Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

2 hours ago, jon_r said:

That’s quite interesting. Great it’s got all the bits you wanted, but the electric child locks make me think it was part built last year and finished off more recently. Although cars have been appearing with Canton, I don’t believe they’ve had the electric child locks. I’ll confirm when mine arrives soon. 

Mine has missing electric child locks, should have come with “family”. 

On 04/02/2022 at 11:54, Bob-Crusoe said:

Best photos I’ve ever seen of the red, absolutely gorgeous car 👍🏻

You like Red?

Sorry it’s a well used old banger 😀

And at £45K on the Skoda site Builder, it’s unlikely I’ll buy another one to this spec.

F1B81940-42D9-44F4-8B56-E26E4CCAF6ED.jpeg

5E716D48-FA24-4DAB-B61C-CA2324FB7F36.jpeg

36B9A79F-B9DA-4E14-8C1C-0C6F3F00F373.jpeg

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2022 at 09:52, PartiZan said:

I got an update from my dealer.

Order date June 12th, SportLine 2.0 TSI with a lot of extras: blindspot, 360 cameras, canton, etc.

December 17th , dealer offered to remove Canton from the extras list to speed up production.

January 11th, got unconfirmed production week - 4

January 27th, car is in production, estimated delivery date to Latvia - 2-3 weeks. 

My car is delivered, All options present, including Canton!!!

Edited by PartiZan
typo
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, PartiZan said:

My care is delivered, All options present, including Canton!!!

Awesome, congrats!

Older order fulfilled, means I'm 🤞

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm trying to finalise my specification before ordering a new Kodiaq 1.5 TSI SE DSG (5 seats option for the bigger boot) and wonder if anyone can help answer a couple of questions:

a) does the entry level SE still come with rear privacy glass as standard (the brochure shows it in a photo but I can't find it mentioned in the features list)?

b) I understand Wireless CarPlay now comes as standard, but that it's wise therefore to add Wireless Charging as an extra. Do both work OK with current generation "MagSafe" iPhones (I have an iPhone 12 Mini)

c) I currently have a detachable towbar on my S-Max, but the only option on the Kodiaq seems to be a retractable towbar. Does anyone know if this works well and whether the mechanism is reliable if not used for an extended period? (I've heard tales of similar retractable towbars jamming)

d) I forgot to check at the Skoda dealer whether the front passenger seat folds flat (forwards) for carrying very long loads. I presume not, as there's no mention in the brochure, but would be useful to know anyway.

Thanks!

I had an update for my order today, no things changed there is still no build date but some cars like the Enyaq and Octavia vRS are up to 52 months now! 

They’ll be face lifting them before some people get their orders!🙈 

Theyre optimistic and saying I should get my one late March early April. 🤞

3 minutes ago, Leon-y-k said:

I had an update for my order today, no things changed there is still no build date but some cars like the Enyaq and Octavia vRS are up to 52 months now! 

They’ll be face lifting them before some people get their orders!🙈 

Theyre optimistic and saying I should get my one late March early April. 🤞

Over four YEARS?!?

47 minutes ago, SteveT22 said:

a) does the entry level SE still come with rear privacy glass as standard (the brochure shows it in a photo but I can't find it mentioned in the features list)?

b) I understand Wireless CarPlay now comes as standard, but that it's wise therefore to add Wireless Charging as an extra. Do both work OK with current generation "MagSafe" iPhones (I have an iPhone 12 Mini)

c) I currently have a detachable towbar on my S-Max, but the only option on the Kodiaq seems to be a retractable towbar. Does anyone know if this works well and whether the mechanism is reliable if not used for an extended period? (I've heard tales of similar retractable towbars jamming)

d) I forgot to check at the Skoda dealer whether the front passenger seat folds flat (forwards) for carrying very long loads. I presume not, as there's no mention in the brochure, but would be useful to know anyway.

a) no idea, sorry.

b) both work absolutely fine with my iPhone 12... you may find the wireless charging a bit hit and miss if your phone slides forward/back on the charging mat (if you use a case, you shouldn't have an issue!). Wireless charging is almost a must, especially if you do long journeys, or you will arrive with no battery left in your phone.

c) It works perfectly. Much better than a detachable one because you can't lose it! Granted I've only had mine for a short time, but no issues yet and I'm not aware of anyone else I know that has a tow bar on their Kodiaq having any issues with it jamming.

d) Pretty sure none of the variants of front seat fold flat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leon-y-k said:

Enyaq and Octavia vRS are up to 52 months now! 

