Radio code

Hello,

So I may have stupidly bought a columbus radio off a guy who said he wasn't sure what the code was, he did tell me that the radio had an intermittent 3 second freezing which didn't really concern me. 

I've tried out a few places to get the code for the radio, and all of them refunded me with the same message "skoda server offline", does this suggest that the radio was stolen and is now flagged? Or is it really offline? I've tried contacting the people i paid to get the code from and they never responded back... 

5 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Return it to whoever you bought it from and get a refund?

I am not too concerned with the £30 that I paid for it

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bradleycarroll said:

Happened to get mine sorted for free when I tried https://www.radiocodeking.co.uk/renault-radio-codes for my Captur radio. They offer it for free using the code: freeforall. There's for Skoda too so definitely worth a try as its for free.

Thanks, tried it and it doesn't work :doh: 

So I'm guessing this means I bought a stolen unit... Ah well at least it was only £30

"Hello,

Hope you are well. We apologise but we are temporarily not offering 

Skoda codes at the moment. It will be available soon and we will let you 

know.

Best regards!"

• 1 month later...

Plenty of websites do it for cheap and if it's the original radio the dealer should be able to. In my country it's free given the license plate. Idk about your country though. 

9 minutes ago, williamms said:

Hi all, I recently bought a Fabia but it come without code for the radio. I've found that there is possible to get the code from the serial.  Can anybody help?

Serial: SKZ1Z2I8263893

Many thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, williamms said:

Hi all, I recently bought a Fabia but it come without code for the radio. I've found that there is possible to get the code from the serial.  Can anybody help?

Serial: SKZ1Z2I8263893

Many thanks!

Hi williamms, check ebay or google it. I've personnaly used https://freeradiocodes.co.uk/skoda-radio-code when I needed mines and it went just 👌

• Like 1

• 2 years later...