Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

51 minutes ago, graphiteKodiaqRS said:

I'll take some pics later in the evening for you guys. It looks really good!

I’ll look forward to that. I’ve also ordered the Graphite grey but there are very few about so would be great to see what I’ve ordered 🤣

56 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

Brilliant Silver.

Usually with car adverts and brochures they do lots of fancy stuff to make the car look better than it is in real life. However, that VRS in silver looks better in real life than anything I've seen in a brochure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaXX2020 said:

I’ll look forward to that. I’ve also ordered the Graphite grey but there are very few about so would be great to see what I’ve ordered 🤣

I have the Graphite Grey and it's very nice in the flesh.  Nicer than it looks in the mock ups.  

It's somewhere between the old Business Grey and Quartz Grey and as a result is neither dark nor light.  It hides the dirt well but still looks smart.  Of course all this may change as the car gets older and the gloss (quite literally) wears off, but for the moment and having bought it "unseen" I am happy.

8 minutes ago, xspartx said:

I have the Graphite Grey and it's very nice in the flesh.  Nicer than it looks in the mock ups.  

It's somewhere between the old Business Grey and Quartz Grey and as a result is neither dark nor light.  It hides the dirt well but still looks smart.  Of course all this may change as the car gets older and the gloss (quite literally) wears off, but for the moment and having bought it "unseen" I am happy.

This is great to hear. Especially hiding the dirt well, as I’ve currently got a black Kodiaq and It looks amazing when cleaned but within a day you see all the dust again….ahhh!

Have you got a picture of your graphite grey car?

we've gone graphite grey blind i was so nervous ordering having not seen it. Tiguan is white at the mo with gloss black so wanted a change. Piccies looks good, although i saw a silver one yesterday i whilst i normally hate silver cars it looked really nice. I guess the gloss black helps alot.

Edited by AlienAl

4 hours ago, graphiteKodiaqRS said:

Placed an order on vRS exactly on the 1st of sept. Sat behind the wheel yesterday. So, the delivery took a little less than 5 months.. Ordered with Canton, side assists, area view and got them all + everything else I ordered.

in 2018/2019 I wasn't that lucky. Ordered a Sportline 2.0TSI again in the beginning of sept and the car got delivered in April. So, waited for 7 months - and no chip crisis at that time.  It seems that the higher the spec, the faster it will be delivered.

Really happy that I upgraded. Wireless carplay is awesome!

I think you are correct. Standard lower value cars are back of the queue. Skoda are far from being honest or ethical here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, graphiteKodiaqRS said:

Placed an order on vRS exactly on the 1st of sept. Sat behind the wheel yesterday. So, the delivery took a little less than 5 months.. Ordered with Canton, side assists, area view and got them all + everything else I ordered.

in 2018/2019 I wasn't that lucky. Ordered a Sportline 2.0TSI again in the beginning of sept and the car got delivered in April. So, waited for 7 months - and no chip crisis at that time.  It seems that the higher the spec, the faster it will be delivered.

Really happy that I upgraded. Wireless carplay is awesome!

Did you ever get confirmation of a build date or did it unexpectedly appear from the factory? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

Did you ever get confirmation of a build date or did it unexpectedly appear from the factory? 

In the first week of Dec I made a query to the dealer and got the response that build week was just added and it was week51. On that week, VIN didn't become available yet. Then the holidays happened. VIN appeared in the 2nd week. And two weeks later, here we are.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JaXX2020 said:

This is great to hear. Especially hiding the dirt well, as I’ve currently got a black Kodiaq and It looks amazing when cleaned but within a day you see all the dust again….ahhh!

Have you got a picture of your graphite grey car?

image.png.df66c15956bca64efcfe9cf4d9854574.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jet-black said:

I got an update on mine today... provisional build week 8 has now slipped to week 10.

Standard SE L ordered in Sept

Mine slipped 8 to 9 to 12 in one week! Got a test drive lined up on something else today

9 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Mine slipped 8 to 9 to 12 in one week! Got a test drive lined up on something else today

I wish they'd give me a provisional build week! What's the something else?

On 25/01/2022 at 14:59, AntD said:

Gutted for you that you've had no news but I think I'd actually go mad if I heard someone ordering almost 6 months after me got their car built this month 🤣

Don’t worry, Skoda have righted their wrongs and it’s gone back to order accepted  :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rodders45 said:

Don’t worry, Skoda have righted their wrongs and it’s gone back to order accepted  :)

I'd still worry, mine has been at order accepted since 21st May!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, WarksKodiaq said:

Mine since March 21, seriously!

😡 I ordered in April but not accepted until May because of facelift.

18 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

My 16th June 2021 order has finally arrived at dealer and scheduled for collection next Thursday.

Funny to think you've waited so long and that still makes you one of the lucky ones!

What spec have you got?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Colmgaughan said:

Ordered sportline today. Metel gray. Delivery 2 to 4 weeks 

Sounds like you got someone's cancelled order!

• Like 2

Rang every garage around. Most have new stock coming in next few weeks. I had the pick of maybe 20. Most style but I wanted sportline. Got a steal gray with 20in and vir cockpit both extras in Ireland. Waiting on price for runner and towbar and few other bits. But had choice of black red etc. Worth calling around the garages lads. I only started looking 3 days ago. 

• Like 1