb and noticed it shares the reflector area with another bulb which must be the full beam.

Correct, it does share the same reflector area but the full beam bulb is more in the middle of that section so it reflects better. I can take photos close up in case it’s confusing. No I haven’t sorted the flashing yet. I’m gonna see an auto electrician towards the end of the month and then I’ll post an update 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

These are twin beam headlights for reference, you have projectors. The small bulb is a sidelight.

Screenshot_20210714-215346_DoneDeal.jpg

Those are just poverty spec ones, no projector. Zoom into the headlight I’ve just commented. There’s the projector, then next to it on the right is the full beam bulb and in the top right corner is the side light.

B9B516F3-B803-43A4-849A-04A0188EF967.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, WillSmithy said:

Here is a master illustration of how the headlight seems to work.

headlight.png

That’s it mate, in the Monte Carlo, the sidelight hole is none existent and instead the sidelight goes where the full beam bulb is in that headlight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruida_silva said:

That’s it mate, in the Monte Carlo, the sidelight hole is none existent and instead the sidelight goes where the full beam bulb is in that headlight.

Yeah that sucks, would probably look weird if I left it unpainted with the rest being black, good thing It was just a pipe dream anyway.

• Like 1

Here’s a picture of my headlights now. It’s dark so I apologise. You can see the projector and next to is is my LED sidelight bulb where the full beam bulb normally is on the other headlight 

10C76EC1-1A18-4E1E-A532-29F6D9F8CF81.jpeg

• Like 2

I have just changed the batteries in my mouse and still the cursor is stuck on that photo of the headlight.

My fault for choosing the black mouse because it looked cooler, will I ever learn! :blush

• Like 2