Navigation navigation stuck in navigation starting up.

Hello. My colmbus just stopped working. The radio is working fine but the navigation and maps are not working it is stuck on navigation starting up.I have reset it but it hasn't helped.

What age is your car, and which generation Infotainment system do you have? Presumably your sat nav system is stored on a hard disk rather than an SD card? 

Chris

41 minutes ago, CJJE said:

What age is your car, and which generation Infotainment system do you have? Presumably your sat nav system is stored on a hard disk rather than an SD card? 

Chris

Based off of the information provided being an Octavia with the BKD engine and being a PD style, I'd hazard a guess that it's a Mk2 Octy based off of the engine. You'd have to let the OP give confirmation of the specific model year and generation of the system. :)

2 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Based off of the information provided being an Octavia with the BKD engine and being a PD style, I'd hazard a guess that it's a Mk2 Octy based off of the engine. You'd have to let the OP give confirmation of the specific model year and generation of the system. :)

Cheers, I used to have one of those, but it didn't have a satnav. If it's a 1st generation infotainment system, I think the SD card is only used to update the mapping database on the hard disk, and the operating software is all stored internally. If it won't reset, I think it may well need professional attention. But with a system that old, can you still get updated maps for it anyway?

Chris

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJJE said:

But with a system that old, can you still get updated maps for it anyway?

I have no idea, but my money could be on "probably not" given the age alone. I don't have a SatNav in the Fabia, but I do often carry passengers, or I'll ask someone for directions if all else fails. :D

Hi. Thanks  rusty. I did buy the unit from you about three years ago I think. It is with DAB inbuilt. Do you know roughly how much it is likely to cost?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2021 at 16:36, jaja210 said:

Hello. My colmbus just stopped working. The radio is working fine but the navigation and maps are not working it is stuck on navigation starting up.I have reset it but it hasn't helped.

Mine to, just says insert navigation dvd won't start up or the media button was hoping for a quick fix ,tried resetting but it seems like a common problem with the columbus hardware fault 

Just now, Si72 said:

Mine to, just says insert navigation dvd won't start up or the media button was hoping for a quick fix ,tried resetting but it seems like a common problem with the columbus hardware fault 

@Rustynuts is yer man for all things Columbus AFAIK.

• Like 1