SE-L vs Sportline

I'm having problems deciding between the two.  The Sportline looks better but it is shame it doesn't have full leather seats.

An important question  - Is the inside roof colour dark on the Sportline?  As that would make it way too gloomy inside

The alcantara in the SEL and Sportline is way better than slippy, hot in the summer and cold in the winter, ( till they heat up) in the winter leather seats.

The Sportline has a lot standard that make it the better deal than adding options to a SEL.

Yes the headlining is black in the Sportline but wouldn’t say it’s gloomy, you could always add the sunroof.

I currently have a SEL but have ordered a facelift Sportline this time.

Edited by Kenny R

Cheers, Kenny.

I've had both the alcantara (Octavia) and leather (current Kodiaq SE L) and do prefer the leather. Never found it at all slippy or too hot or too cold tbh.

Sunroof just pushes the price up a lot for something I don't want/need.

I'm really tempted by the Sportline to at least make it a little different from my current SE L.

Alcantara is way nicer than leather IMHO. Dark headliner is a non-issue, with colour strips on the door and dash, and low level lighting in the footwells it is plenty light enough.

Having had both full leather and part leather/ part alacantra in a number of cars over the years I'd definitely go for alacantra. So much more comfortable in any climate. As for gloomy inside, never noticed - perhaps because I'm too busy looking where I'm going and enjoying the ride! Oh, Sportline every day of the week!

From what I’ve seen - if rear view camera is important to you then I think it’s part of standard spec on Sportline. Infotainment system is slightly upgraded too (larger screen).

When it comes to resale value I always assume (perhaps wrongly) that optional extras are essentially ignored by pricing engines and therefore the more you get in the base spec of the car the more likely

you are to have the value of those items picked up in future valuations. Am open to hearing counter viewpoints of course! 

• Thanks 1

You've persuaded me strongly to the Sportline  :)  

What colours have you gone for.  I'm choosing between:

Graphite grey metallic - though this looks very dreary from the pics.  Combined with the dark interior it might all look very gloomy.

Meteor grey - I like this better and it seems it would set off the black sport styling well.  However, it is a solid colour rather than metallic...would this make it look cheaper/not as good as a metallic...?

Velvet Red metallic -  Tempting and looks great but I'm concerned it will be too bling/boy racer.

Can't view any in showrooms yet which is annoying.

I went Race blue, think it suits the Sportline. Pondered Meteor grey, but every Audi/ VW seem to be this primer :) colour and I think it will go out of fashion quickly.

I also thought of White again but my current Kodiaq and previous Yeti have been white and thought time for a change. Certainly been easy to spot the big white beast in a crowded car park, hope the blue is as easy.

I quite liked the Velvet red but Mrs R doesn’t like red cars and says they’re almost invisible when it’s dark.

Don’t forget the Velvet red is a £380 option.

Edited by Kenny R

Colour is a very personal choice. But maybe also consider which colours likely to hide scratches better. A metallic Grey is the halfway house between silver (great to hide scratches) and black (nightmare). I don’t personally think the exterior colour has much bearing on the light levels inside. 

Keep in mind from what I’ve seen, sportline has a lot of exterior black trim (eg roof bars) - so think about how well that might sit alongside your colour choice. 

1 hour ago, Waspattack said:

You've persuaded me strongly to the Sportline  :)

What colours have you gone for.  I'm choosing between:

Graphite grey metallic - though this looks very dreary from the pics.  Combined with the dark interior it might all look very gloomy.

Meteor grey - I like this better and it seems it would set off the black sport styling well.  However, it is a solid colour rather than metallic...would this make it look cheaper/not as good as a metallic...?

Velvet Red metallic -  Tempting and looks great but I'm concerned it will be too bling/boy racer.

Can't view any in showrooms yet which is annoying.

If you like them all, why not ask the dealer which colour of the three he sells most of?

That way you can pick a popular colour that's likely to hold it's value well, or a less popular colour that means you'll have a less common car. (Or see if he'll do you a deal on a particular colour?)

Unpopular colours can really dent a cars value (my car is white, and I don't think it will help the resale value) but all those three you fancy seem like good colours.

But of the three you state, Graphite Grey would be my choice.

Yep, red is now out because although on the promo pics on the Skoda website and configurator it looks like a classy, darker red I think the reality (looking at actual photos/youtube of velvet red) is that it is a bright red.

not concerned on future value, as it will be a lease.

If I were to choose the Sportline I would be torn between Race Blue and Meteor Grey.  I think both suit the car well.

I went for a Graphite Grey SEL as I think it suits that car better than any of the others.  For me it downplays the black plastic skirt (which I really don't like), blends in a bit better.  Not as much as black obviously but black is a pain to clean!

I actually don't think the black skirt affects the look of the Sportline much (if at all).  Kindof suits the character a bit more.  

I went for the Meteor Grey. I liked the colour, it looks good on the Sportline IMO. And as it's a lighter colour I figured it would help to keep the car interior cool. But it's all down to personal choice. No big black skirts on the sportline which I think gives it cleaner lines.

356CDCBE-A618-44C7-AEC9-F7BB4938ABB4.jpeg

E37928DA-EA95-4684-8A33-23D05CA76343.jpeg

1A7A0BA8-6F1B-413A-BF24-353C3BF23452.jpeg

68D0BD12-89D6-4FEE-8060-A987E499F6AE.jpeg

23FF248D-6F69-4BF2-95AE-C9F466261460.jpeg

4CCDC787-49C4-4C05-96AD-4769A441CCBB.jpeg

4477EA3F-82DA-4D35-BE66-4AC6483A1A20.jpeg

Edited by MarkN901
Photos added

2 hours ago, MarkN901 said:

I went for the Meteor Grey. I liked the colour, it looks good on the Sportline IMO. And as it's a lighter colour I figured it would help to keep the car interior cool. But it's all down to personal choice. No big black skirts on the sportline which I think gives it cleaner lines.

356CDCBE-A618-44C7-AEC9-F7BB4938ABB4.jpeg

E37928DA-EA95-4684-8A33-23D05CA76343.jpeg

1A7A0BA8-6F1B-413A-BF24-353C3BF23452.jpeg

68D0BD12-89D6-4FEE-8060-A987E499F6AE.jpeg

23FF248D-6F69-4BF2-95AE-C9F466261460.jpeg

4CCDC787-49C4-4C05-96AD-4769A441CCBB.jpeg

4477EA3F-82DA-4D35-BE66-4AC6483A1A20.jpeg

Do you have wheel spacers fitted, or do the Sportline wider wheels  stick out a bit more and not look like they are tucked into the arches, especially the rear, as my current SEL is.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for the SE L as the sportline just pushing the monthly price up too much.. not exactly the same, but coming from a meteor grey superb sportline I was worried about the SE L lacking the sporty feel inside.. but having had the SE L for just over a month it's great. I don't miss the steering wheel, larger infotainment or black headlining.. I agree about the 1/2 leather.. never too hot or cold.. Kodiaq is a big lump for meteor grey.. I went for quartz grey and really like it..  would prob go for black in a sportline for that Darth Vader look..