front parking sensors

You can set the front and rear sensors to make different tone in infotainment, so you know if you are closing in at front or rear.   I am assuming you mean normal manual driving which I think is just a warning.

Automatic parking will stop the car before it hits anything (although trusting it to spot a small pole is not something I have ever tried)

In my experience, the side sensors are only used in two situations, 1 to measure distances to see if sufficient space is available for autoparking and 2 when you are autoparking, it will give an audible warning and display green or red warning lights when say there's a high kerb or dustbin awaiting collection on the pavement.

But these are parking sensors - do any of the parking sensors brake your car?  I was under the impression it was the single sensor in the grille that brakes the car? 

The only time parking sensors have auto stopped me was on my last car which in addition to self parking, had the rear cross traffic function. When the system detected say another car approaching whilst I was reversing out of a parking space, or if there was a high verge when I was doing a three point turn on a country road, the system would auto apply the brake.

My current Kodiaq has auto parking but not rear cross traffic and it's never applied the brakes whilst manouvering at crawling pace.  

Edited by kodiaqsportline

10 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

But these are parking sensors - do any of the parking sensors brake your car?  I was under the impression was the single sensor in the grille that brakes the car? 

The parking sensors will apply the brakes if the manoeuvre braking option is ticked in the parking and manoeuvring menu.

• Thanks 1

Slightly off topic and maybe irrelevent here as my car is a Kamiq, but my rear parking sensors have applied the brakes whilst slowly reversing, rather violently I might add.

I have no auto parking or any such gadgets and was unaware that the car was capable of this. It is mentioned in the handbook though, which I read afterwards 😏

10 hours ago, olderman1 said:

Slightly off topic and maybe irrelevent here as my car is a Kamiq, but my rear parking sensors have applied the brakes whilst slowly reversing, rather violently I might add.

I have no auto parking or any such gadgets and was unaware that the car was capable of this. It is mentioned in the handbook though, which I read afterwards 😏

This is applied by the two radar modules that are used for the lane change warning.  They are also used for the Rear Traffic Alert.

They are radar units, not ultrasonic like parking sensors.  The MY19s had shorter ranged units (about 10m I think) and this was upgraded in MY20 to 70m or something but I'm not sure why.

It is indicated on the infotainment screen by the red/orange wedges.  Orange "warning", red "will brake"

I've had a small shrub moving in the wind set this off while reversing.

image.png.0a85cca9480d3bd8b624ae9907af108f.png

image.thumb.png.3e8c2cff9b7be9f97f2c32d686ae4a90.png