Friday Afternoon built Octavia

I own a Octavia Elegance 2001 Turbo Deisel 90k on the clock full service history main dealer bought it about 2 years ago. It has been the most expensive car in repairs I have ever owned. This is my 373rd car that I have owned since I bought my first car at the age of 13 now 55. Within a week, seat broke, door locked jammed, cable from door release inside the car snapped and had to be replaced.

Clutch started to judder, replaced clutch etc. New door lock jammed, remote door locks stopped working. CD Player stopped then a week later it started ok.

Garage unable to remove sump plug, sump had to be removed and drilled and tapped. clutch pedal broke new clutch pedal and master cylinder replaced.

Gear box leaking. Door locks key stuck in lock, remote door locks stopped working, Child lock on rear os will not work passenger not able to open door from inside. Rear washer leaking into boot and cd changer, cd player stopped working.

Numerous other expensive to repair items and now air con pump needs to be replaced I have spen about

Sorry to hear it.

I like my octy, but you are correct on the whole very solid, but lots of little things go wrong and the parts are very expensive compared to other marques parts.

You have to pay more for better parts, which is fair enough, just you kind of get the feeling that it isn't filtering down sometimes.

Thats a fair list of faults sadly. I'd just say you are unlucky as I know many owners who have had trouble free motoring for many years. Having worked on many brands in different dealers i'd say no one manufactuer is any better than any others, they all have problems.

Except maybe Citroen, jesus they are ten times worse than anything else...lol

Guest Fabia 12v

shame to hear that, our 2002 octy has been perfect only two faults since new.... both very speedly sorted by dealer under warranty and they were daft little things like a bit of broken trim.

Guess you were unlucky enough to get as u put it 'friday afternoon car'.

Good luck with your future purchase.

where as my 2001 TDi Elegance has had:

- MAF

- n75 value

- Clutch

- Master clucth cylinder

- Turbo

and now needs:

- new disks and pads all round

- new rear shocks (leaking oil)

- new slave cylinder for the clutch

and I have only had the car for a little over a year :-( Certainly cost lots more than my 306 which I had for 3 years previously and only needed a set of pads all round!