Mk1 Octavia VRS Estate

Endoof

On 09/11/2021 at 16:47, DeanVRS20VT said:

I reckon the door sill and it’s creating a puddle on the bottom of the door and trickling down.

So, get a bucket or hose. Sit in the car and get someone to poor water until you see it coming in. 

Pour the water where? over the door? 

See i'm confused because the water isnt up the sides of the footwell, its spreading from the middle outwards if you get what im saying?

• 2 months later...

Been a while lads eh? 

Not the biggest of updates, will have a mega one next weekend hopefully but fitted my wiper delete that ive waited 8 months for.

Cant really notice any cosmetic benefit at the mo as the car is F I L T H Y.. waiting for new seals from Skoda Parts before i take a jet wash to it. 

Screenshot_2022-02-06-14-55-47-40_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.a29d71a7a3eeacd80780f44e7891a166.jpg

Next weekend providing the weathers good will see me and a mate doing the SAI, N249 and N112 deletes aswell as fitting my creation motorsports oversized TIP, a Ramair induction kit with heat sheild, finally fitting my topmpunts and giving the old girl an oil change. 

Busy weekend ahead, hoping that reading Bowders' delete guide about 7 times will benefit the process 😂😂

Ciao 🤙🏻

• Like 2

Goodies have arrived. 

I'm well aware of the stigma surrounding induction kits not benefitting stock cars however, for the time being the sound will be worth it and it saves buying one when the car goes in for mapping! 

Just under £100 from their website, comes with breather filter aswell as an aluminium housing? Sheild? Whatever the correct term is which S H O U L D prevent heat soak to some extent.. worst case ill buy some of that flashy reflective gold tape to help

Just waiting for my SAI plate from forge and oversized TIP to complete the trilogy of purchases.

Screenshot_2022-02-07-20-50-40-76_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.cb79e0360e4087f652d598a7840d9e0e.jpg

Edited by Endoof
  • Like 2

And the trilogy of purchases is complete! 

Creation Motorsports oversized tip to work with the ko3s and standard 70mm MAF aswell as my SAI blanking kit

First impressions are good, definitely meets the criteria of oversized being 70mm all the way down to the turbo inlet. Feels smooth down the main hose all the way down to the turbo inlet (well, as far as my hand could reach) and is alot stiffer than i expected. 

Decent! 

Screenshot_2022-02-08-17-57-12-36_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.da59e64ee0eb040bf5224285239ee952.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Enjoy fitting that! Let us know if you notice any improvements. 

Going off other posts, i'm not looking forward to it 😂 however the gains pre and post map will be worth it

On 07/02/2022 at 20:51, Endoof said:

....comes with breather filter aswell as an aluminium housing? Sheild? Whatever the correct term is which S H O U L D prevent heat soak to some extent.. worst case ill buy some of that flashy reflective gold tape to help

Screenshot_2022-02-07-20-50-40-76_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.cb79e0360e4087f652d598a7840d9e0e.jpg]

Once fitted you could add a cold air feed a bit like mine.  It works well and I've never had any issues with water getting into the filter the via pipe.  Just don't drive through any really deep water and you'll be okay.

Also, please excuse the state of the engine bay, it's my daily driver and winter has taken it's toll on what is normally a reasonably clean bay.

PXL_20220212_144109690.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Edited by skinnyman

• Administrators
2 hours ago, skinnyman said:

Once fitted you could add a cold air feed a bit like mine.

When you're bored of the R-Tech heat shield, I'll take it off your hands. 😄👍

• Haha 1

Well its in

IMG_20220212_174904.thumb.jpg.060549d73a60dc5f21b0a723a1473421.jpg

The sound is incredible, throttle response feels abit better aswell but barely noticeable.

However whilst fitting it, saw this, anyone know the reason why its like this or what the white stuff even is?

Screenshot_2022-02-12-12-11-59-44_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.af04afd0477fd8b354fc07859c0ef288.jpg

All in all decent enough, didnt get a chance to fit the TIP or do the SAI, N249, N112 deletes as england reverted to type and ****ed it down.

39 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Looks like the coolant temperature sensor and it has been leaking.

So will it just be a case of replacing with a new seal? Or could it be something more of a bigger issue? 

• Administrators

Clean up the sensor if it's working ok, clean the CTS housing too, and buy a new oring and clip from Skoda. Worse case is that it may be cracked so a new housing is needed. Easily purchased and can be had from Just German Parts on eBay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Clean up the sensor if it's working ok, clean the CTS housing too, and buy a new oring and clip from Skoda. Worse case is that it may be cracked so a new housing is needed. Easily purchased and can be had from Just German Parts on eBay.

Great, more cracked coolant hoses.. ill never understand why manufacturers never just make this stuff out of bloody metal??? 

On another note, lil video for those on the fence about buying a ram air kit lol (excuse the quality, had to compress the video 4 times so)

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Endoof said:

On another note, lil video for those on the fence about buying a ram air kit lol (excuse the quality, had to compress the video 4 times so)

Welcome to our yobo world! I'm such a child, but I can't help hearing the Wohhhhtshhhhh!

14 hours ago, Endoof said:

Great, more cracked coolant hoses.. ill never understand why manufacturers never just make this stuff out of bloody metal??? 

And, to be fair, they have lasted 15+ years. And new OEM ones will last that again.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

I bought this one as mine was past its best. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142407385975

I then got a genuine sensor from Skoda and it's been fine since. 

17 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

When you're bored of the R-Tech heat shield, I'll take it off your hands. 😄👍

From what I can gather, they're not available anymore and I've never seen one for sale second hand.  Mind you, I'm not on Facebook so maybe they come up on the owners club on there?  I'll hang onto mine for now if that's okay?😁

On 12/02/2022 at 19:46, Endoof said:

Sounds awesome bud! It's what powers the VRS addiction! 😂

Don't be too disheartened about the coolant flange. I see that you've purchased a SAI blanking plate?

You'll need to remove that flange in order to fit the plate anyway so it's not all bad news.

Makes sense to renew it at the same time as it's a common failure. I'd replace the coolant sensor and rubber o-ring at the same time also. 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Well, done the SAI delete, wasnt planning on doing the N249 and N112 yet but was chopping pipes to remove SAI and chopped the pipes for those 2 so ended up removing them anyway. 

IMG20220226132846.thumb.jpg.a12ffdf7a6014592eec334af6ca67036.jpg

IMG20220226135142.thumb.jpg.61a226abdceb3a633b9e7e9d9773158d.jpg

Accidentally cut the pipe coming off the TIP for the EVAP system though (the other end of the pipe my fingers are holding)  wasnt entirely sure if i could still drive the car but tried it and seems to run OK so will finish the evap simplification another day now. 

IMG20220226133650.thumb.jpg.061e93c00922bdde2f68b6c9dd2fed1e.jpg

One thing however, its weird to explain bit its like the clutch has got.. grippier? Basically cant pull off how i used to pull off as itd stall the car, any reason for this? 

Car does feel loads more responsive though now. 

P.s, it wont let me upload pictures, only giving me an upload size of 261kb... Why?  

Edited by Endoof
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Endoof said:

P.s, it wont let me upload pictures, only giving me an upload size of 261kb... Why? 

You're running out of user allocated space for photographs. You can either host your photos via image hosting sites and link them here, or get FREEDOMlite or FREEDOM to get much more space. :)

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

You're running out of user allocated space for photographs. You can either host your photos via image hosting sites and link them here, or get FREEDOMlite or FREEDOM to get much more space. :)

Sorted it, cheers fella 🤙🏻

• Like 1