Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

16 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

I'd held off updating not to tempt fate last two weeks. Back then i checked with my dealer as i do every monday and we had our build week moved from week 39 to week 19! i checked every day last week (19) and it got to friday with it still at stage 20 not 30 so thought i would be screwed again. They build all week and it takes one day so dealer said could happen sat or sun. I checked this morning and its been built! i had feared as last year we had a confirmed build week in nov it got to that week it finsihed but the car never went into build to which skoda wouldnt say why and the order got taken off all together. I handed my lease car back two weeks also so this has come as great news. 

Those who havent been as lucky as me (i've still suffered more than most) keep pestering. I pestered and explained to my dealer my lease situation and other factors so he spoke to skoda uk and asked for a priority next available build week which seemed to work.

You're not the first person to mention priority slots - but Skoda UK refuse to acknowledge the existence of them stating there is nothing they can do and it's all decided at factory level and that they can not and will not comment on other customers' builds.

They even had the cheek to say they would file and not read any further emails from me after only 2 further emails with questions for clarification!

1 minute ago, AntD said:

You're not the first person to mention priority slots - but Skoda UK refuse to acknowledge the existence of them stating there is nothing they can do and it's all decided at factory level and that they can not and will not comment on other customers' builds.

They even had the cheek to say they would file and not read any further emails from me after only 2 further emails with questions for clarification!

:()  wow, all mine to skoda uk went through my dealer and not myself so that may have been the difference? has your dealer been willing to go above and beyond to try and force almost?

"Thank you for your email.

I apologise that you continue to be inconvenienced by your vehicle’s delay in production.

However, ŠKODA UK as the importer, have no control or influence over the Factory production logistics. This is entirely their decision, and as such we are not able to help in this regard.

As discussed, we are not able to contact anyone for information/updates, and this is all done through the dealership. Any updates received by them through the factory system should be provided to yourself, and to reiterate we do not have access to these systems.

I apologise again this is not the outcome you were expecting.and that we cannot assist further.

This is ŠKODA UK’s Full and Final response on the matter.

Any future correspondence will be filed but may not be actioned."

Really riled me that they kept going on about "we can't give updates". I don't care. I want my build escalating, not telling it's at "no build week allocated" again.

Just now, AlienAl said:

:()  wow, all mine to skoda uk went through my dealer and not myself so that may have been the difference? has your dealer been willing to go above and beyond to try and force almost?

I'm in the unfortunate position where I've never met my dealer, as it's through a broker of sorts. They do nothing but provide the same updates but I have figured out who the dealer is so may have to annoy them directly. Have mentioned priority slots to broker once more so will wait and see what dealer says to them before pursuing directly.

14 minutes ago, AntD said:

I'm in the unfortunate position where I've never met my dealer, as it's through a broker of sorts. They do nothing but provide the same updates but I have figured out who the dealer is so may have to annoy them directly. Have mentioned priority slots to broker once more so will wait and see what dealer says to them before pursuing directly.

I would definitely get hold of the dealer directly. At the moment they have no incentive to push your car through as you aren't anything to them, and paying considerably less than anyone else can order the car for, at the moment. 

Yep. A broker found a cheap deal. They have no incentive to move this really. Or a very minor incentive. A dealer who now could if the car gets built sell it at a far higher price. Was this the facelift version ordered? Or the previous one?

Id say the chances of putting pressure on anyone are low here but dealer is best bet. They are the only ones who can make anything happen at all. 

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

Yep. A broker found a cheap deal. They have no incentive to move this really. Or a very minor incentive. A dealer who now could if the car gets built sell it at a far higher price. Was this the facelift version ordered? Or the previous one?

Id say the chances of putting pressure on anyone are low here but dealer is best bet. They are the only ones who can make anything happen at all. 

Facelift - was placed in April but waited till May to be submitted because of facelift.

5 minutes ago, AntD said:

Facelift - was placed in April but waited till May to be submitted because of facelift.

TBH in your shoes I’d be telling them I’m cancelling. A year is not acceptable as a wait especially when you don’t have any idea when it will be built. I’d be screaming at the broker and dealer and asking for my money back. That might prompt action but if they just give up then it would suggest they aren’t going to push your order anyway. 

No chance I’d be letting this run much longer without someone doing some quite significant interventions. Otherwise you could be hanging on for nothing.

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

TBH in your shoes I’d be telling them I’m cancelling. A year is not acceptable as a wait especially when you don’t have any idea when it will be built. I’d be screaming at the broker and dealer and asking for my money back. That might prompt action but if they just give up then it would suggest they aren’t going to push your order anyway. 

No chance I’d be letting this run much longer without someone doing some quite significant interventions. Otherwise you could be hanging on for nothing.

