Replacing indicator repeaters

RickG

Hi, new member here. The car has recently failed it's MOT partly for a non working offside indicator repeater in the mirror. Having looked online for the required part-an led unit, and advice on changing it I am having problems sourcing this part. Before I try the dreaded main dealer option can anyone advise me on alternative sources. The motor is a 2011 4x4 2l without a puddle lamp. Many thanks.

4 hours ago, weasley said:

I also wouldn’t write off Skoda dealers - in the past I have been pleasantly surprised how competitive their prices are.

I'd second that having had to replace a couple of bits recently. And the other thing is with a Skoda dealer the onus is on them to order the right part(s) for your particular car which should eliminate the risk of mistakenly ordering the wrong bit with all the hassles of returns and re-ordering. 

• Like 1

Update- got the part and today with the help of all the previous posts on this subject changed it. It still didn't work and it's the b****y door loom that's causing the issues. Doh! Next step is ordering a door loom. 

• Sad 1