Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

1 hour ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Anyone in your position should have done exactly what Spivo did. And I'd have exactly the same sentiments toward the manufacturer as he has. 

Just to be clear about this, are we correct in saying that all you've done is order a car i.e you haven't bought it?  If your dealer is refusing to return any deposit then you obviously have a case, which would be a legal matter rather than involving an ombusman, but if your dealer is saying you can have your deposit back in full, I'm stuggling to be sympathetic toward someone who appears to be digging their own grave.

Just cancel and buy another car. Easy Peasy.

If you'd like to hand me £10k I'll get right on it, thanks for your contribution.

1 hour ago, iwb100 said:

I mean I sort of agree. But I think they are on a lease. And the problem is there is very little that can actually offer what a kodiaq does in the same price bracket. I’ve looked recently as mine is delayed but you can’t get a tarraco. The Tiguan allspace is with very limited availability and long wait times for an order. After that you are simply going to have to pay more for a Santa Fe or Sorrento. Or way more for one of the posh ones like a Q7. You can find the GLB but really that’s just a mid size suv with 7 seats in it. 

I would have this week moved on if there was anything that was as good as a kodiaq for similar money. But there isn’t. And those who got super duper lease deals will find it even harder.

I do agree though that if I’ve waited a year I’m giving up and moving on. Especially if I have no build date. 

Cash purchase, but hanging on for exactly the reasons you gave.

12 hours ago, AntD said:

If you'd like to hand me £10k I'll get right on it, thanks for your contribution.

In a similar situation. The prices keep ramping up and the discounts have ramped down across nearly all 7-seaters, so cancelling wouldn't make financial sense.

To give an idea of price evolution of the Kodiaq, these are rough figures I've had at various points.

2019/2020 via Carw*w  £20.5k for SE 7 seater, £27k Sportline  (20% discount)
2021 Broker £22.5k  SE 7 seater,  £29k Sportline (20% discount ?)
2022  Carw*w  £30k SE Drive 7 seater, £35k Sportline ( 10% discount )

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

In a similar situation. The prices keep ramping up and the discounts have ramped down across nearly all 7-seaters, so cancelling wouldn't make financial sense.

To give an idea of price evolution of the Kodiaq, these are rough figures I've had at various points.

2019/2020 via Carw*w  £20.5k for SE 7 seater, £27k Sportline  (20% discount)
2021 Broker £22.5k  SE 7 seater,  £29k Sportline (20% discount ?)
2022  Carw*w  £30k SE Drive 7 seater, £35k Sportline ( 10% discount )

I really do get all this but how good is a deal on a car if you haven't got the car? I really hope you and Ant get your cars but I cant help but wonder; are they ever going to make it and sell it to you at a price thousands of £££ cheaper than they can sell at now? There must come a point when they just cancel the order. Otherwise why haven't they made them yet? I really don't think they are obliged to go through with an order and can just cancel if they so chose. I know other manufacturers are dropping orders because they cannot fulfil and won't supply when cost of components and manufacturing costs have gone up so much. If this is the case, the longer it goes on means any new car you order is only going to go up in price from now. It's a really bad situation for you both and I hope it is resolved soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paulkpr said:

I really do get all this but how good is a deal on a car if you haven't got the car? I really hope you and Ant get your cars but I cant help but wonder; are they ever going to make it and sell it to you at a price thousands of £££ cheaper than they can sell at now? There must come a point when they just cancel the order. Otherwise why haven't they made them yet? I really don't think they are obliged to go through with an order and can just cancel if they so chose. I know other manufacturers are dropping orders because they cannot fulfil and won't supply when cost of components and manufacturing costs have gone up so much. If this is the case, the longer it goes on means any new car you order is only going to go up in price from now. It's a really bad situation for you both and I hope it is resolved soon.

Hope so. If this happens then it happens, I run the S-Max into the ground and save up to order something else or buy nearly new.

