What are those error indicating?

Looks like the engine and steering wheel?

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll get any idea from just that image. There are many different reasons/faults which could cause them to show. Even the description may not be super useful...

The only way to find out is to read the fault codes from the car :)

If it is a potential purchase, I would also worry about the reliability of the climate control and air conditioning.  It isn’t normal to have both sides set to Lo temperature when it’s only 15.5c outside.   Kind of suggests struggles to keep car cool.

Edited by SurreyJohn

Thank you. Garage said the car is due timing belt and water pump change, so those could be the indications. In regards to climate, I can only check when I have the car delivered. I should have 14 days return option if I find something is wrong. Any advice? 

1 hour ago, OndrejDr said:

Thank you. Garage said the car is due timing belt and water pump change, so those could be the indications. In regards to climate, I can only check when I have the car delivered. I should have 14 days return option if I find something is wrong. Any advice? 

The car doesn't tell you when the timing belt and water pump need replacing, so those errors are separate to that. If the garage can't tell you exactly what the error codes are, I wouldn't trust them in the first instance. 

With known, but indeterminate, issues on the car, I wouldn't be relying on any return option to deal with the situation. Buying sight unseen is always a risk, but buying sight unseen when you know there's issues, but don't know what the issues are, is just asking for trouble. 

8 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

If it is a potential purchase, I would also worry about the reliability of the climate control and air conditioning.  It isn’t normal to have both sides set to Lo temperature when it’s only 15.5c outside.   Kind of suggests struggles to keep car cool.

Far from it, most likely when they QC the car theyll switch to Low to check the air con functionality. Perfectly normal

Regarding the warnings, it could be as simple as "Door open, Bonnet Open, Switch to P gear" can be loads of things that ping up completely normally if the door is open and engine running

9 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

I'm not going out in the rain to check, but I think that the temperature setting with aircon on only goes down to 16C. If the display is showing "LO" then the aircon is off and outside air is coming straight through the vents, at ambient temperature in this case. It is not, therefore, a sign that anything at all is wrong with the aircon. I'm sure I will be corrected in short order if I am talking nonsense!

1 hour ago, ArisaigDavid said:

If the display is showing "LO" then the aircon is off and outside air is coming straight through the vents

Nope, if it's says "lo" it's at maximum cooling, much like "hi" is full heat :)

Still, it saying "lo" doesn't mean there is any fault or issue, just that someone has set the AC to max...

5 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Regarding the warnings, it could be as simple as "Door open, Bonnet Open, Switch to P gear" can be loads of things that ping up completely normally if the door is open and engine running

While the Vehicle Status screen does display a door/bonnet open warning, it doesn’t highlight the engine and steering when it does so. I think the OP is right to query the warnings, as they could be more serious. If they turn out to be innocuous, then great.  But any dealer worth their salt should be able to say exactly what they are one way or the other. 

3A145D95-7856-458A-831F-5FEABE45100B.thumb.jpeg.ba9f741fe87e902c30e42879e7b4e100.jpeg

Edited by GregorSamsa

Thanks for all the insights. The garage told me those warnings are: Oil change and service warning, plus car key battery replacement. They also said they will replace the timing belt and water pump (how do I check this was done?).

I have got a feeling that independent car inspection is the only way forward so I know exactly the state of this car or other car and can make fact based decision. But if someone tells you after they already decided to advertise their car that 
they still need to do service, MOT, replace water pump and timing belt, change oil, top up AC and replace fob battery.... I think it's correct to assume it's better to walk away

To be fair, if they're telling the truth, then all of those are service items, so no need to reject the car.

However I do find it weird that garages don't do all that stuff, before putting the car up for sale. 

Every garage will find hundred of reasons why as soon as the car leaves their premises they don’t want to have anything to do with it anymore. I really don’t understand why people trust garages so blindly.

it’s 2016, Skoda Superb, Diesel 1.6, 50k miles