Seeing is believing...

The irony is that I'm not bothered about the red stitching and in many ways would be happier with the more understated all black sportline look, however I am bothered about a mix of red and black.  How daft is that!  Must be my OCD coming out. 😁

29 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

Yogi, what is your car's headlining made of please?  Is it 'cloth' or alcantara?

Pretty sure it's just standard cloth - same as all the other Kodiaqs. But anthracite instead of grey/cream/whatever it is, obviously.

Edit: Oh, and mine has a pretty large slab of see-through material too 😉.

Edited by Yogi-Bear

On 28/10/2021 at 09:12, Yogi-Bear said:

Oh, and I should have said this in the first post, but a massive shout-out to Richard @ Heritage Skoda, Gloucester. Very helpful, kept me up to date when there were things to tell me (as per my request), and helped get me a pretty good deal in the first place. Also to Luke for agreeing to up the p/x value on the old car 2 days before collection and to Ross for a smooth handover in Richard's absence.

Thanks guys 👍.

Hi Yogi. I’ve also ordered a VRS from Heritage Skoda Gloucester, Ross was my salesman. I take it you are local? Ordered mine end of November and build looking like end of Feb 22. 

3 hours ago, Dappernut said:

By the looks of it the TSI VRS is going to be quite common.

More common than the TDI version that made absolutely no sense whatsoever? Hardly difficult, nor surprising really.

More common than other variants? I very much doubt it.

More common than R-Line Tiguans? Not a chance... possibly not even more common than the Tiguan R (I've seen several of them already).

Gave mine a proper clean yesterday for the first time since... err... getting it 😮. Forgotten how nice it is when shiny. 1,300 miles so far and loving it more and more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 18:02, Yogi-Bear said:

IMG_0110.thumb.jpeg.f4cc938ce402c738001f9bff0b49676c.jpeg

I'm sold - much better without.

Apparently according to a post on the Kodiaq owners forum, the aero covers are only fitted if requested at pdi. Wheel centre and bolt covers fitted instead.

5F900066-40A5-42C5-AE37-C50D296FF649.webp

31 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

the aero covers are only fitted if requested at pdi. Wheel centre and bolt covers fitted instead.

May very well depend on the dealer. I certainly didn't get asked.

10 hours ago, Dappernut said:

I know I'm in a small minority (of possibly one)

One and a half, at least... I don't dislike them, I just like the wheels without. But as I've yet to get any caps/nut covers, I may well end up putting the aero covers back on after it next gets a clean (hopefully this weekend if the weather is decent).

11 hours ago, Dappernut said:

I know I'm in a small minority (of possibly one) but the more I see the aero covers the more I like them.  🙄  [fx: runs for cover]

Well, if yours doesn’t have them, the guy that posted on the other forum I mentioned above has a full set of aero covers still  in sealed bags that were supplied with his car, and he’s hoping to sell on. :)

The vehicles are often delivered to the dealer without the centre caps or wheel bolt covers fitted. They're bagged-up and stored inside the car during transportation, and fitted by the dealer during the PDI.

It would be interesting to know if this is the same for the vRS i.e. are the aero trims also inside the vehicle?

Also, be aware, a number of owners who have later decided to remove the aero trims have discovered damage to the face of the alloy wheels due to the slight movement of the aero trims whilst being driven.

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

It would be interesting to know if this is the same for the vRS i.e. are the aero trims also inside the vehicle?

Yes, mine were in the boot and fitted by the dealer.

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Also, be aware, a number of owners who have later decided to remove the aero trims have discovered damage to the face of the alloy wheels due to the slight movement of the aero trims whilst being driven.

Hmmm. Not convinced - the trims are plastic and pretty firmly/snugly attached. I don't see how they would move whilst driving and damage the wheel. More likely the wheel was damaged by trying to remove the cover in some odd way, rather than how specified in the manual using the little tool. Or when the covers were fitted by the dealer. Or in transit, and the dealer figured no-one would ever know 'cos the aero covers would, well, cover it up.

I think that's part of the problem, their tight fit plus a bit of grit or brake dust is enough to mar the paint on the wheels.

At least two owners on Facebook reporting damage, with one pursuing a warranty claim.

2 hours ago, Dappernut said:

New Karoq appears to have aero wheel covers too (at least in some specs/countries).

Every gram of co2 saved counts... even if it's just in lab testing 😁.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2022 at 20:07, Kenny R said:

Apparently according to a post on the Kodiaq owners forum, the aero covers are only fitted if requested at pdi. Wheel centre and bolt covers fitted instead.

5F900066-40A5-42C5-AE37-C50D296FF649.webp

That's mine 🤣🤣🤣

Hi Kenny 😁😁

Oh and yes I still have the covers for sale 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Krazy_Kracker said:

Cheese Graters not installed as requested. 
Part No.s below ordered through Skoda;

Happy 😃 

E0067E28-3821-4C45-85CC-FB6D75CF64FC.jpeg

D7AE6B2B-5391-423F-A135-CF6BF58FB993.jpeg

Perfection!!! How it should be. Looks great against the red callipers too

• Thanks 1