12 minutes ago, Paulkpr said:

I mean I agree. The longer it goes on the less likely anyone is to get a car. But if you go and order something else you face another long wait. Or you face a huge price increase for something that doesn’t offer what the kodiaq does. 

Even at current list price it’s hard to find anything you will get quicker than a kodiaq that will come any quicker. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AntD said:

Cash purchase, but hanging on for exactly the reasons you gave.

Just for info, take it or leave it. I put a lot of effort into finding something else, never stop looking, cold call dealerships, that’s what I did and stumbled on this top of the range Tuscon,  all bells and whistles for exactly the same as what I was going to pay for the Kodiaq. 

6 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Just for info, take it or leave it. I put a lot of effort into finding something else, never stop looking, cold call dealerships, that’s what I did and stumbled on this top of the range Tuscon,  all bells and whistles for exactly the same as what I was going to pay for the Kodiaq. 

But you’ve spent all that time and not found a car in the same class (as in size) bracket as the Kodiaq. The problem is not if you are happy for a Karoq replacement there are a few cars around. If you want something equivalent to a Kodiaq there is absolutely nothing available right now or what is available is heavily compromised. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

But you’ve spent all that time and not found a car in the same class (as in size) bracket as the Kodiaq. The problem is not if you are happy for a Karoq replacement there are a few cars around. If you want something equivalent to a Kodiaq there is absolutely nothing available right now or what is available is heavily compromised. 

It’s a 230 hybrid and in my opinion every bit as good, but each to their own as this is a Skoda forum 🤣

1 minute ago, Spivo said:

It’s a 230 hybrid and in my opinion every bit as good, but each to their own as this is a Skoda forum 🤣

You’ve not read the post properly. It’s nothing about being good. You’ve bought something in the mid size suv bracket. Whereas the Kodiaq is a large suv with 7 seats. 

If I wanted a Karoq equivalent I’ve seen Sportage’s and Tucson’s available even Q3’s. But it’s the 7 seater size that is the problem. There isn’t anything equivalent and under £40K that can be got quickly.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spivo said:

It's missing 2 seats though.

9 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Like comparing apples and oranges. The Tuscon is a medium family hatchback on stilts. The Kodiaq is a full size 7 seat SUV. I’m glad you’re pleased but I’m surprised something so much smaller fitted your bill. 

Edited by Paulkpr
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paulkpr said:

Like comparing apples and oranges. The Tuscon is a medium family hatchback on stilts. The Kodiaq is a full size 7 seat SUV. I’m glad you’re pleased but I’m surprised something so much smaller fitted your bill. 

You can’t always have what you want. This is aimed at the lease people who’s car is never coming

Typical judgmental response by people who I feel are all missing the point.  He ordered the vehicle over 8-12 months ago and not a dickybird.  Yes, pandemic, war, blah, blah, blah.  So that buyer went and found a lovely vehicle elsewhere from a different manufacturer.  Why judge what they did?  I get some people have got lucky and received what looks to be a fabulous vehicle.  However within that time of waiting, some peoples circumstances change and therefore a large 7 seater may not necessarily be required anymore.  I ordered a Kodiaq Sportline June last year (cash purchase) as it would have been useful for day trips or holidays to take one vehicle with the extended family.  Day to day, 7 seats wasn't needed.  I got sick of waiting and poor communication, so cancelled and got my second EV.  I can always hire a Kodiaq from the local Skoda dealership which is what I did in the passed.  Just because this person bought another vehicle which wasn't a Skoda, don't disrespect other peoples choices.  Otherwise it is a sad world we live in!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LSport said:

Typical judgmental response by people who I feel are all missing the point.  He ordered the vehicle over 8-12 months ago and not a dickybird.  Yes, pandemic, war, blah, blah, blah.  So that buyer went and found a lovely vehicle elsewhere from a different manufacturer.  Why judge what they did?  I get some people have got lucky and received what looks to be a fabulous vehicle.  However within that time of waiting, some peoples circumstances change and therefore a large 7 seater may not necessarily be required anymore.  I ordered a Kodiaq Sportline June last year (cash purchase) as it would have been useful for day trips or holidays to take one vehicle with the extended family.  Day to day, 7 seats wasn't needed.  I got sick of waiting and poor communication, so cancelled and got my second EV.  I can always hire a Kodiaq from the local Skoda dealership which is what I did in the passed.  Just because this person bought another vehicle which wasn't a Skoda, don't disrespect other peoples choices.  Otherwise it is a sad world we live in!

