Light configuration

Hi guys I am a bit confused with the lighting arrangements on the Skoda where it says light assist in the multifunctional screen on the centre console    there is a ((( switch on time   )))  when you press it a box appears with    , early   ,medium  , late        what does this function do , I thought it was if you wanted the lights to come on on when it was getting darker on the auto setting so if it wasn't so dark it come on a little bit later and if it was dark it would come on earlier but I'm a bit confused because somebody just straighten me out out thanks guys

3 hours ago, lway said:

Isn't light Assist to do with the headlights auto switching from high beam to low beam when a car is detected approaching, not to do with the darkness levels when the Auto Lights switch on ?

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/light_assist_en/

Sounds to me like OP is confusing Light Assist with Auto Lights.

• Confused 1

Quite frankly, considering some of the translations between Czech and English, this is not surprising.

You have Auto Lights - the system to switch on headlights depending on light conditions. That can also be called Lights Assist.

The function for Lights Assist in terms of settings is about when the lights turn on. This is where the confusion is. Even worse, that sub menu only pitches up when you enable Highbeam Assist - which gives the impression that it controls the highbeam sensitivity. It doesn't. It controls when the lights switch on. I have mine on Early.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Quite frankly, considering some of the translations between Czech and English, this is not surprising.

You have Auto Lights - the system to switch on headlights depending on light conditions. That can also be called Lights Assist.

The function for Lights Assist in terms of settings is about when the lights turn on. This is where the confusion is. Even worse, that sub menu only pitches up when you enable Highbeam Assist - which gives the impression that it controls the highbeam sensitivity. It doesn't. It controls when the lights switch on. I have mine on Early.

Thanks bud I did assume so but had to have somebody actually confirm yes some of the things are a bit confusing I also think some of these things in the car that assist the driver are unnecessary thank you once again