Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

30 minutes ago, soussi said:

Juli 2021? Then he is very lucky it has been built and comes on the 'to finish' list.

You could try the Skoda chat on the website. They were quite helpful until their system 'went down' about 3-4 weeks ago. As mine is at the dealers I haven't tried recently, but it may be up again now.

44 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

You could try the Skoda chat on the website. They were quite helpful until their system 'went down' about 3-4 weeks ago. As mine is at the dealers I haven't tried recently, but it may be up again now.

I cannot use it as i dont have an order number, just the information from the dealer. And i was told latest an estimate somewhere in 2022 as a build date

4 minutes ago, soussi said:

I cannot use it as i dont have an order number, just the information from the dealer. And i was told latest an estimate somewhere in 2022 as a build date

Still may be able to as they only need the dealer and your name. They should be able to track from that. When I first got in touch with them I only had the dealer order number, not the factory order number. But they tracked it down, and I now have both numbers.

1 hour ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I will give that I try thanks.

1 hour ago, soussi said:

Juli 2021? Then he is very lucky it has been built and comes on the 'to finish' list.

Yes July 2021, I only recently appreciated there was such I supply problem. When I bought mine at the end of February - supplied 1st March, I had a choice of 4 built Sportline's already in the UK available for immediate delivery, I just had a limited choice of colours.

1 hour ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Still may be able to as they only need the dealer and your name. They should be able to track from that. When I first got in touch with them I only had the dealer order number, not the factory order number. But they tracked it down, and I now have both numbers.

Ah did not know that. Hopefully they can help me out eventho i am not from the UK. Will check the website when the chat window is available and report back if i contacted them.

Latest from Skoda chat:

Good Morning, we hope you are doing well. We're sorry to say that we will no longer be able to provide you with order updates at this time. Going forward we would require you to get your order updates directly from your Retailer, this is to ensure you get the most accurate information as each Retailer receives communication from our Factory regarding the orders they currently have.

Sounds like the live chat team have given up. Pretty poor service from Skoda.

Still no update on my car, still sitting in the same status and in parking lot somewhere.  Dealer has no idea when the status might change.  Now thinking that I might go back to the Hyundai dealer for a new Tucson as there are no delays with them and can get in a couple of weeks.  Really wanted a change but I do not really want to wait until the new year and then a new model is announced before I get delivery!!

4 hours ago, RapidPaul said:

Latest from Skoda chat:

Good Morning, we hope you are doing well. We're sorry to say that we will no longer be able to provide you with order updates at this time. Going forward we would require you to get your order updates directly from your Retailer, this is to ensure you get the most accurate information as each Retailer receives communication from our Factory regarding the orders they currently have.

Sounds like the live chat team have given up. Pretty poor service from Skoda.

Quite why Skoda haven't gone down the route of simply providing a status page you can login to like other VAG product sort of baffles me. I'm well aware that Skoda, VW, Audi all likely use different backend systems which will be different to integrate with and I'm willing to bet that the poor individuals behind the chat windows are being hammered throughout their day. I work in the area of improving the end-customer experience and it's little things like this which will catch them out long term because the customer will simply class their buying experience as poor. They don't differentiate Skoda CS chat and the dealers as different entities - they are one Skoda. 

What I feel needs to happen with the backlog customers is that they need to start receiving more detailed information. I.e. "Your car is in an airfield awaiting parts x y and z. The estimate for these parts is x days/weeks". There needs to be a better process now. Being told "your car is mid production" over and over via a chat mechanism or contact via your dealer is a stupendous waste of time. Just needs an order checking portal!

• Like 1

I e-mailed them as the chat was hopeless to use. Got a respond to my e-mail and also redirected to dealer for accurate information. I think they are flooded with demands and everything is halted anyway so no info to give and probably also not that accurate with the system downtime.

Edited by soussi

Indeed this seems very backward.  In the mid1980's I did some work for Vauxhall at Luton building front-end interface to the order/production systems so that a dealer could log in and get information as to exactly what stage the vehicle build was at on the production line in real time.  It really wasn't that difficult and only needed a restricted set of commands to the production systems.  As an aside did you know that when a vehicle came off the line and into the holding car park ownership was acquired by GMAC (General Motors Acceptance Corporation) and it's them who dealers dealt with from then on.

Skoda UK the Importer is not one Skoda it is just part of VW UK really.

Call handlers, communication managers & Senior Customer Resolution Managers like Kate Laws are just employees that are part of a rather poor set up in the UK where treating customers like mushrooms has got worse in the past decade.

Keep them in the dark and when required shovel them some sh!t.

• Like 1

Well, what a surprise!  Dealer just got back i touch to say that my car has left the factory and is on it's way to the port in Holland so depending on the boat situation it will be one to two weeks.  I can now get the current Tucson ready for sale.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lussac said:

Well, what a surprise!  Dealer just got back i touch to say that my car has left the factory and is on it's way to the port in Holland so depending on the boat situation it will be one to two weeks.  I can now get the current Tucson ready for sale.

Funny you should say that. I also found out this afternoon (after moaning above) that mine is status 30 and also on its way. We are probably on the same boat!

Edited by Seymansey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lussac said:

Unusual! I thought that they went through Emden, which is in Germany.

• Like 1

Email from dealer this morning, my car is now in the UK.  Not sure whether it's Sheerness or Grimsby as both had RO-RO arrivals in the last 3 days.

Sods law but I will be away from home Wednesday to Saturday next week so if arrives before then it will have to wait for me at the dealer for a change!

Well that was quick. I guess accurate order tracking is out of the window now and they are just throwing them out of the factory. 

Regarding the prices. I'm leasing mine, and I have an invoice of the costs I'll need to pay for the car. I've had no indication that the price I've been quoted for monthlies and final value will be any different.