Koni FSD Dampers - Availability?

It is not the spring travel I am concerned about, but the extra mass that the vRS has over the front wheels. A small difference in spring travel wont cause problems, but the other thing to consider is spring rate. Higher rates need different damping to lower rates. Any idea which model these shocks are originally specified for?

The way I'm looking at it now is that the Eibach uprated dampeners that (almost) everyone has on their vRS's and are giving thumbs up about on here are the same for the whole fabia range (vRS and non-RS).

So with springs of the right rate the FSD's should still work better than the OEM ones even if only designed for the standard fabias (though maybe not as good as one designed specifically for the vRS).

Koni do an adjustable dampener for the Fabia which they advise giving a harder setting on the fronts. Apart from that I don't know of any dampeners specifically for the RS, unless you go for coilovers.

All of which tells me that the FSD's should (mechanically) work fine on the RS, even if designed for the standard fabias. It's just travel I'm worried about when combined with the uprated, lower, Eibach springs. However, the OEM springs shouldn't be a problem.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koni do an adjustable dampener for the Fabia which they advise giving a harder setting on the fronts. Apart from that I don't know of any dampeners specifically for the RS' date=' unless you go for coilovers.

[/quote']

That will probably be the one for me then. Only trouble I can see with that is the box of electrickery on top of the turret under the bonnet interfering with the top adjuster if it is this type.

Chris

Hi Chris

These are adjustable on the fronts.

You have a plastic key type thing that adjuststhem for you while they are still on the car.

The rears are adjustable off the car.

So if you decide they are too harsh or soft then they have to come off for adjustments.

I still think that you NEED these FSD`s

These will give you smooth driving but when you decide to push it , it can handle that too.

Sarah

Hi guys just seen this thread. I've booked my car in for Tuesday at Dubsport. The furby is getting revo'd, eibachs and the koni fsd's. Let's just hope it's all worth it! Will write up a review once I've driven the car a few days once fitted.

Hi guys just seen this thread. I've booked my car in for Tuesday at Dubsport. The furby is getting revo'd, eibachs and the koni fsd's. Let's just hope it's all worth it! Will write up a review once I've driven the car a few days once fitted.

Awesome :thumbup:

Would love to hear how the FSD/Eibach combo works. My savings account won't, but who cares!

• 2 months later...

Koni and Eibach Develop Integrated Suspension Partnership

By Press Release: Koni North America

Aug 2, 2006, 10:56

HEBRON, KY

As I've said before, the FSD's and Eibach's are a great combo. The ride is fidgety slightly on bumps but compared to coilovers or just springs its so much better. Less bodyroll and nose dive too. Plus the suspension will outlast the car!

• 6 months later...

I was wonder how people are finding the eibach/FSD combo after so long?

Having read this thread several times it seems the FSD's arnt specifically designed for the vRS but for the whole fabia range. So is this noticeable on the heavier vRS?