Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

Dealer has just confirmed my early October VRS order has now left the factory! Running approx 2 months late from the very initial estimate of 24 weeks but appreciate some guys here waiting much longer. Fingers crossed for a smooth journey to dealer, hopefully by end of May 😬

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, LEGO-JET said:

Dealer has just confirmed my early October VRS order has now left the factory! Running approx 2 months late from the very initial estimate of 24 weeks but appreciate some guys here waiting much longer. Fingers crossed for a smooth journey to dealer, hopefully by end of May 😬

Did you order with Canton and Side Assist also? 

6 minutes ago, LEGO-JET said:

No side assist or Canton added. I went with leather ventilated seats, winter pack, sleep pack and towbar. 

Similar spec to mine but no news for me - probably because it's a lowly SportLine!

That’s sadly probably true. I’d have been perfectly happy to keep my current Sportline and ordinarily would never have spent (or been able to spend) full price for the VRS had it not been for the perfect storm of unbelievably good trade-in price and  factory discount which will still be honoured. 

Edited by LEGO-JET

44 minutes ago, LEGO-JET said:

ordinarily would never have spent (or been able to spend) full price for the VRS had it not been for the perfect storm of unbelievably good trade-in price and  factory discount which will still be honoured.

Same here... though I think you mean dealer discount. Pretty sure the factory don't discount them 😃.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Same here... though I think you mean dealer discount. Pretty sure the factory don't discount them 😃.

The factory discount is achieved through never building the bloody things, meaning they never cost you a penny…😉

Edited by iwb100
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/04/2022 at 20:29, Yogi-Bear said:

discount can be both from Skoda and the dealership.

thats why very few lease cars are coming through, heavy discounts with no profit. 

On 28/04/2022 at 20:29, Yogi-Bear said:

2 hours ago, Spivo said:

discount can be both from Skoda and the dealership.

Indeed, but that will be Skoda UK in this country - still nothing to do with the factory.

1 minute ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Indeed, but that will be Skoda UK in this country - still nothing to do with the factory.

Skoda is Skoda. Doesn’t matter if  it is the factory, Skoda uk or anywhere else. Skoda own it all, and any divisions discount comes out of the overall companies business P&L. Only the dealerships are independent 

https://autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-dealership%2C-sales-and-marketing/skoda-sales-down-129-electric-enyaq-volumes-strong

Skoda is a low volume seller in the UK. the best selling model is not anyplace near the UK's top selling models.

A Skoda UK CEO is always now moved in from VW Group elsewhere like the latest one this year transferred from VW China.

Skoda are Skoda in name, profits per vehicle can be pretty small but then they are sold new / leased, come back and sold used, and maybe sold again.

Skoda is just part of  the Volkswagen Group & with just a bit more than 1 million sales globally in a good year, and VW Group are money lenders and money borrowers. 

They finance the vehicles from their share holders and investors and Skoda do what VW Group decide. 

VW decide what brands will be First Registering what models and when and the emissions of the vehicles registered.

They decide in the UK when they want ones out to fleets, hire companies, motability, emergency services or sold to lease companies or leased with VW Finance. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-finance-and-corporate/volkswagen-sales-down-8-2021-profit-451

Just now Dealerships are surviving but in the past Motor Group owners were the ones that dumped Skoda not Skoda dumping them.

Edited by roottoot

3 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Skoda is Skoda. Doesn’t matter if  it is the factory, Skoda uk or anywhere else. Skoda own it all, and any divisions discount comes out of the overall companies business P&L. Only the dealerships are independent 

I’ve now got 3 cars on order to cover options, Skoda, Hyundai and Kia. First one to be on a ship gets my money, not bothered which. All with option to cancel if I want

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Spivo said:

I’ve now got 3 cars on order to cover options, Skoda, Hyundai and Kia. First one to be on a ship gets my money, not bothered which. All with option to cancel if I want

Do you know how long it takes for a ship to arrive from Korea ?

33 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Do you know how long it takes for a ship to arrive from Korea ?

Is it an African or European swallow ship?

24 minutes ago, roottoot said:

No idea but nobody mentioned Sorentos unless i missed that. 

But then i suppose a SUV driver will be wanting a SUV. The biggest one or maybe just a Sportage.

The equivalent cars are the Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe. Which I assume are the ones on order unless he’s settled for the class below. 

As an aside there are some Hyundai Tucson’s available in stock on lease companies. £260 ish a month plus around £1500 deposit. Ready in a few weeks. So if going the class down from kodiaq you can get a car pretty quickly if not fussy. Both zen auto and vanarama advertising these.

Edited by iwb100

3 hours ago, iwb100 said:

in stock

3 hours ago, iwb100 said:

Ready in a few weeks.

If they’re ‘in stock’ you would expect them to be ready as soon as you want them. I’d be more than a little concerned that they don’t actually have them yet but they expect (honestly, guv) to get them in a few weeks*.

*I suppose it all depends on what you class as a ‘few’…

31 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

If they’re ‘in stock’ you would expect them to be ready as soon as you want them. I’d be more than a little concerned that they don’t actually have them yet but they expect (honestly, guv) to get them in a few weeks*.

*I suppose it all depends on what you class as a ‘few’…

Vanarama quote 14-21 day delivery for the Tucson which I think is the lowest delivery time they ever indicate these days. Zen auto suggest 4-6 weeks. 

On these lease comparison sites they mark which are factory orders whereas if they put a time on it it means they have stock either to hand or on the way. You can tell these exist as they don’t let you change anything on the cars. 

Edited by iwb100

Tuscon and Sportage, both top of the range 230 hybrid. Obviously smaller than the Kodiaq but never really wanted the Kodiaq. I was shopping for a Karoq and the Kodiaq was much lower monthly’s! Test drove all and Will be happy to live with any of these for the next 3 years. The dealers ordered these in January for stock and due inBetween May and August. Unlike Skoda Both Hyundai and Kia are happy to supply lease cars at the same rate as retail cars. However, they will prioritise official dealers before third party lease companies. The race is on!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Tuscon and Sportage, both top of the range 230 hybrid. Obviously smaller than the Kodiaq but never really wanted the Kodiaq. I was shopping for a Karoq and the Kodiaq was much lower monthly’s! Test drove all and Will be happy to live with any of these for the next 3 years. The dealers ordered these in January for stock and due inBetween May and August. Unlike Skoda Both Hyundai and Kia are happy to supply lease cars at the same rate as retail cars. However, they will prioritise official dealers before third party lease companies. The race is on!

Do Kia and Hyundai offer personal lease via their dealers? 

14 hours ago, iwb100 said:

Do Kia and Hyundai offer personal lease via their dealers? 

Definitely. I’ve just ordered!

1 hour ago, Spivo said:

Definitely. I’ve just ordered!

Slightly off topic, but does that mean you've applied for 3 lots of credit...? I obviously don't know your personal circumstances, but presumably you've been approved for all 3 in order to place the order? Ignoring the affordability question as I'm guessing you didn't tell any of them about the other applications... but won't that impact on your credit rating (multiple applications in a short time)?

Asking out of pure interest - nothing else.