Skoda Kamiq footrest

There's no OEM footrest for Kamiq and Scala. 

But you can do it yourself. Just buy the one, dedicated for Octavia/Golf, cut the side clips and fill the back side using the hot melt glue. When you get the flat surface then stick the self adhesive hook&loop tape.

See attached photo of mine

20210322-173620.jpg

PODSTOPNICA-ZE-STALI-5E1064209-SKODA-ORYGINAL.jpeg

Thank mate. One more question would be... I see that you have the sport pedals. I read that because the sides are metal the foot can slip off, especially jf you touch just the side of the brake pedal in an emergency. Do you have the same issues?

I've already drove 11,000 km with it and have not noticed any problems with the grip of the pedals. The weather conditions in Poland are more and more similar to the English ones :D Especially autumn and winter on central part of my country.

Edited by LexLuthor

Alright mate, good to know.

I remember you also gave me more info regarding high beam assist.  Both you and another person recommended two different ways of activating it but from my understanding it would end the warranty...

What elses did you customize about your Kamiq? I want to put the footrest you did so far and try to get the dealer to activate the damn high beam assisf.

It's offtopic but I've turn on the dimming of the interior light, Virtual Cockpit RS theme, auto unlock with DSG Park position, adaptive lane Assist (Kamiq keeps the middle od the lane, not bounce), DRL off with the handbrake and high beam assist. 

Going to Skoda service point I'll change the VC theme and turn off the ALA and HBA on Bolero head unit.

1 hour ago, darkace said:

Thank mate. One more question would be... I see that you have the sport pedals. I read that because the sides are metal the foot can slip off, especially jf you touch just the side of the brake pedal in an emergency. Do you have the same issues?

I thought that but my sons Ford Puma has metal pedals and my shoes gripped the metal surfaces ok. Rubbers can be made polished and smooth by use and then the hassle of replacing pedal rubbers

If I change the skin of VC of Scala is there late will be option to revers it in the Bolero? Or I have to do it again trought the obdeleven? And is there any way to find out if our car is protected agains any changes. It is model 2021. Thanks

16 hours ago, LexLuthor said:

There's no OEM footrest for Kamiq and Scala. 

But you can do it yourself. Just buy the one, dedicated for Octavia/Golf, cut the side clips and fill the back side using the hot melt glue. When you get the flat surface then stick the self adhesive hook&loop tape.

See attached photo of mine

20210322-173620.jpg

PODSTOPNICA-ZE-STALI-5E1064209-SKODA-ORYGINAL.jpeg

My recent Kamiq has a footrest fitted

My 2021 has no footrest, just carpet. Can you show what you have?

As far as OBDleven goes, there are many things from it I want to do as well but I am worried about the warranty, as I see Skodas ( especially the Octavias ) are riddled with problems.

33 minutes ago, Wiegott said:

If I change the skin of VC of Scala is there late will be option to revers it in the Bolero? Or I have to do it again trought the obdeleven? And is there any way to find out if our car is protected agains any changes. It is model 2021. Thanks

You have to code the classic view via OBD11 or VCDS. No option in Bolero unit.

AFAIK Kamiq isn't protected with SFD. If it's problem to code something just try to open bonnet.

Cheers

6 hours ago, darkace said:

My 2021 has no footrest, just carpet. Can you show what you have?

As far as OBDleven goes, there are many things from it I want to do as well but I am worried about the warranty, as I see Skodas ( especially the Octavias ) are riddled with problems.

DSCF1697 Kamiq Footrest 1.5 dsg.jpg

That's looking very different from what I have. Mine looks identical to lex's but without the aluminium plate.

From what I can see, you have a RHD model. I think they added that piece there for the RHD models and didn't bother making it like the LHD models. It seems *stuck-on*. If you have time and are interested in looking into this further, does your left passenger have a footrest? If they do, I just think it's because they didn't bother mirroring the car footrest to the right and just added a plastic thing there...

@gumdrop

@LexLuthor

On 25/08/2021 at 04:03, LexLuthor said:

Nope, obd eleven.

Seeing you are into OBDEleven could you look into this for me. Im trying to get speed signs in my dash area and have got it enabled but cant figure out one bit of coding

5F Adaptation  Vehicle function BAP.   traffic sign recognition _0x21_msg_bus      What is it set on?

Also 17 Dashboard  Roadside sign detection  Is it yes or no??

Thanks   It works in the map originally but not in the dash even though I have got a line saying "Show in dash display" ( or similar) and it doesnt show up in the Assist menu or in the pic of the car and its assist  icons

Edited by Exkiwi
spelling

Hi Exkiwi,

I haven't sign recognition (Bolero unit) and I didn't try to enable it.

I've checked my adaptation and:

5F Adaptation

Vehicle function BAP

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 Not activated

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus Not activated (OBD11 forum says: Databus Extended)

17 Long coding

Roadside sign detection No (OBD11 forum says: Module 17, Then go to Coding, Long Coding, Byte 5, activate Bit 2)

Did you try to reset head unit by pressing Off button longer than 10 seconds?

12 minutes ago, LexLuthor said:

Hi Exkiwi,

I haven't sign recognition (Bolero unit) and I didn't try to enable it.

I've checked my adaptation and:

5F Adaptation

Vehicle function BAP

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 Not activated

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus Not activated (OBD11 forum says: Databus Extended)

17 Long coding

Roadside sign detection No (OBD11 forum says: Module 17, Then go to Coding, Long Coding, Byte 5, activate Bit 2)

Did you try to reset head unit by pressing Off button longer than 10 seconds?

Yeah followed what I did on my Tiguan and it all worked except it didnt show in the dash display      Got an error for TSR so set it back to normal and it works but only in the NAV display.

After coding it it gave an extra line in the settings for the instrument cluster to allow it to be shown and despite restarting and everything it wont work in display. Not to worry   will live with it.

THanks

On 25/08/2021 at 17:04, darkace said:

That's looking very different from what I have. Mine looks identical to lex's but without the aluminium plate.

From what I can see, you have a RHD model. I think they added that piece there for the RHD models and didn't bother making it like the LHD models. It seems *stuck-on*. If you have time and are interested in looking into this further, does your left passenger have a footrest? If they do, I just think it's because they didn't bother mirroring the car footrest to the right and just added a plastic thing there...

@gumdrop

@LexLuthor

If you look at the photo closely the footrest looks to have a bolt/screw holding it in place.

Regarding the passenger footwell there is no duplicate footrest, moulded or otherwise.