More than likely just let me walk, they know my deal is strong if fulfilled.

Going to Motor Ombudsman but there is likely nothing they'll do either - Skoda will quote semiconductor and Ukraine crisis and that will be that. Got to try though.

1 minute ago, AntD said:

More than likely just let me walk, they know my deal is strong if fulfilled.

Going to Motor Ombudsman but there is likely nothing they'll do either - Skoda will quote semiconductor and Ukraine crisis and that will be that. Got to try though.

It’s a complete joke. They’ve fulfilled probably the bulk of 2021 orders made after yours already. I’d definitely get onto the dealer and ask for screenshots of your order and dates when it was submitted. I assume you didn’t get the usual letter from Skoda U.K. confirming your order as that went to the broker. But I’d definitely be checking everything is in the system right with no errors against it. And I’d want proof of that. If there are errors that could explain the inaction. 

1 minute ago, AntD said:

It may be that you are focussing your efforts in the wrong place. Who is your contract with? The broker or the dealer? If it is with the dealer, then you should have been kicking them a long time ago. If a broker... then you really should have been kicking them very hard, as it sounds like they've been nothing by useless in all of this.

Your contract most certainly isn't with Skoda UK - so it's not surprising that they've effectively told you to go away.

My Skoda dealer response is. “I will contact you when I hear anything” and “I don’t know what you want me to say”. Absolutely pathetic shower of Sh;t. P off skoda, the Hyundai due on 16th of June and only ordered last month! No Chip shortages at their factory in the same region!

32 minutes ago, Spivo said:

My Skoda dealer response is. “I will contact you when I hear anything” and “I don’t know what you want me to say”. Absolutely pathetic shower of Sh;t. P off skoda, the Hyundai due on 16th of June and only ordered last month! No Chip shortages at their factory in the same region!

Some of the higher spec Tucson’s are made in Korea and there is a shipment due in the country in late May or early June. I suspect you are getting one of those. As is my father. 

Tucson’s are one of the few cars that are available for lease within a week or two and it’s been that way for months. However,  reading the Hyundai forums there seems plenty of people waiting with exactly the same complaints about no communication and dealers just saying they don’t know week in week out…so not sure it’s any better if you are stuck in the factory queue. 

13 hours ago, iwb100 said:

Some of the higher spec Tucson’s are made in Korea and there is a shipment due in the country in late May or early June. I suspect you are getting one of those. As is my father. 

Tucson’s are one of the few cars that are available for lease within a week or two and it’s been that way for months. However,  reading the Hyundai forums there seems plenty of people waiting with exactly the same complaints about no communication and dealers just saying they don’t know week in week out…so not sure it’s any better if you are stuck in the factory queue. 

N Line S 230 coming from Czech Republic. In build now. Due 8 weeks from ordering, so June 16th. Better than 11 months with no build week planned.

15 minutes ago, Spivo said:

N Line S 230 coming from Czech Republic. In build now. Due 8 weeks from ordering, so June 16th. Better than 11 months with no build week planned.

Fair enough I think it’s the plug ins that come from Korea still. They seem to have been able to make more Tucson’s than virtually any other manufacturer can manage. 

On 16/05/2022 at 09:59, AlienAl said:

Hmm...

Screenshot_20220518-170620.png

On a cheerier note, one moonwhite VRS has arrived off the boat! 😃 Hoping to pick up next week after 8 month wait; 2 months longer than expected but still less than some….. 

• Love it! 1

Just now, LEGO-JET said:

On a cheerier note, one moonwhite VRS has arrived off the boat! 😃 Hoping to pick up next week after 8 month wait; 2 months longer than expected but still less than some….. 

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LEGO-JET said:

Sounds great not seen any white VRS so piccies needed

How long from build did yours take to get to the dealers?

18 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

Sounds great not seen any white VRS so piccies needed

How long from build did yours take to get to the dealers?

Will do 👍🏻 Looks like it’ll be just over 3 weeks from built to dealer if it arrives as expected early next week. Was in production for 4 weeks. 

15 minutes ago, LEGO-JET said:

Will do 👍🏻 Looks like it’ll be just over 3 weeks from built to dealer if it arrives as expected early next week. Was in production for 4 weeks. 

Mine left the factory wc 25/04 so I hope mine is also nearing me... only so many times you can chase the dealer without looking needy though :~

• Haha 1

Ah mine was built and left the factory last sunday. Guess its on its way to the docks and has to wait for the next full ship to leave

• Love it! 1

5 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

Ah mine was built and left the factory last sunday. Guess its on its way to the docks and has to wait for the next full ship to leave

Fantastic news 👍🏻, how many months have you been waiting? 

Order placed 7th June 😞 so will , I had a confirmed build week nov but the car never went in and went from confirmed build week back right to the start.