A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!

Awesam

Yeap it's a painful blow, still awaiting an outcome with my complaint with the Council contractors!

I have some more pics of the exhaust once its been taken, ill upload them soon.

Hats off to the Trackslag, that is a quality downpipe! The new exhaust is a full custom one just to save time! 

Lol Sorry! I was waiting for you and when I never heard back I thought you had reconsidered! 

Let me know if you are selling your wheels! 😁

Yeah Unicorn were on top of the list however I've decided to take it to Devil Developments to get sorted in 2 weeks. 

Edited by Awesam
Update

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught up with this, what a misfortune, can't believe those pics with the ruined exhaust...

On the actual remap, that was definitely  low for that turbo. 420-430bhp is maxed out stage 2+ , not a proper stage 3, let alone with WMI.  Let's hope your new tuner can sort you, should expect 460-480bhp.

But apart from dyno numbers which can be a lottery, since you've done all that investment already I'd suggest getting a PGEAR or Dragy device and measuring 100-200km/h times, this is the real world performance that counts, and gives the best idea of how the car compares against others and whether it would meet your expectations.

Following...

PS. Appreciate the sleeper approach but you just HAVE TO ditch those alloys!!! 😆

Edited by newbie69

4 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Just caught up with this, what a misfortune, can't believe those pics with the ruined exhaust...

On the actual remap, that was definitely  low for that turbo. 420-430bhp is maxed out stage 2+ , not a proper stage 3, let alone with WMI.  Let's hope your new tuner can sort you, should expect 460-480bhp.

But apart from dyno numbers which can be a lottery, since you've done all that investment already I'd suggest getting a PGEAR or Dragy device and measuring 100-200km/h times, this is the real world performance that counts, and gives the best idea of how the car compares against others and whether it would meet your expectations.

Following...

PS. Appreciate the sleeper approach but you just HAVE TO ditch those alloys!!! 😆

🤣 Not you aswell i.e. alloys! 

In recent weeks I've done a lot extensive research in finding a tuner, initally I was going to go to Devil Developments who are development partners with Littco however they've never tuned a Superb before and from what I've been told its a tricky ECU to tune and It may be easier to covert it to a Golf R ECU software to do so.

The things that put me off DD was that it would be a 4 hour trip each way to drop/pick up the car, they needed for a week and they've never done a Superb.

So far in the UK, I've only known 2 tuner who've successfully tuned a MK3, VRS Performance who tuned Darth and it wasnt Ecotune as it was lead to believe and JBS Auto design - Both tuners are about 2 hours one way 

I spoke to both tuner and decided on JBS as they were open and honest and didn't try to up sell me anything!  I even spoke to MRC but after speaking to the Admin person she put me off and also they have soem sort of issue tuning Littco Turbos.

Also realised how much misinformation is spread and there are loads of "happy" dyno figures being blasted about.

At one point I was even going to change the turbo to a TTV4 or a Venom550 but couldnt justify the expensive for the gains.

To achieve the power the L500 will need to be ran at 2.1bar!

• 2 weeks later...

JBS is only a few miles from me. It would be interesting to find out what they've done to other superbs, as I can't find any info on them.

The words used on a review of their handy work a few weeks ago weren't too kind.

So just got the car back today, absolutely fantastic service from the guys! 

My hpfp seized and I had to buy a new for the stage 3 tuning and sorted out a coolant leak aswell. 

Whilst on the dyno, 1 of the front tyres delaminated from the inner side and caused a blow out and totally destroyed the wheel arch. Which in turn damaged the back of the passenger side Headlight, sidesill and panel mounts. They did their best to resolve all the issues and the car back to road worthy. Can't thank them enough. 

Also they have been open and honest about everything and helping me save money by not buying unnecessary parts. 

Edited by Awesam

It only took 1 incident and it projected into a downward spiral!  Im hoping that I can pull myself back up from it now.

Anyone know any good bodyshops in the midlands?  Also need to source a passenger side headlight!

WOW, that's some luck you're having with this car, incredible...

On the upside, that's a healthy torque curve you're getting there 😄  spool up not late at all for the larger turbo and the overall power delivery seems very linear, well done!

You have to borrow/get a Dragy and measure 100-200km/h times now, I bet it should be in low 8s

The lads at JBS did a fantastic job tuning it. Only running at 2.0bar so it will be reliable. 

I actually got slight wheelspin on acceleration once the power kicks in and that was in drive mode. 

5 minutes ago, Awesam said:

The lads at JBS did a fantastic job tuning it. Only running at 2.0bar so it will be reliable. 

I actually got slight wheelspin on acceleration once the power kicks in and that was in drive mode. 

No doubt, that's the numbers you should be seeing with this turbo 👍

Should feel savage above 4K rpm and I imagine the whole experience must only feel "weirder" being inside a Superb 😄  love it!

I need to get the geometry / coilover setup properly before I start trying beat any speed records lol

Can't wait to surprise a few M3 drivers! 

There's a few people stating ridiculous power figures this turbo which needs to be taken with a pinch of salt! 

On 15/12/2021 at 14:48, Awesam said:

It only took 1 incident and it projected into a downward spiral!  Im hoping that I can pull myself back up from it now.

Anyone know any good bodyshops in the midlands?  Also need to source a passenger side headlight!

Whereabouts in Midlands?