Front top mounts.

Hey everyone.

My car is developing what I'm 99% sure is topmount bearing noise when slow manoeuvring, not so much a creaking but more of a bearing moving kind of noise (people who have had it I'm sure will know what I mean). . I've has it on other cars too. . 

My car only has 27k on and is a 68 plate facelift vrs.

What are my chances of getting it sorted under warranty? . . I've only owned the car just over 4 months and it's already had the water pump replaced and had issues on the drive home from the dealer 🙄. . 

I've seen some tuning company's have made "upgraded" versions of the topmounts/bearings. . If I have to do them myself, are these worth the extra or am I better sticking with a OEM style topmount?

Thanks.

Luke.

If you purchased it from a garage you could take it back to them under the Consumer Rights Act if 2015, as the car should be fit for purpose for 6 months from date of purchase.

There is a TPI associated with creaking strut tops.  Usually associated with TDI's but it has been known on TSI engines too.  Speak to your local - decent - Skoda dealer [not Hasledons in Doncaster] or as you are in South Yorkshire, go and have a chat with Darkside Developments as they maybe able to assist.

Mine has developed the same issue, my car is a 66 plate on 34k but is out of warranty with the garage.

I would speak to the dealer as it is a known problem with the OE parts, they should be willing to help you.

I have bought OEM top mounts, bearings and drop links, the design was originally an issue with the Febi units that they have now revised, so you should have no issues.

11 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

There is a TPI associated with creaking strut tops.  Usually associated with TDI's but it has been known on TSI engines too.  Speak to your local - decent - Skoda dealer [not Hasledons in Doncaster] or as you are in South Yorkshire, go and have a chat with Darkside Developments as they maybe able to assist.

Do you have any idea what the TPI number is?

I would have thought tdi or tsi won't make a difference . . They are still MQB chassis. . Unless the weight of the diesel engine can make the difference.

I went to look at an octy at the donny skoda dealer, the sales man opened the car from inside the dealership and stayed there. . Didn't seem arsed at all. . Along with the car having a massive scrape down the rear quarter and bumper I soon left (that was a 19plate car and up at over 20k. . I couldn't believe they had the cheek to display it in the state the body work was in, to be honest)

Darkside is very close to Me, but if it was just to have top mounts replaced I have a mechanic that is more than capable, I've been looking and there is quite a few aftermarket mounts out there, most boasting how crap the oem ones are. 🙄

Edited by vrs'burks

8 hours ago, vrs'burks said:

Darkside is very close to Me, but if it was just to have top mounts replaced I have a mechanic that is more than capable, I've been looking and there is quite a few aftermarket mounts out there, most boasting how crap the oem ones are. 🙄

I went for Monroe units, they come with all the bolts and the bearing ( I believe the Febi ones do also), whereas a lot of the cheaper ones come without.

My 2020 (31k miles) 1.5 TSI is making this noise. It’s especially noticeable when making a three point turn. Mines is in at the dealer just now as the fuel pump is noisy so I might chance my arm and see if they’ll replace the top mounts as well.