Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

cant say who but someone i know works in the vag group  circle and checked

Edited by AlienAl

4 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

cant say who but someone i know works in the vag group  circle and checked

So I can send you my SLI then too? 😂

:) i had to beg for mine just this once. but hopefully whilst i cant say about others for sure it rules out the likely hood of dealers doing such things.

Is your from a dealer local to you? mine isn't and some miles away

1 minute ago, AlienAl said:

:) i had to beg for mine just this once. but hopefully whilst i cant say about others for sure it rules out the likely hood of dealers doing such things.

Is your from a dealer local to you? mine isn't and some miles away

Miles away unfortunately, or I'd be getting them to show me the screen themselves!

haha, thats my thoughts too. i think if i could go in and make more of a nuisance it may help but i cant. do you have a time frame in mind where you say enough is enough?

2 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

haha, thats my thoughts too. i think if i could go in and make more of a nuisance it may help but i cant. do you have a time frame in mind where you say enough is enough?

Wife says a year but I'm not sure, as what else is there? Only ever new car so don't want to give up on it!

Be cautious if you cancel.  I cancelled my Kodiaq Sportline in December after waiting 6 months with no build date knowing it could be a very long wait.  I purchased via my NHS Scheme who advised I could have my deposit returned if I sent written confirmation (via e-mail).  I did as requested and this was sent to the dealership over 200 miles away.  Less than an hour later, the dealership by some miracle had just been given a build date of week 1 2022.  I suspect this was done to avoid giving back my deposit.  I'm aware Skoda was closed in week 1 as part of the extended closure, but the dealer is not budging.  Our 2nd car is an electric Golf and saving us a silly amount of money.  I've therefore gone with a new Electric Kia which appears to have a shorter lead time and much better communication from the dealer.  I wish those waiting very good luck and hope you have a better experience than I had. 

• Like 1

Are you even entitled to a deposit refund because the car is late? I was reading though what I signed last week and deposit is only refundable should the delays be caused by the dealership. When it’s out of their control it’s technically not.

My optimistic delivery date of end of March early April is now looking more like June/July. It’s ok, but I did have a wobble and nearly cancelled my order the other day. 

Ordered in end of last October. 

I guess it’s down to the chips still! I don’t think it’s completely a profit thing because mine had a few options on it. 

10 hours ago, Leon-y-k said:

My optimistic delivery date of end of March early April is now looking more like June/July. It’s ok, but I did have a wobble and nearly cancelled my order the other day. 

Ordered in end of last October. 

I guess it’s down to the chips still! I don’t think it’s completely a profit thing because mine had a few options on it. 

When did you place your order?

The website in German which shows VW Group waiting times is now showing Kodiaq as minimum 10 months, with many versions extra 2-5 months (total 12 to 15 months

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Sports line +2 months

L&K +3 months

2.0 TDI 110kw 7-speed DSG 4x4 +2 months

Heated steering wheel +3 months

Business Columbus +5 months

Business Amundsen +5 months

Sleep package + acoustic glazing +5 months

Running boards +2 months

Hitch +2 months

3 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

The website in German which shows VW Group waiting times is now showing Kodiaq as minimum 10 months, with many versions extra 2-5 months (total 12 to 15 months

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Sports line +2 months

L&K +3 months

2.0 TDI 110kw 7-speed DSG 4x4 +2 months

Heated steering wheel +3 months

Business Columbus +5 months

Business Amundsen +5 months

Running boards +2 months

Hitch +2 months

Is this cumulative? If so, I'm looking at 2 years wait 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps some of you may want to write to AutoExpress as they may be interested in what you have to say.

New Car Delivery times

Other VW Group manufacturers appear to be consistent with what customers are experiencing but according to Skoda:

"Orders placed in February for the Skoda Fabia, Kamiq, Superb and Kodiaq will arrive before the end of August, the company confirmed. We were also told that it’s currently running very low levels of new dealer stock."

I'm sure that might upset one or two of you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Perhaps some of you may want to write to AutoExpress as they may be interested in what you have to say.

New Car Delivery times

Other VW Group manufacturers appear to be consistent with what customers are experiencing but according to Skoda:

"Orders placed in February for the Skoda Fabia, Kamiq, Superb and Kodiaq will arrive before the end of August, the company confirmed. We were also told that it’s currently running very low levels of new dealer stock."

I'm sure that might upset one or two of you.

I ordered in February so roll on August then…..

I’m not holding my breath. Although I was told a similar timeline by the dealer which I took with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by iwb100

2 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

I ordered in February so roll on August then…..

I’m not holding my breath. Although I was told a similar timeline by the dealer which I took with a punch of salt. 

Definitely don't hold your breath, you'll die 😲

3 minutes ago, AntD said:

Definitely don't hold your breath, you'll die 😲

Ha. It’s so odd now. Every other new car I’ve bought has either been there or at least on British soil ready for delivery to the dealer. 

Never had to do a factory order before as I’ve always walked in with my trim level in mind prepared to do a factory order and they’ve said ‘no need we’ve got one you can have’ and that was that.  My Karoq was literally there so I could look at it and sit in it and drive it away two days later a few years back….

Doing the order is sort of good as I was able to spec how I liked but still, I knew I’d be waiting a long old time. 

2 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

🤦‍♂️

Ordered Mid July. Currently BW 15 but goes back 1 week every week for the last couple of months!

6 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Ordered Mid July. Currently BW 15 but goes back 1 week every week for the last couple of months!

I think I'd rather have it slipping each week than abandoned until nobody knows when - at least then I'd know it's on a list somewhere!

Hello! I´ve spoked with the dealer here in Portugal about my order...he told me that it`s already ordered and, even with the new prices that will be higher netx months.. Hope to get it before X-mas... 😀

Sorry about my english...

Best regards!!!

• Like 2

Drunk Thats All Folks GIF by Denyse®Well, found a Kia Sportage GT S line hybrid in stock tonight and after 8 months of waiting for the cursed Kodiaq I am going to throw the towel in tomorrow. Problem exactly what they want but I have nothing good to say about skoda now and time to move on. 

14 minutes ago, Spivo said:

time to move on.

It’s a shame, but good news that you’ve found an alternative you’re happy with and, more importantly, can actually get now!

12 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

My June 21 order still has no build date. I did specify the sleep package though, looks like that might have effected it.