"New" VRS wheels and space saver ?

Due to very strong/increasing residuals (well at least before the bubble bursts!) and guaranteed p/ex strongly considering placing an order for the new VRs.I have a 2020 VRS at the moment and there appears to be no room for a space saver. As it seems like we are forced to take seven seat option does anyone know if it is still not an option as its not showing as such on the configurator....or does it maybe come as standard?

Whilst there are plenty of pictures of the 2022 VRs wheels with aero covers on haven't found one of the Sagittarius without the covers ie the more traditional 3D look as apposed to flat covers. I have the race blue colour which will be hard to leave but again can't seem to source any pictures of the new VRs in Graphite Grey which is apparently between Quartz and Business.

Shame its not coming with the 320Bhp engine such as in the Arteon R but  hoping it will be a better fit than the existing Diesel Biturbo which fits the transmission on the open road well but isn't particularly refined around town. Perchance the petrol will be more suitable for the regular very short journeys I'm doing.Going to try a facelift 190bhp petrol Sportline at the dealer as a starter to evaluate the pros and cons. 

Typically buy 3 month old demos or ex Skoda management cars but it seems that's not going to be a possibility as dealers can't order them for themselves only "customer " order. Have never ordered new before  preferring to travel the length of the country for the right vehicle with subsequent pre -regd benefits but as been offered 3k more than i paid for mine 16 months ago guaranteed for the 22week build period and also the fact it seems like it will be the only way to get one jumping out my comfort zone!

10 hours ago, Scunnyskoda said:

As it seems like we are forced to take seven seat option does anyone know if it is still not an option as its not showing as such on the configurator....or does it maybe come as standard?

Spare wheel is now standard in all 7 seat Kodiaqs, including the VRS.

Shame its not coming with the 320Bhp engine such as in the Arteon R but  hoping it will be a better fit than the existing Diesel Biturbo which fits the transmission on the open road well but isn't particularly refined around town. Perchance the petrol will be more suitable for the regular very short journeys I'm doing.

They have to give people some reason to still buy VWs... after all, if you could get exactly the same thing with a Skoda badge, no-one would buy a VW ever again 🤣. I'm still yet to even remotely push the boundaries of performance in mine, preferring to take care of it as I plan on keeping this for a long time (quite probably the last ICE car I ever buy). Having said that, it's quiet (as long as you turn the stupid sound generator off) and very refined. The combination of engine and gearbox seems to be perfect for both motorway journeys and around town - compared to the Edition (1.4TSI 150) I had before, it's so much better. For example, it's a lot smoother when starting off from lights, there's no jerk as the auto-hold releases and 1st gear engages like there was in my old one.

Just don't go expecting much in the way of economical running from it - it's steadily getting better as things settle down, but I'm current getting about 25mpg around town and 32mpg on the motorway... driving like a nun and only doing 65mph! Used to get 45mpg in the Edition on an average motorway run... pushing 50mpg on a really good one.

Typically buy 3 month old demos or ex Skoda management cars but it seems that's not going to be a possibility as dealers can't order them for themselves only "customer " order.

Yup, this is what my dealer told me too. I ordered it 'blind' right at the start of July as I'd already decided and there was no chance of there being any to look at / drive... as it turns out, pretty sure I've ended up with one of the first into the country.

For me, it came down to the cost. I considered going with an Enyaq, but lack of any discount or incentives ruled that out. And the Kodiaq VRS also came out cheaper per month than an Octavia VRS iV estate. Yes, running costs aren't the best, but I work from home so I don't actually do that many miles... it's a glorified taxi for the kids and the dog really 🤦‍♂️.

• Thanks 1

Morning Yogi, thank you for your incites since receiving your beautiful VRS. I ordered a month after you (blind as well) and the build has slipped a month (expected). This has xmas in the way now, so i’ve been advised to expect a realistic mid Jan delivery, but happy to wait. Excited though having seen your pics!

I think you’re right that you may just have one of the first in the uk. Mines booked in for a full PPF and I’m told they may have to use mine for the templates 🤭

8 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

My dealer won’t sell me a VRS for less than an Octavia 😔

You need a new dealer. Or a time machine to take you back to the start of July. Or both.