I don’t think anyone is judging at all. Just pointing out that for those of us waiting the problem with switching to another car is that right now if you actually want a kodiaq or something in that class there isn’t anything readily available. Not without spending a lot more or making compromises on what you get.

That doesn’t mean you can’t go and get a Tucson or whatever. Great car. But if I only needed a mid size I’d go and get one or a sportage as they seem more available. The problem is it’s much harder in large suv land if that’s what you need.

• Like 4
  • Groan 1

Well, I had an update today. Seems my week 25 build week has now slipped to an estimated week 28 but could change again. Not terrible in the great scheme of things but frustrating nonetheless!

• Sad 1

On 12/04/2022 at 08:21, icohohi said:

Have an update today about my 2.0 TSI. Ordered beginning of October 2021 and now with build week 49-50 2022.

New update from this Tuesday - build week 25 and if this remains the same till next Tuesday it will become confirmed. Not sure if this is error or not, but definitely wont hold my breath.

• Like 2

On a positive note I saw a transporter full of new Skoda's this morning and there were at least 3 Kodiaqs on it. So they are not an urban myth! 😄

Got that call today… “do you want to collect your car tomorrow”… YUP! 🥳 #Kodiaq2 (with a 4 month sabbatical (bad choice of car) ). Picked my reg number and all finance stuff signed

For those waiting and interested in wait times from build week to colllection; 
Sportline Black Magic with VC & winter pack. Build wk 16 (order already in the system so I’ve no idea when it was ordered). Left Emden a week last Friday, arrived in Grimsby last Monday and then to the dealers tomorrow morning. Quick PDI then collection at 1630. 

2 minutes ago, Paulkpr said:

Got that call today… “do you want to collect your car tomorrow”… YUP! 🥳 #Kodiaq2 (with a 4 month sabbatical (bad choice of car) ). Picked my reg number and all finance stuff signed

For those waiting and interested in wait times from build week to colllection; 
Sportline Black Magic with VC & winter pack. Build wk 16 (order already in the system so I’ve no idea when it was ordered). Left Emden a week last Friday, arrived in Grimsby last Monday and then to the dealers tomorrow morning. Quick PDI then collection at 1630. 

Not jealous at all 🤣

My rep is on leave so no Monday update this week... Not happy!

2 minutes ago, AntD said:

Not jealous at all 🤣

My rep is on leave so no Monday update this week... Not happy!

Have you ever been given an SLI number? Find a friendly dealer and they can help you out with what’s what. 

3 minutes ago, Paulkpr said:

Have you ever been given an SLI number? Find a friendly dealer and they can help you out with what’s what. 

Didn't think of that!

I do have the SLI, just need the friendly dealer now. Anyone?

1 minute ago, AntD said:

Didn't think of that!

I do have the SLI, just need the friendly dealer now. Anyone?

Try Dean Nichols on FB, he seems to be everyone’s dealer of choice. He works where I bought my car at Marshall’s Oxford but I’ve never bought from him, just met him a few years ago when I was looking for my first Kodiaq. He seems nice. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paulkpr said:

Try Dean Nichols on FB, he seems to be everyone’s dealer of choice. He works where I bought my car at Marshall’s Oxford but I’ve never bought from him, just met him a few years ago when I was looking for my first Kodiaq. He seems nice. 

It's a no go, for info of anyone else thinking of the same dealers only have access to their own orders 😓