Replacement Battery

Brijo

No, fitted one on mine and they just disconnected the old one and re-connected the new one....(the girl off reception did it while I watched)......I spoke to the Indy that did it, and apparently it's a bit of a myth that you need to do any "programming"....(2015 1.4 L&K)...

• Like 1

If it's got Stop Start then normally a reset of the BMS, aka coding, is done.

I've heard lots of chat of if it's the same battery type ie AGM, EFB and same Ah rating then it not required/not so important.

But personally why not do it anyway, takes all of 5 minutes to do. I personally always do it when swapping stop/start batteries.

• Like 2

Well, I fitted my new Varta ok but:-

ESC, traction control lights, ESC warning message and TPMS flashing.

Turned the car round and it cleared the first 3

TPMS light still flashing, despite double checking pressures and attempting to reset ( it won't, no beep)

Any ideas? 2015

TPMS light still flashing, despite double checking pressures and attempting to reset ( it won't, no beep)

Any ideas? 2015

Any ideas? 2015

What does a fault scan show ?

I'm assuming these faults were all clear before. I'm surprised a 'Clear all DTCs' does not clear out any battery swapped codes, or do they immediately come back in ?

Did you reset the BMS OK with the battery swap ?

I will drive it round in the snow tomorrow and see if the TPMS sorts itself out. The others did from reveresi my the car off the drive and back again.

Actually, just seen a YouTube video of an Octavia where you reset all the lights above after a battery change by turning the wheel full lock to full lock.

Edited by Prezafab

If you look back you'll see my reference to one of the little gizmos that provide a small 12 volt supply to the car (via the 12 voly power socket/ciggie lighter) and prevents any possibility of loss of data or settings.

I suugest the use of such a thing in future.

No, you are alright thanks. We're on our 6th Yeti and they're not that sophisticated really compared with a lot of current cars. It sorted itself out after a short run to the petrol station. No flashing TPMS as it's self-calibrated. The only setting we had to make was the clock. 

Normal Yeti service resumed!

• Like 1