Opening Bonnet From Fully Closed If Battery Is Dead?

Hi.

Is it possible to open the bonnet (from fully closed) on the Skoda Superb MK2 without opening the doors?

If so, is it fairly easy to do?

(I'm thinking of a worse case scenario where my battery is so flat that I can't unlock the doors.)

Edited by 2006edr

Must admit I wouldn’t be overly happy at this sort of potential security info being put on a public forum, even though it is in the manual.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Must admit I wouldn’t be overly happy at this sort of potential security info being put on a public forum, even though it is in the manual.  

???. The vehicle key is still required to open the door, it's not like using a paperclip.

Surely it's only a "potential security"  if you lose your key in which case the vehicle is actually insecure?

AndyW

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

I see your point, but the info is in official Skoda owner's manuals and does require access to the vehicle keys.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

If the Battery is flat just use the key in the key hole provided for if the battery is flat.

Then you can get in the car, get the owners manual out to read how to open the car if there is a flat battery and hopefully pull the bonnet release to open that. 

It is not Simply Clever just simple.

• Thanks 1

OK, point taken, chaps.  I was thinking of (older?) cars with a cable operated bonnet release, where there are ways of releasing the bonnet without access to the key.  

This was quite an issue on another forum I frequented a few years ago.