On the assumption you mean 52 weeks... that would match what I was quoted for an ID.3 from the local VW dealer.

However, I suspect it's simply a case of "we have absolutely no idea how long it will take, so we'll give you a stupidly long estimate to avoid you asking 'is it built yet?' every week" 😂.

Just now, Yogi-Bear said:

On the assumption you mean 52 weeks... that would match what I was quoted for an ID.3 from the local VW dealer.

However, I suspect it's simply a case of "we have absolutely no idea how long it will take, so we'll give you a stupidly long estimate to avoid you asking 'is it built yet?' every week" 😂.

Doesn't seem stupidly long when we're still waiting for a build week at 10 months!

1 minute ago, AntD said:

Doesn't seem stupidly long when we're still waiting for a build week at 10 months!

Unfortunately, I think you're the exception rather than the rule in waiting quite that long.

If I was in your situation, I'd be concerned that the order was placed when the order books were presumably closed - pretty sure the old style Kodiaqs went 'stock only' not long after the facelift reveal, and the facelift wasn't available to order until June. Would love to know how your dealer managed to place an order when orders weren't being accepted... or whether they told you they had but didn't actually place it until June? Something somewhere really doesn't add up... and your dealer probably knows the chances of you walking away at this point is low (for various reasons), so are they actually doing anything about it?

Apologies - playing devil's advocate there a little bit... don't mean any offence by it.

Just now, Yogi-Bear said:

Unfortunately, I think you're the exception rather than the rule in waiting quite that long.

If I was in your situation, I'd be concerned that the order was placed when the order books were presumably closed - pretty sure the old style Kodiaqs went 'stock only' not long after the facelift reveal, and the facelift wasn't available to order until June. Would love to know how your dealer managed to place an order when orders weren't being accepted... or whether they told you they had but didn't actually place it until June? Something somewhere really doesn't add up... and your dealer probably knows the chances of you walking away at this point is low (for various reasons), so are they actually doing anything about it?

Apologies - playing devil's advocate there a little bit... don't mean any offence by it.

Skoda themselves have confirmed the order was received for facelift and accepted by factory on 21st May. So first month of wait was dealer awaiting facelift order books opening.

No offence taken! Dealer response is simply that there's nothing they can do, as has been the case for many others.

Have contacted lease company for another update on my order and they've advised that the dealer says it's still awaiting a build week 😭.

Was hoping that it might arrive before Easter but that looks extremely unlikely now......

27 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

yep me too weekly update from dealer there is no update still awaiting build week to be assigned, *******

Snap. 🥲

Likewise my June 2021 order still hasn't been accepted by the factory as far as I'm aware. Getting to the point where it might be quicker if I get a job at the factory in the Czech Republic. Get on the internal system and assign my car a build week, then quit 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

Likewise my June 2021 order still hasn't been accepted by the factory as far as I'm aware. Getting to the point where it might be quicker if I get a job at the factory in the Czech Republic. Get on the internal system and assign my car a build week, then quit 🤣

haha, let me know and i'll join you. I keep thinking how long is too long to wait..................but i know i cant jump ship, i wonder if its worth asking if my delaer has had any cancellation slots i could take over instead which are further than mine

• Like 1

Asked for an update this morning and still no information at all and estimate march 2022 is also not an estimate anymore... So hit me up if you get working there to get my car on the list =D

Edited by Omniking

Just now, Spivo said:

Never thought I would find myself waiting for a Skoda for 10 months. Not exactly a premium car 🤣

Well honestly it is now a premium brand :D I like the Skoda designs more than audi line and the futuristic interiours some have are fugly 😕