There are, for obvious reasons, absolutely no discounts to be had now. But thanks to the GMFV on the Kodiaq vs the Octavia, the discount the dealer did for me, and the deposit allowance, it's absolutely bonkers the way it worked out. Adding in the stupidly high amount of equity that I had with the p/x thanks to crazy used prices, and the monthly cost for this £48k car is the same as I was paying for the £32k Edition I had previously.

Unfortunately, that massive 'deposit' that I put in will - I'm sure - have disappeared almost completely by the end of the PCP deal.

Ah! I see there was some clever wheeling and dealing that resulted in a lower monthly figure.

But ...... a £48K car is always gonna be more expensive than a £32K car.

For me its all about the annualised cost over the total ownership period.

( which is obviously turned into a monthly cost)

As a general observation - it's frightening to see the list prices on all cars these days. £40K. £50K in no time. Small cars now reaching £25K. Crazy.

I'll be thinking hard about my true needs when the next change time comes round.

It's ALWAYS about the TCO (Total cost of ownership).

PCP was a godsend to the industry as it effectively allowed people to pay lower monthly amounts for a new car, and importantly, to continue to do so after the end of the 3 year period with minimal extra outlay.

The elephant in the room that many people don't understand is that when the music stops, there is little to no equity in the car.  Effectively PCP (without the final purchase) is glorified renting.

So you are right.  A £48k car will always be more expensive than a £32k car.   That extra £16k WILL be a cost to the buyer (either explicitly or implicitly).

You are also right about the inflated price of cars these days.  Madness (although they can be reduced with sensible shopping around).

Edited by xspartx

The companies behind 'Subscription'  is where the big Tory donors have invested. 

That is rent a car by the month, keep it month after month or change it and get a new one delivered to your door and the costs are all included.

When you want another you pay the new price and delivery to you and if one is getting dropped off you do not need to pay for the other going.

This is suited to those getting EV's and the UK Government are going to encourage this sort of business because it is their donors that are behind it. 

Obvious the financial institutions and major Car Auction company is as well and those that own the Car Supermarkets.

13 hours ago, xspartx said:

The elephant in the room that many people don't understand is that when the music stops, there is little to no equity in the car.  Effectively PCP (without the final purchase) is glorified renting.

Couldn't agree more. I have never put more than the deposit required by the dealer to place the order into a car before now, and I've never kept a PCP car beyond the end of the term. Yes, I could have leased, but I find by the time you dial up the mileage to something realistic, it's never that much cheaper on the cars I've wanted. That combined with the stringent conditions about what you can/cannot do and condition on return etc have always put me off. (If you chase the deals and go with whatever is on offer, I agree that leasing can be a lot cheaper sometimes). So I've never factored into my equations the cost of buying the car at the end... therefore higher GMFVs are always a benefit. I returned the Octavia VRS I had to VWFS as there was no equity in it and I could get a better deal on the next one without p/x'ing it.

The difference this time is that I put all the equity from the old Kodiaq - thanks to the craziness at the moment - into the new one in order to reduce the monthly payment. I figured it was a one-time chance to get myself the Kodiaq I really wanted, especially as it will almost certainly be the last non-electric car I own. If I lose all of that at the end of the deal, then it doesn't matter because I wasn't expecting it in the first place. And if I do decide to keep it, then it's effectively a big discount on the total I will have paid for it overall.

12 hours ago, roottoot said:

That is rent a car by the month, keep it month after month or change it and get a new one delivered to your door and the costs are all included.

You can see why this is so popular though - especially now everything is subscription based, from your TV to your music to your fitness to... well, everything. It's fixed cost motoring (except for fuel).

The downside for the consumer, and upside for the dealers/manufacturers, is that there is no negotiating to be done... no discounts off list price or deposit contributions or low-rate finance or anything like that. I'm sure there will be 'offers' where they discount the subscription cost for different models depending on what they have lots of stock of, but as nowhere has stock of anything at the moment...

Fuel cost is included with EV,s on subscription.   As to nobody having stock.   Not actually correct.  There are cars available that are new and built and in the UK or in transit to the UK.  Not all manufacturers are useless and peed off the Semi conductor manufacturers in the way the VW group did.  Some paying fair prices for components.